All reviewswet barfree breakfastliving room areayogurtoutdoor poolsofa bedwonderful hotelroom was spaciousclean hotelwould definitely stay here againfitness centernice place to stayroad noisehot breakfaststayed one nightsacramento areafront desk staff
Reviewed September 23, 2006

I would have given a 4 star if I didn't get a smoking room. I booked through priceline, got a suite room for around $45. Suites have a little office area, round table for two for eating and kitchenette with fridge and microwave seperate from the bedroom. Near Hwy 50 and across the Hwy from some shopping and eateries, will need a car. Even though my room was on theHwy side, didn't hear much traffic.
The manager mentioned they are going through major renovations next month, including converting most smoking rooms to non smoking.
Pro's;
Free cont breakfast 7-10 am on the weekends, earlier on the weekdays. Continental with fresh fruit and hard boile eggs.
Free wireless and ethernet in the rooms
Suites
Near eateries and shopping
Dog friendly hotel, lots of people bring dogs
Staff is extremely friendly, from the front desk, to housekeeping and bellman and manager.
Called the front desk to have my room neutralized spray for the cigarette smoke, the manager came in to do it immediately and it lasted for a couple of hours.
Con's
Got a smoking room and the place was full
Room smelled of smoke, especially the bedding, bought potpourri for the room but didn't help much and can't open the windows
Bed, you can feel the coils through the mattress
Lots of families, lots of kids, lots of chatter

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DebN
Reviewed September 6, 2006

I had booked a room at this hotel for a business week. I stayed one night and left running! The room was depressing with ugly decor and walls were painted this odd yellow green color. Ice and vending is on every other floor so was not on my floor. The night I spent there was the most depressing night I have had in years. Went across the street and felt much better about my stay in Rancho Cordova. Also, I booked a smoking room, and the whole floor reeked of stale cigarettes as if 1000 people had been chaing smoking there the nite before and the windows in the rooms do not open! Also, get this, my shower did not work. The hotel staff made no apologies for the shower. I would not recommend this hotel, there are a lot nicer hotels accross the street.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank tammy31
Reviewed November 10, 2005

I stayed at this hotel for one night early this month. The going rate was $125 + tax, but I paid $61 total through priceline.

PROs: nice staff, breakfast options other hotels don't offer, good location off US50 in a business park, free parking, free assortment of newspapers, clean bathroom.

CONs: flat standard hotel mattress, no variety of pillows, the room's furniture show wear (i.e., rips, tears, dings on the edges, and the outdated decor made the room seem dingy and unclean when it wasn't, bright evening exterior lighting penetrates rooms.

For what I paid, I was ok with the hotel. If I had paid the going rate I would have felt ripped off. There is a wyngate and a marriott courtyard nearby, which are much better options for both the leisure and business traveler at this price point.

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank wtraveller
Reviewed October 9, 2005

Stayed for a week on business. Breakfast was excellent. Staff was very friendly with alot of smiles. Rooms were clean and office-like. I had no problems whatsoever.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank Scenic26148
Reviewed July 4, 2005

We stayed at the Amerisuite in June of 2005. ( My husband, myself and our two teenage daughters.) The room was extremely clean and had everything we required for our 7 day stay there.

There was a wonderful breakfast served each morning (of course, my teenagers had hoped they could sleep in longer)...but always consisted of something for everyone. While we were there, most of the customers seemed to be there on business & we pretty much had the pool to ourselves most of the day. The staff was always helpful and answered any questions we had & were happy to give driving directions whenever we ventured out! Every evening when we returned, we would enjoy the fresh popped-corn in the lobby!

A portion of our stay in California, we stayed at a higher end hotel, but the entire family enjoyed our stay at the Amerisuite much more!

I would highly recommend this establishment to others and since I have relatives who live in the general area, I plan to stay there again!

Stayed: June 2005