“Wish I could give it a 0 rating.”

Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr.
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Where to start. Well I got here on a Sunday afternoon after making an online reservation. I walked into the front office and said I had a reservation and that I also had my dog. The lady at the front told me it would be $150 to keep her here for the week I would be staying. I handed them my card and for some reason they couldn't use it because it was a different card then the one I made the reservation with. My wife made my reservation and used her card. They then told me they had to send a third party verification to my wife to approve the charges for the room. I gave them 70 dollars to get into my room otherwise they wouldn't let me in. I get into the room and the place looks respectable. Looks are definitely deceiving. The bed was the hardest thing I've ever slept on in my life. The shower head has no pressure whatsoever. The carpet is filthy. They provide a set of dishes, pots and silverware for you and all of it had dried food on it. I turned the heater on and within a minute it stated smelling funny so I turned it off and then the smoke detector went off. The tv gets 19 channels and none of the good ones. The noise from the freeway is unbearable. Even if you have a room facing away from the freeway it's still pretty loud. There is constant police activity there. The first night I was there someone's windshield got busted out by two big rocks. They called the police but they couldn't do anything because the hotel DOES NOT HAVE CAMERAS!!! The next night their back window got busted out. They called the police and they still did nothing. In talking to the people a little more I find out they are constantly selling weed here and that the dude that busted out their windows was an "unsatisfied" customer. But nevertheless this stuff happened constantly the whole time I was staying there. Not to mention that the front desk likes to call you at 730 am. They called to tell me they still hadn't received the third party verification from my wife. And that they needed it by noon. She got it to them at 10 am. My wife calls me a couple hours later and says her card was charged 407.77. I went to the front desk to figure out how they came up with 407.77. Keep in mind I gave them $70. The pet fee is $25 a night and I was getting the room for $35. She told me "well we didn't receive the third party from your wife so we charged you $53.99 for the first night. Which means the 16.01 remaining from your 70 went towards the week rate. Then your wife's card was used to pay the difference." Sufficed to say I was pretty upset at this point I left with no further conversation to my room. I will NEVER EVER stay at one of their hotels again. Whether it be Crossland, StudioPLUS, Extended Stay Deluxe, Homestead Studio Suites, or Extended StayAmerica.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Normallycontent
Ali R, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you had troubles checking in and with payment. In response to your feedback, I am personally looking into police activity on my property and finding out which guest had a broken window incident. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sar@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Where do I start? The check-in took forever to get us in the room. The room that I had reserved online wasn't available because they got over booked??? They gave us room w/ 2 beds. This room was HORRIBLE. The beds were hard like sleeping on rocks. TV remote was missing from the room. The room had bad smell we asked for non smoking room but they gave us smoking room. The AC had a moldy smell, the toilet was broken & the list goes on and on.... DO yourself a favor and run away from this place. There are so many other hotel option on next exit @ Zinfandel Dr. I had booked for 3 days but I cancelled the next morning & still waiting for my refund for the nights that I didn't stayed.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank theexpress01

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you encountered so many issues. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personally checking each reservation to ensure each room is assigned correctly. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at sar@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at Crossland from July 30, 2012 to September 17, 2012. They had great rates, the manager Lisa was excellant and I would like to commend her for having a great staff to back her up. Between Marquise, Judy, Tammy, Beverly and Chase I don't know who to commend first. It was like being back home surrounded by my neighbors in the neighborhood, only they were in the office. I never went without anything, if there were any issues, it was fixed immediately, I even got a new bed when I first came because the one in my room was too hard. They really go above and beyond accommadating your needs. Everyone is very professional, happy have great attitudes and so loving. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone I know that is traveling to Sacramento, Ca before any others.

Room Tip: If you don't like eating out and love to cook. The rooms at Crossland have kitchenettes so you c...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Lisa, Marquise, Judy, Tammy, Beverly and Chase. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. And with so many lodging options in the area, we strive to stand out by providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at Crosslands from July 18, 2012 to Sept. 15, 2012. They had great rates! The entire staff provided great customer service from management to house keeping. They have this Creed in the lobby/ office that states to treat others/guest the way you would want to be treated and the definitely uphold what the company represents! I would stay at this exact Crosslands again and I would recommend it to any one I know.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank latrecia b
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Crossland Sacramento - Point East Dr.. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at the Crossland Economy Studio in Rancho Cordova from February 2012 to September 2012. I would like to thank Lisa and her entire Team for making this stay not only Restful but Enjoyable. Her Teams Professionalism, Can-Do Attitude and their Cheerful Disposition made my “Home away from Home” far exceed expectations. Highly Recommended...DK

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. It was a sincere pleasure to hear that your enjoyed your long stay with us, especially since we strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

[iminent=xPGdzbgUWfOB] My fiance and I have been staying here at the EXTENDED STAY HOTEL / Crosslands since 2/1/2012, and we have enjoyed our stay, The employees are so nice, they make you feel right at home and offer to help with anything you need. We are looking for a permanent home to rent, but things have been tough with looking for work (along with a ton of other people) but it will happen. I enjoy staying here at CROSSLANDS HOTEL, they make me feel safe and comforable. I recommend them to everybody!! Thank You !!! Hope you have a wonderful day !! Dawn Heimbecher @ Room # 333 @ Dawn.Heimbecher88@yahoo.com : )

Room Tip: Go on-line to: ExtendedStayHotels/Crosslands.com and Reserve the rooms you will be needing, that way...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr., responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you so very much for your review of Crossland Sacramento - Point East Dr. My entire staff strives to make every guest experience totally enjoyable and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

First let me say the desk attendants are AWESOME. Diana especially helped me. Not to go into it very deep, suffice it to say I was losing my mind and she did everything in her power to get me checked in and settled. At a time I thought was going to be a horrible ordeal, she made it a little easier to bear and for that, Crossland has my business and my thanks!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Sacramento - Point East Dr. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cordova
Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento
Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sa...
#12 of 17 in Rancho Cordova
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd.
Extended Stay America - Sacramen...
#13 of 17 in Rancho Cordova
Good Nite Inn Sacramento
#33 of 82 in Sacramento
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova Sacramento
Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova
Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Co...
#11 of 17 in Rancho Cordova

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr.

Address: 11299 Point East Dr, Rancho Cordova, CA 95742-6239
Location: United States > California > Rancho Cordova
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Price Range: $63 - $84 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr. 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr. We are right down the road from the Lincoln Highway and are close to several different dining options. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Sacramento - Point East Dr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.