“Great for a business stay!”

Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I spent a week at this hotel for a business conference. For business purposes, it was great. There is a nice large living room in each room, a mini fridge and the hotel was very clean. The staff was mostly friendly. The check-in area was also the snack area, the bar, and the restaurant. This was both good and bad. Bad if you needed food/drink and the staff was busy checking people in but a great area to order a drink and sit at the bar and have a simple meal-- all very convenient. There is not a lot within close walking distance, but just a short drive away (or a bit of a walk) and there's a Chili's, McDonald's, Panera, Mexican, Sushi, and I think a few other hamburger or light plate type eateries. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I was in the area for business.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelli02

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here while accompanying my husband on business. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. They have nice seating areas, refrigerators, and come with a hot breakfast in the morning. The staff is friendly and capable. I have stayed at a few Hyatt Place hotels, and they seem to all meet a consistent standard of operation that makes me feel like I know what I'm getting or not getting. And the price is right in line with this concept.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This hotel was clean and ok. It felt a little commercial and unfriendly.

Also, the split room I wasn't crazy about.,

I stayed at 7 hotels during the time I was in Rancho Cordova and my favorite was the Hyatt House, The breakfast there was fantastic.

My hotel rankings are:
1) Hyatt House
2) Residence Inn
3) Feirfield
4) Marriott (Do not complain to Customer Service or the GM may try to get you fired)
5) Hyatt Place
6) Holiday Inn
7) Choice Inn

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stanley W
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Having an office in the area, this is one of the places that the company puts us up. Its OK. Rooms are large and semi suites, there is a lobby bar and convenience restaurant. The exercise room leaves a little to be desired having nothing but a 4 machines but they are good and in working order.

I don't know why anyone would come here except for business and you are in the middle of CA suburbia.

Over all its an OK business hotel and if I get put up here in the future I won't complain.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel has serious hygiene issues. In our first room, it was clear that the sheets to the bed had not been washed. Upon closer inspection we noticed urine stains on the sheets (after finding hair in the shower stall). When I called to request clean sheets, the manager did not seem too concerned. She decided that we should take another room. When she came to our room to help us move, she didn't even want to see the sheets. In the next room, we immediately inspected the sheets. I couldn't tell if they had been washed or not. But then my wife turned over one of the pillows and we saw blood, nasal fluid and hair. At that point we decided to get another hotel. The staff at Hyatt Place did not apologize, nor did they offer to help us find another hotel. They did cancel all charges for the hour or so we were there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Michael L
Reviewed December 24, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our one-night stay to visit friends in the area. It's centrally-located, just being off the freeway exit and in the middle of many options for shopping and eating. The downside when we stayed was that there were workmen repairing the carpet in the room across the hall, and their tools were scattered all over the hallway just outside our door. Luckily, we didn't hang around because we had to meet our friends for dinner, and by the time we got back at night, the workmen were done for the day, but they left a pile of padding right in front of our room. This, plus the tools earlier in the day, were both accidents waiting to happen. The rest of our stay was fine -- breakfast was good, the room was quiet, and the front desk staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Last weekend I stayed for two nights. The rooms are quite spacious. It had a living area with a wetbar, desk, and sectional, and behind a partial privacy wall are the two beds, and bathroom. Only thing I didn't like about the room, is that the sink vanity is open to the bedroom. If I had not traveled alone, this would be problem. Literally, the vanity is right in front of the two queen beds, with the bathroom on one side, and closet on the other. On the closet wall facing the beds, hung the TV. So literally, if your travel mate was brushing his or her teeth, and you were watching TV in bed, you'd be facing both the TV screen, and your travel mate's derrière: Awkward. There was a family, or a party with visitors and children...lots of children, a couple doors down the hallway. They were loud through the night. Kids ran up and down the hallway as if they were at a McDonalds in the midst of an East LA fiesta. Another woman, about a room down, had small dogs that barked incessantly at any little sound, even when the rambunctious children and yappy adults were actually silent. Overall, the hotel itself was fine. I might ask for a quiet floor if I ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Demand a quiet floor