“Excellent service,delicious food,best wine list! I love the by the glass selections!”
Review of Il Forno Classico

Il Forno Classico
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: We specialize in fresh made Italian style dishes; Hand Tossed Pizzas, freshly sautéed pasta, fresh seafood-like salmon, halibut, scallops, and shrimp and fresh Angus beef.There is an exhibitionary kitchen in the main dining room, a full bar, a wine shop and private room as well as two outdoor patios.The wine list is a five time Wine Spectator Award Winning List. We feature over fifty wines by the glass; our specialty is west coast Cabernet sauvignon with over 200 selections. All wine is available to purchase to go at standard retail or less. In the restaurant the most it would cost is $14 over retail. The wine shop also doubles as a private dining room that can accommodate up to 30 sit down or 40 as a cocktail party.Two outdoor patios are in front of the restaurant for those who enjoy people watching.
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is always a fabulous dining experience. The bread is great! I love breaking into it and dippping it into the balsamic dip! Yum! I had the prociutto wrapped prawns special in a chardonnay cream ssuce. It was to die for. I enjoy using their iPad wine list, and I found two perfect glasses of wine to pair with my meal. I can't wait to return! Thank you Il Forno Classico!

1  Thank lilyfarmer
Scott L, Owner at Il Forno Classico, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for such a glowing response! It is so nice to hear from our fans and regulars. The ipad wine list has been such a great tool in trying to keep current with our list of over 600 wines. We had a great response on the prawns and in the future you can order those off the menu if you so choose. Thank you for taking the time to post the compliment.
Scott

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I went here for a business lunch. They bring you warm uncut focaccia bread that is impossible to cut without manhandling the bread. Not a good way to start a business meeting. I will say if you manage to get a piece, it is fantastic. More bread is extra, so don't like it too much. The waitress was slow to take our drink order and even worse to take our food order. The couple next to us got food before they even took our order and they sat down after us. (Yes our menus were closed). I got a lunch special with a mixed green salad (tiny walnuts, blue cheese crumbles and vinaigrette) and a penne sausage with spicy red sauce. The salad was decent but the lettuce leaves were very dry, and the tiny walnut pieces were overtaking the salad. The pasta was not spicy at all and was rather bland. Quite disappointing. Atmosphere looked nice but the room was incredibly loud. Not a good place for business. There are better restaurants out there. Save your money and patience for another establishment.

Hello,
I would like to thank you for your feedback. I have discussed the details with our day shift in order to help future guests experiences. I also would like to apologize for the service you received. We try provide exceptional service at all times, for example some our guests will have us cut the fresh focaccia for them, most don't as when you cut hot bread it lets the steam out and starts to dry around the edges. But we would be happy to do this for you. I would also like to point out that the bread policy is that we have the right to charge for more than 2 - 9 inch loaves per 3 people.
I am also sorry you were not impressed with your meal. You had two of our most popular dishes. We are always trying to please and once again I am sorry we didn't meet the mark for you. If by chance you decide to give us another try please reach out for me and I would be happy to try and improve your feelings for our restaurant.
Take care,
Scott

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Went there for dinner May 2013 with 7 business associates. Everyone was pleased with the wine and their meal. We were there about 1.5 hours. Leisurely drinks, meal and conversation without feeling rushed.

Word-of-mouth reputation.........Front desk hotel staff at multiple hotels and other locals form businesses recommended it. Also highly rated on Trip Advisor.

Greeting and order taking........Took order in reasonable amount of time.
Food preparation time..............Reasonable.
Food quality and taste.............Excellent.
Variety.....................................Very good
Service overall.........................Very good. Very friendly and helpful staff.
Portions:..................................Large
Wine selection.........................Excellent..
Noise Level..............................Excellent for conversations.
Prices:......................................A bit pricey.
Customers:..............................Middle upper class clientele.
Ambiance:...............................Very nice; upscale; Italian food.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were part of a large (22) group that ate here. They put us in their wine room. It was so noisy that I had trouble hearing the people across the table from us. That was the only complaint. The food was wonderful. A man was leaving and asked if I had been here before. When I told him that I was from out-of-town he told me to try the salmon. I said that I didn't like salmon so he said to have the halibut which is my favorite. It was wonderful. I ate so much delicious bread and the salad which we shared was so big that I had trouble trying to finish the fish. We had to leave so we didn't stay around to see if anyone had dessert. The service was a little slow but we were a big party and it was Friday night. I didn't care that much but eventually we had to leave to do something else. I would return there.

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Today I tried the charcuterie plate,it had a fried goat cheese with the crustini was off the charts! The bread here is delicious. The spring salad,with their special dressing, was equally delicious. I had a ravioli dish with a lite cream sauce that was amazing. Very friendly staff.Can't wait to return, next time its the seafood risotto!