“Nice, big, clean, family friendly.”

Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed November 4, 2010

My husband and I are loyal Hyatt Place customers after our stay here. The beds were very comfortable, and the rooms were nice and clean. We were travelling with our 15 month old and it was a nice setup to be able to put her down in the bedroom area and still have a living area to hang out in after she went to sleep. A step better than that would have been to have an actual suite with a closing door, but that would have been a lot more money so we didn't mind this compromise.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 29, 2010

I stay at the Hyatt Place Rancho one week out of every month and I could barely be more happy with it. The staff at the hotel is awesome. The front desk staff (especially Amy and Dean) have become friends and are always pleasant and helpful. The cleaning staff does a good job on the rooms, and the few interactions I've had with them have been pleasant as well. The place is always clean.

Regarding their food: The Oreo dream bars they have at the front desk are killer - I expect I've gained a few pounds over the months just because of them. The free breakfast is continental, but is pretty good: always lots of fresh fruit (the grapefruit are excellent!) and they alternate between oatmeal and biscuits and gravy (which my southern stomach LOVES). They do have a hot breakfast available for additional charge, which I cannot comment on because I've never had it; but I have eaten dinner. Despite not being heavily staffed, they manage to make all kinds of food in the kitchen, and what I've had is good. Another commenter wrote about the coffee urn being empty: that does happen from time to time, but a request to the staff always results in a new one being brought quickly.

The pool is fine, only used it on one trip, but it was a welcome break from the Sacramento August heat. The exercise room is not fantastic, but it suffices: an elliptical, a couple of treadmills. I've used them many times and they've always been in good working shape, and the water machine dispenses chilled water. I've sat in the bar area a bit: there's often friendly conversation there although (as with most bars) there are occasional drunks. The staff tries to avoid the situation, but sometimes it's inevitable. Free wireless internet (which is a commodity I find more hotels in California skimping on); I've never had a problem with signal.

The area holds no particular attractions, being located right off Rt. 50 and Zinfandel and right next door to the Rancho city government building. There are decent restaurants available nearby: I frequent the Cordova casino (where they have killer ribs!) and Chili's on Zinfandel. But if you have business in the area, the location is fine. Make sure you don't go up Gold Center Drive and try and turn left to go south on Zinfandel: go out to White Rock instead.

All in all, if you have business in the area, it's a great place with very friendly people.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My husand and son recently spent a night at this hotel for a baseball tournament. They could not say enough good things about the hotel, room and staff. They checked in late on Saturday night and asked what time breakfast was served on Sunday morniing. The front desk girl said not until 7:30am and my husand asked if it would be set up earlier because my son had to be at the field by 7am. So what did she do you may ask? She went into the kitchen and had a whole breakfast package assembled for them to take into their room. Yogurt, cereal, milk, fruit, pastry, bagel and juice. How awesome is that? I've stayed at the W and various Marriotts this past summer and have not received customer service like this. Good job Hyatt. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Relaxed atmosphere, nice decor, large room, well maintained, pretty nice pool.
Breakfast was (only) OK. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat if I am ever in this area again.
In terms of geography, it's a bit outside of the city but was totally on my way from Sacramento to Lake Tahoe so it was a perfect for me. Price relative to luxury and comfort was quite favorable. The drawback for anyone w/ business in Sacramento itself is that it's a bit our of the way and don't forget to factor in traffic for any travel at rush hour.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Excellent location on major Hwy 50 Interchange, attractive facility, good exercise room, nice breakfast, liked the mini-bar in the lobby, great comfortable beds after a long day on the road, beautiful large LCD TV, roomy

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I stay at this Hyatt Place almost every week for business. The staff is friendly and helpful, the hotel is very clean, and the rooms are huge! The rooms have big 40" flat screen tv's, a big vanity area, a big sectional couch, and free wifi. They have a nice free breakfast in the morning - it is continental, but still there's a big variety to choose from. Many nights I've eaten food from their cafe and it's reasonably priced and really pretty good.

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel. It's great for business travel, and I'd stay there with my family if the opportunity arose. The value for the money is fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Newly renovated room with everything we needed. Clean suite with fridge, flat screen tv with plug and play station, nice simple decor. Bed was a little too soft for me. Staff was very accomodating. Pool only, no jacuzzi. We didn't use the pool though as it was still chilly.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cordova
Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Courtyard Sacramento Rancho Cordova
Courtyard Sacramento Rancho Cord...
#9 of 17 in Rancho Cordova
Hyatt Place Sacramento Roseville
Best Western Plus Rancho Cordova Inn
Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova
Hampton Inn Sacramento/Rancho Cordova

Been to Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!