“Hip Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Long Beach
“Hip Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Love this hotel. I've stayed here a couple of times and it never disappoints. Wonderful lobby. Bar and reception staff is fabulous! Comfortable pool area with tons of lounging. Love the shower. The pillows are not very comfortable so you may need to snag the extra one stored in the bathroom/vanity area. Rooms are loft inspired and hip. The rooms have a large T.V. which is not very common of hotels. Definately must stay!

Room Tip: choose one over looking the pool!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Hello Jennifer S,

We are all so happy you enjoyed your experience with us so much that you continue to return and share your experience with other travelers! We truly appreciate your compliments on our lobby, staff, and other amenities offered. It is always so rewarding to receive such positive feedback from our guests. It lets us know that we are doing our job at exceeding our guests' expectations in every way we possibly can. If you ever feel the pillows provided do not meet your expectations please feel free to inform us and we would be more than happy to deliver additional pillows. We thank you for choosing to stay with us and for completing the review. We hope to accommodate you again soon!

Best Regards,
Gonzalo Rodriguez - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

I really enjoy the service and the atmosphere. I feel very comfortable staying here and will Continue. Oming back.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Dudeski95,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Rancho Cucamonga. We certainly appreciate the great compliments on our property and our service. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

If you're a college student or in your mid 20s.... a soccer mom in her 30s or 40s (who STILL REALLY likes to party on the weekend) This IS the place!...will get to the kids later! Business men and especially the women seeking out young hot men.....come on down!

THIS IS THE VIBE OF THIS HOTEL! Its a young trendy place and do not make any mistakes about it.... Its a BEAUTIFUL property like all other Aloft Hotels....but this one is a little out of control!. I'm in my 30s and I like to party when in the mood, but I also like to sleep and this was impossible. Not to bore you all with the details...but if you get a room facing the pool, the bar spills out into a patio by the pool. So drunk guys and gals and thin bedroom walls = A LOT of noise and no sleep!. This was probably my worst hotel stay EVER! Just horrid!

IF you have to stay here...choose the rooms facing the front of the hotel (south) or good luck to getting any sleep on a Friday or Saturday night. My complaints to the front desk were acted upon, but to no avail...the same thing happened the the next night....drunks and partiers will be just that! They admitted that this hotel draws a party clientele on the weekend, so there you have it. Interestingly enough, I had requested a quiet room facing the front but was advised to face the pool with better views. They failed to mention the extra noise. The hotel staff are nice and friendly at least.

The rooms are very very nice...and I love the walk in shower. Not much "closet" space if you can call it that, but it works. Book a Queen room, they are larger than the Kings (where I felt a little boxed in after 4 nights) but still an ok size. Free fast internet and they have a nice little gym. The pool is ruled by 10-13 year old girls in skimpy bathing suits during the day...again inappropriate, but look at the parents.

I also had to move rooms the last night, since housekeeping failed to clean my room and had left. The Bliss products are great, and I stocked up...trust me, it was the least they could do ;).

The hotel is a short drive to the Ontario Mills outlet...but it would seem that the new real action is 3 miles away at the Victoria Gardens outdoor mall...its real nice, with an In and Out and Walmart close by.

There is a shuttle bus to the airport and close by attractions I was told. Lots of FREE parking and well its a pretty decent price at $74 per night. A nicer more traditional SPG hotel nearby would be the Four Points for the same price, sans all the noise.

Hotel management apologized with around 500 points. I complained to SPG and demanded a full refund, which Ive never even thought of doing in over 1000 nights of hotel stays...and they sent over 10,000 points as a major apology and called twice to make sure I was happy....so all in all, its a lot of points BUT I would have rather enjoyed 4 nights of good sleep instead. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! Unless you fall into the first paragraph ;) and then it will be a lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear 1blokeCA,
First, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us. We are extremely sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. I also apologize that you did not get a comfortable nights sleep, due to some noisy neighbors and that your perception of our property was rowdy and loud, but I can assure you we do have a strict No Party Policy at our hotel. That weekend we happened to have had three different sports teams in house. I was the manager on duty that evening and was monitoring the lobby and pool area to ensure the noise level was at a minimum. I would like to thank you for the positive comment about our rooms, amenities, and location. Thank you for completing the review on our property. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback is important to us and this is the only way we improve our service and product. We hope you decide to give us another opportunity to accommodate you in the near future.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I liked:
1. Very friendly staff
2. Super comfy lobby/bar area. A great place to hang out.
3. Variety of food, snack, and drinks in the "ReFuel" area.
4. Nice pool for swimming laps.
5. Welcomed our dogs.
6. Device in room where I could hook up my computer to the T.V.
7. Big glass shower with super shower head.
8. Comfortable bed.
9. Nice chair for sitting at the desk.

What could have been better:
1. The room wasn't cozy. Kinda has an industrial feel to it.
2. Wasted space in the room. With better placement of the bed there could be a couch for watching T.V.
3. Noisy room. Could hear stuff, I don't know what, going on in the floor above.

Bottom Line: I would stay in an Aloft hotel again if choosing between chains of a similar price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Dear BeachWizard4U,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and giving us your feedback on your experience with us. We loved hearing about the great things you enjoyed about our hotel and certainly appreciate all of your positive comments on our staff, amenities, and rooms. We are constantly striving to make our guests experience a memorable and enjoyable one. Although the brand standard of the room did not exceed your expectations we are more than happy to hear that you would still return. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Cianna did an excellent job in coordinating our 2 day business meeting. We experienced no issues during our 2 days on site. All requests were accomodated in a timely manner. Thanks to all who made our business meeting a success

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear ncsuman,

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us! Thank you so very much for your compliments on Cianna and the rest of the team who made your meeting a success. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Was pleasantly suprised when we stayed at this hotel. It is very modern and the staff is very outgoing and friendly. I'm sad that we were only there for a short period of time, but would have like to just hang around the hotel to enjoy the atmosphere. The refuel area was perfect for us as we were on the go! Free wifi was a nice touch to check out our next location on our ipad. Would stay here again on my next trip in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Hello Shanon J,

We are certainly glad you decided to stay with us! Thank you so very much for your compliments on our property and staff. Your feedback is taken seriously, as we are constantly focused on making each experience with us the very best! We are happy that our amenities were convenient for you during your visit. Again, thank you for taking the time to complete the review on our property. We're looking forward to welcoming you back once again!

Best Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is the bar next door and I couldn't be more comfortable every time I come here. Alexis, Karina, and Shawn treat me like a princess everytime I go. And they have since day one. I moved to this city from Omaha, Nebraska after a brutal breakup and an intense finger reattachment. I really just needed a place to relax. I was super lucky to find aloft just down the street with the three most beautiful girls I ever met (yes, that includes you, Shawnathan).
P.s. the drinks are good too. And the Eddiemonies.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Hello Lolasin,

We are so thrilled that you enjoy your experience with us each time you visit! Thank you so very much for returning and your compliments on Alexis, Karina, and Shawn. We are constantly striving to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. We appreciate your recommendation and we look forward in welcoming you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn R...
#2 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-...
#6 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontari...
#3 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#1 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills

Been to Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!