All reviewswet barfree breakfastliving room areayogurtoutdoor poolsofa bedwonderful hotelroom was spaciousclean hotelwould definitely stay here againfitness centernice place to stayroad noisehot breakfaststayed one nightsacramento areafront desk staff
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here as a family of four four three nights. We had a one bedroom loft, we wanted spacious accommodations. Unfortunately the room was in horrible condition. The ceiling in the shower leaked water from above, perhaps from the shower upstairs? The carpet was dirty and stained. one of my children dropped a toy and it rolled under the couch, apparently it is never cleaned under there because I also found a shoe, napkin, piece of stale bread crust...ick. The breakfast was the highlight, with a good omelette station. The pool needed cleaning, their was a quite a few leaves and bugs floating in it and they ran out of dry pool towels. I would seriously pass on this place, I cannot even fathom why this carries the 'Hyatt' name.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here in May 2012 for a horse show in nearby Elk Grove. The Hyatt Place was very nice. The lobby and interior was very stylish and very clean. All the staff treated me warmly and were very nice. The room was HUGE and very quiet. I was here for 5 nights, and I don't think I ever heard my neighbors. Although, as will 99% of hotels, there is no soundproofing to the hallway, and you can hear people talking and doors slamming in the hall. The only real downside is that this location has no restaurant. They do have a tiny bar and cafe, and they do serve breakfast (which was very nice) and a selection of about 10 items for lunch or dinner. This worked out fine for me, although I would have enjoyed having more variety. I would probably stay here again, and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My family and I recently stayed in town for a softball tournament. We chose this hotel because I read reviews on the nice size of the rooms. Upon an inspection of our room on the 6th floor, we noticed mice droppings under the sofa cushions. The front desk moved us to another room and it was fine. There is an empty field next door which may explain the droppings from field mice. My husband says that it's normal to find things like that with the amount of traffic in/out hotels. It was a downer, but overall, our one night stay went well. Front desk service was great!

Room Tip: Do an inspection of the room upon check-in.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 808hotelguest
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend for a rowing event at Lake Natoma. So did the Cal women. Very nice room, bath, work area, lounge area, very friendly folks, great pricing. No complaints, and would stay here in a heartbeat for either work or play again. Highly recommend. I'm a road warrior for business and could easily make this my office away from home, but it was nice for a weekend also.

Room Tip: We were on a high floor and I always ask to be away from elevators and vending if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I checked into this hotel on a Thursday. We had a great deal on the price of our King room. The first two nights were quiet and restful. The staff at the front desk was pleasant. Saturday night we were suddenly awakened at 11:20 to female screams and laughing, talking and running in the hallway. Doors were slamming. The screams and laughing kept going. We looked out our door, thinking we'd see people in the hallway, but the noise was coming from the room directly across the hall from us, with their door shut. I called the front desk to complain and held the phone in the hallway so what we were hearing could be heard by the person at the front desk. The woman who answered said she would call that room. The noise escalated and I opened our door again to find a bunch of teenage girls and their adult chaperone in the hallway talking loudly and laughing. I asked the adult if she wouldn't mind being quiet as we were trying to sleep. She said not to worry, an adult was now with the young girls. A little before midnight the noise stopped.
I understand that age group usually has little awareness of others, but at that time of night I blame the adult chaperones. I assume the "great deal" we got on our room for our stay is the attraction for a large group. So, in the future, a deal of that sort is really no deal.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family