All reviewswet barfree breakfastliving room areayogurtoutdoor poolsofa bedwonderful hotelroom was spaciousclean hotelwould definitely stay here againfitness centernice place to stayroad noisehot breakfaststayed one nightsacramento areafront desk staff
Reviewed July 29, 2007

This hotel (now Hyatt Place) looks good from the outside. The rooms are updated, but the forced air conditioner/heater is the type that blows directly on the beds. They offer good coffee and limited food choices in the cramped and small lobby. My biggest complaint is the staff and manager. We were quoted one rate by the front office staff and the manager didn't want to honor that rate and charged us a lot more! The staff was not professional, courteous or pleasant - rather quite rude. This hotel definately is a Hyatt 'want-to-be'. Very disappointing. We have had such wonderful experiences with other Hyatt Hotels.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank patticake5
Reviewed June 11, 2007

This is called Hyatt Place Rancho Cordova now. Although reconstruction was going on it didn't put a kink in our stay.
Our king suite room was very clean, spacious, and comfortable, along with a wonderful huge flat screen TV. However, there was no pitcher for the coffee maker.
The complimentary breakfast was so-so with pre-cut stale fruit, runny scrambled eggs and pre-wrapped grocery style pastries. But the cereal and drinks were decent, as well as the fresh apples.
Wish the staff was attentive and polite. The maids we passed in the hallway didn't bother to acknowledge us, although we said hi, and a breakfast staff person acted as if everyone was invisible as she replenished the food. The front desk clerks did their jobs but it seemed as if they'd rather be somewhere else while they chatted with their co-workers. A personable friendly staff would have made us feel more welcome and relaxed. Although we enjoyed our room we felt as if the staff couldn't wait for us to leave.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PrimoCalifornia
Reviewed May 12, 2007

This is a very nice hotel. Our room was lovely, the beds extremely comfortable and the staff was great. All the rooms have large flat-screen TVs, refrigerators, coffee pots, and more.

The continental breakfast was deluxe: cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, danish, scrambled eggs, coffee, juice, etc. There was some remodling going on in the lobby, but in no way did that affect the service.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2007

I travel to Sacramento for business quite a lot, and my favorite place to stay is the Marriott Hotel in Rancho Cordova. The Marriott was full, so my office booked me at the Amerisuites (which is undergoing its transformation to The Hyatt Place). Unaware of the remodeling project, I was none-too-pleased to be booked at Amerisuites; I entered the hotel late at night with a bad attitude.

In short, I was very pleasantly surprised.

The hotel was still undergoing massive renovations. For example, the main lobby was shuttered...and I was forced to check in at the rear door of the hotel in a narrow corridor. That all seemed very strange to me, but - once I got to my room - I was delighted.

The rooms are VERY NICE. Hyatt is spending massive money to make "Hyatt Place" hotels 'hip,' not unlike a "W" Hotel by Starwood. I was very pleased by the thoughtful layout of my room and the fashionable furnishings. The room was tastefully decorated, and it was very "comfortable" -- it felt like my own living room.

My bed was great. There was some highway noise (the hotel sits on Route 50), so -- if you stay here -- do ask to stay on the side of the hotel *opposite* from the highway. I awoke to some road noise a couple of times, but - overall - it was an enjoyable night of sleep.

The free breakfast served in the morning was a bit of a joke. Skip it. (Unless they upgrade the food when the renovations are completed.)

All in all, I was very pleased with the Hyatt Place. I am a loyal Marriott Rewards member, so my preference is generally to stay in a Marriott hotel so that I can accumulate all of my points in one program. But I must say: If Hyatt builds a lot of these Hyatt Place hotels across the county and if their frequent stay program is a solid one, I could easily be lured away to Hyatt...

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2006

I would have given a 4 star if I didn't get a smoking room. I booked through priceline, got a suite room for around $45. Suites have a little office area, round table for two for eating and kitchenette with fridge and microwave seperate from the bedroom. Near Hwy 50 and across the Hwy from some shopping and eateries, will need a car. Even though my room was on theHwy side, didn't hear much traffic.
The manager mentioned they are going through major renovations next month, including converting most smoking rooms to non smoking.
Pro's;
Free cont breakfast 7-10 am on the weekends, earlier on the weekdays. Continental with fresh fruit and hard boile eggs.
Free wireless and ethernet in the rooms
Suites
Near eateries and shopping
Dog friendly hotel, lots of people bring dogs
Staff is extremely friendly, from the front desk, to housekeeping and bellman and manager.
Called the front desk to have my room neutralized spray for the cigarette smoke, the manager came in to do it immediately and it lasted for a couple of hours.
Con's
Got a smoking room and the place was full
Room smelled of smoke, especially the bedding, bought potpourri for the room but didn't help much and can't open the windows
Bed, you can feel the coils through the mattress
Lots of families, lots of kids, lots of chatter

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo