“Great price on price line but unfriendly staff.”

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd.
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
“Great price on price line but unfriendly staff.”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Room was clean and had everything needed. Location was perfect but unfriendly staff. Laundry was expensive but close to grocery stores, as well as Walmart and Target. Lots of shopping and close to public transportation. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank carrielwingo
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you liked our clean rooms at a great price but I am so sorry that you felt that the staff was unfriendly. Our goal is to create a “home away from home” for every guest and I will work with the staff so that this is achieved.

Thank you again for your review. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel was very nice and a good place to come back to after a day exploring the sites. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the housekeeping did a good job of keeping the room clean. The grounds are very well maintained as well. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely use this hotel again should we be back in the area. For the price, it was a good option for us.

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor room and it was very quiet. The room was large and gave us plenty of space.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you liked our rates and hotel! I’m glad that the staff was able to make your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I really enjoy my stay. The staff was always up beat and friendly and willing to help with even with the smallest of problem. While taveling along I always felt safe. This has been my home. I wish the laundry room was a little more updated and cheaper. But it does keep my clothes clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you liked our hotel! I’m glad that the staff is able to make your stay so enjoyable. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.
Stockton, California
Reviewed February 15, 2013

at extended stay hotel white rock rd. is the best place to stay in rancho cordova once on site anyone would see that the hotel is very well maintained with a top knoch staff that will jump though hoops to make you feel at home at every corner of of your stay there are no other hotels with a kitchen that even come close to the price that i payed for my stay in the area and has the quality of service that staff showed

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, February 21, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking time to write such an informative review. I'm so pleased to hear the location and amenities were so convenient for you.

We enjoyed having you and your family in our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.
Rancho Cordova, California, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2013

this hotel had really good rates and they were really nice! they also work with you when you need things and just made mine my boyfriend and my dogs stay very good! when i come back to this location i will definatel stay here again :) too bad theres no pool but the service made up for it,also the housekeepers did a very good job cleaning rooms

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, January 29, 2013

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was needing A place to call home for a affordable price And what I found at extended stay totally meet my standards you cant put a price on service but at extended stay in Rancho Cordovea the staff and management were great and the kindness and service made me feel welcome and at home for my entire stay I would recommend staying there to my friends and family members sincerly David Culfa

Room Tip: room 229 is a wonderful room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to review us. It's great to hear that the kindness and service you received made you feel welcome!

We strive to create a “home away from home” for each guest and I’m glad to hear that we succeeded! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

When Function/Use of a Hotel Room is Priority

This hotel has been going through some recent upgrades, and will be going through even more in the next few months. The buildings have been painting with the New color scheme. Room Update: New flat panel 32” TV’s, New Beds (Upgraded) & finally new lamp shades (needed but not much to speak about), this hotel is design for longer stays.

Breakfast:
They do not offer breakfast at this time but will in the January 2013

Rooms:
Basic with a kitchen, stove top, cabinets and full size refrigerator, A dinning table, A work desk/table with a lamp and a telephone with free local calls.

TV / Channels:
New 32” TV, Same basic channel line up.

WiFi:
A recent new change is they now offer free WiFi before they would charge a service fee that has been removed and replaced with basic WiFi (NOT HI SPEED) for free and faster speeds for a price (3G’s for $30) . I am more concern with Bandwidth or lack there of. I have great signal but very low bandwidth so downloading a simple news report that’s 45seconds of video generally take minutes.

Laundry Room with Vending Machines:
Last time I checked $2 for wash and $2 for drying. (On the expensive side for basic machines.)

Hotel Staff:
Manager Shaima seems to be on point with handling her property, what issues come about she deals with in a professional manner. With this a long term hotel some guess have some issues that may not occur at other hotels.

General Staff:
Also appears to do what is possible to assist you in your needs. They also appear to be in great communication with there Manager.

House Keeping Staff:
It seems all of them do a great job cleaning the rooms. Yet never seem to touch your items to do so!

Hotel Grounds/Area:
Located next to US 50 highway and to a Mc. Donald’s, Mexican Restaurant a Shell. Walking Distance to Several other Shopping Centers. Wal-Mart, Pay Less Shoes, 99 Cent Store, Steve’s Pizza, Taco Bell, Shell, Chevron, Fed Ex Office, Kaiser Permanente, Starbucks and many more.
Hotel has grounds cleaned daily and trashed removed twice. (Things you notice)

Parking:
Plenty for cars, small trucks and SUV’s Not designed for RV’s Semi’s etc.

Landscaping:
The Bushes and Trees here grow so fast sometimes it appears that they need to be trimmed even more. Landscape here well taken care of.

What to Expect:
Be reasonable, if you are comparing this Hotel to a Marriot or Hyatt then you will not like this hotel, if you feel that your only happy staying at the higher end Hotels you will not be happy, if you have the $125 or more per day to spend on a Higher End Hotel please go there, be happy and do not complain that this Hotel is not a Hyatt when your paying less then half of what you would across the street at the Hyatt or Marriot or even down the street at another Marriot.
Some reviewers have complained that they would spend the extra money next time and stay at a Hyatt or... Well I have stayed at the Hyatt and Marriot across the street a few times and Marriot tones of times and I know that every hotel has its draw backs and advantages. You generally get what you pay for or what you set your self up for failure.

What You Really Need To Know:
No Pool
No Ice Machine
No Breakfast Yet (Coming in Jan, 2013)
Average WiFi (In room WiFi needs some help but its prob do to access point issue)
Average + Rooms but with a kitchen.
If you have an issue Speak Up to staff, chances are they will handle that issue for you.
If you’re easily awaken you might want a room on the front side as the highway traffic can be heard during the night.
Great Staff, willing to help you.

For the ESA Corporate Offices:
An Ice Machine in the Laundry Room where Access Is Limited would be wonderful.

Also I have given this Idea to Shaima already but REDBOX also in the Laundry Room Would be even Better!

More TV Stations, Less ESPN’s, More Kid Friendly Stations.

More Direct Contact with Corporate.

Update/Grade the Washing Machines and Dryers for the price of $2 for Wash and $2 for Dry its worth taking laundry to a Laundromat.

Thank you Comments Are Always Welcome.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review. I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the updates to the hotel and rooms.

As you also mentioned, we are excited to be able to have the added value of a Grab and Go breakfast in January and hope that you enjoy that as well.