“Local Favorite is Pastrami on Chili Cheese Fries!”
Review of The Hat

The Hat
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Wilton, Iowa
“Local Favorite is Pastrami on Chili Cheese Fries!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We choose incorrectly! We got a cheeseburger, french dip and Chili cheese fries from menu. HOWEVER...we saw people with this pile of pastrami going by us! It looked amazing, but we didn't know what it was called on the menu. I asked someone and they said it wasn't on the menu. You have to ask for Chili Cheese Fries with Pastrami on top! Looked awesome and if I go back I will order exactly that!

Visited September 2012

Corona, California
“If you like pastrami....holler at these guys”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Bomb pastrami. Like ridiculously good. I get extra mustard & pickles. It's a little greasy and they didn't have chocolate shakes which is my favorite with a pastrami sandwich(i like to dip my fries) but it's an awesome old school place to get down on some fatty food.

Visited August 2012
Irving, Texas
“What a treat”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We visited for a late dinner and it was a real treat. Both the shaved pastrami and the roast beef sandwiches were excellent. The worst part of the meal was not being able to finish a whole sandwich. They were way too good to leave, but to large to finish. We also loved the chili cheese fries. It was just the right combination of chili and cheese on a large portion of fries. Three of us couldn't finish one order.

• Visited August 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Pastrami, Pastrami, and more Pastrami!!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We live in Las Vegas, and every time we travel to California, we now make THE HAT a regular stop. The Pastrami is the best. I like mine plain, the meat has such a good flavor, no need to add mustard or pickles. As a hint, share an order of fries, they are huge! A small order can easily be shared between 2-3 people, and a large 4-6 people. During lunch, it will be tough to find a table. The place is always packed, and thats because it really is that good. Have one person order and the other people in your group looking for and saving a table. The menu also has Burgers, hot dogs, and other sandwiches, all of which I will never try because the Pastrami is just that good! We even took some back with us this last trip. They packed the meat, au jus, and bread all separately and made it easy to pack in our cooler and build the sandwiches at home. They have several locations, and I highly recommend you check one out. As for pricing, I believe you get what you pay for, you get almost 1/2 pound of meat on the sandwich. The Pastrami sandwich is almost $8.00, fries are $2.50. I just wish they had one in Las Vegas

• Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, CA
“Great Pastrami!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Excellent food here! Pastrami and French Dip are really good. The sandwiches, and all the other plates are HUGE. Easy to share with someone else. Our whole family usually shares chili fries.

• Visited May 2012