“Decent breakfast, large portions, quick service”
Review of Waffle Shop

Waffle Shop
Ranked #66 of 143 Restaurants in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This place was like an old-fashioned waffle house - my son got the strawberry waffle with whipped cream topping and ate every bite. I ordered an omelot and gave my biscuit w/gravy and hash browns to my son (but he was full) I tasted a bite of the sausage gravy and it was good. the hash browns were cooked well. The Denver omelet was the right amount of peppers and cheese, the coffee was refilled frequently and they kept my son's water glass full. We would go back again when staying in Rancho Cordova.

There are newer reviews for Waffle Shop

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This place started our pretty decent but has steadily declined in food quality, cleanliness, service, and price. We will never eat there again. Perhaps they figure that since they are located in a scummy part of Rancho Cordova they have no competition, but that is the wrong way to do business. The food was inedible and the service neglectful.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've eaten breakfast at many places over the years and I always come back here for the waffles. Tried many other breakfast items but nothing beats the pecan waffle.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

As an new acquaintance told me, "the Waffle Shop is an acquired taste." I have been here before and I came back to see if breakfast continued to be interesting. It was kind of a strange visit. The first thing that hit me was the smell. It wasn't offensive but it wasn't the aroma of great food on the griddle... I'm not sure what it was.

The clientel was odd that day as well. A raucous old guy was seated near the door and loudly expressing his opinions. Two guys seated behind me and spent breakfast arguing about a family business issue. Interesting... not offensive but interesting.

I had the breakfast burrito and it was good, Two of them served with good hash browns. Coffee was good and kept on coming. As usual the meal was big and well beyond my ability to complete.

This continues to be an interesting place to eat breakfast. As long as I'm coming to the area, I'll probably wander in and see what the excitement for the day is.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Make sure to come hungry. The omelets are huge, and require two meals to finish. The coffee is very good and the staff makes sure it is always filled. This place is always busy and I can see the reason why. Lot's of locals and lots of food.....a great deal for the price.