“Forget the rest and stay at the best.....”

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd.
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
“Forget the rest and stay at the best.....”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

In the middle of relocating went through a hotels.com book and found a coupon.
When we arrived it was an easy, pleasant check in with nice friendly people.
The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable.
Had laundry rooms and other amenities.
At checkout we felt like staying another night. We are on a fixed budget so we did not stay.

Scincerely,

Karry Karpe

• Stayed October 2012
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that enjoyed your stay at my hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
West Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I truly have, and am currently enjoying my time at the hotel due to the friendly and diligent staff, location and many attractions that facilitated the overall experience to rise above and beyond my initial expectations. Great value for the Quality you Receive.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank GinniW
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you find my staff friendly and diligent. With plenty of nearby attractions I am certain you will find the rest of your stay to be just as pleasant. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. Enjoy the rest of your stay with us!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel has been going through some recent upgrades, The buildings have been painting with the New color scheme, New flat panel 32” TV’s, New Beds (Upgraded) & finally new lamp shades (needed but not much to speak about), This hotel is design for longer stays.

Breakfast:
They do not offer breakfast at this location. (New Commercials advise they will)

Rooms:
Basic with a kitchen, stove top, cabinets and full size refrigerator, A dinning table, A work desk/table with a lamp and a telephone with free local calls.

TV / Channels:
New 32” TV, Same basic channel line up.

WiFi:
A recent new change is they now offer free WiFi before they would charge a service fee that has been removed and replaced with basic WiFi (NOT HI SPEED) for free and faster speeds for a price (3G’s for $30) . I am more concern with Bandwidth or lack there of. I have great signal but very low bandwidth so downloading a simple news report that’s 45seconds of video generally take minutes.

Laundry Room with Vending Machines:
Last time I checked $2 for wash and $2 for drying.

Hotel Staff:
Manager Shaima seems to be on point with handling her property, what issues come about she deals with in a professional manner. With this a long term hotel some guess have some issues that may not occur at other hotels.

General Staff:
Also appears to do what is possible to assist you in your needs. They also appear to be in great communication with there Manager.

House Keeping Staff:
It seems all of them do a great job cleaning the rooms. Yet never seem to touch your items to do so!

Hotel Grounds:
Located next to US 50 highway and to a Mc Donald’s and a Shell. Hotel has grounds cleaned daily and trashed removed twice. (things you notice)

Parking:
Plenty for cars, small trucks and SUV’s Not designed for RV’s Semi’s etc.

Landscaping:
Could use a wee bet more effort in the areas of cutting/trimming of bushes that seem to grow faster then being cut, (this concerns you when your trying to park and the bush takes over the parking space or trying to walk and the bushes have grown up and are in your way of walking.)

Even though this is a nice hotel if you are expecting a Marriot and yet you’re not willing to pay for a Marriot please do not think your getting something for nothing. This hotel is what it is and some review writers state and imply that they expect more and yet the cost for this hotel is generally less then $60 per night. The Marriot’s of the hotels are charging over $100 per night much more during the week so please think about what your paying verse what you expect.

What You Really Need To Know:
No Pool
No Ice Machine
No Breakfast
Average or just shi of average WiFi
Average Rooms but with a kitchen
If you have an issue Speak Up to staff, chances are they will handle that issue for you.
If you’re easily awaken you might want a room on the front side as the highway traffic can be heard during the night.
Great Staff, willing to help you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank David T S
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - White Rock Rd., responded to this review, August 17, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a review about your stay at out hotel. It was rewarding to read that the staff and our management team were able to accommodate you during your time with us. Still, it was disheartening to read your comments about the internet and room furnishings. I apologize if we did not communicate our offerings appropriately during check-in; it will be something I work on with the staff so we can better improve our processes, ensuring this is not an issue moving forward.

I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future and let us show you our redoubled efforts. Thank you again for your feedback.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I was a travel nurse back in 2008 & stayed here for 6 months. Room was reasonable & we did our own laundry saving us housekeeping fees. We paid $1200/month & after 30 days there were no taxes. Conveniently located to lots of things to do. We stayed here again in January 2011 when we were house hunting in this area. If we encountered any problems, management took care of things right away. Stonebrook Restaurant was opened then & we ate dinner there often. The calendar only goes back to March 2011, but we were there before then. There is also no swimming pool on the premises.

Room Tip: Take a room on first floor if you are a biker, so you can park your motorcycle in front of your room...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank RuthiRN
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Went here for a week to visit my grandpa in California. We stayed here 4 days in all went out of town for two days to yosemite park. Great location, A little creepy at night we had our room facing the back of the hotel. I prefer the front. Enough room for me & my husband. Nice tv decent bed. Had a refrigerator, stove top, plates. That was very nice. My only complaint was there's no complimentary breakfast and the lady down stairs told me my card didn't go through and she swiped it again. I looked on my bank account on my phone the next day I was charged twice very upset about that!! Luckily my bank in texas got it fixed within a day thank god! :) Other than that good stay might stay here again..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Pacific Grove, CA
Reviewed May 30, 2011

When I was planning my retirement in August 2010, I decided I could afford to stay here for a year or so by taking advantage of their Monthly Rates. At the time, $700 + $40/month for Housekeeping once a week. Rates have been raised multiple times. and the June rate will be $780 + $40. I have complained twice to Corporate, and never received a response.; This is a very basic hotel in a non tourist area, and my observations have been that occupancy is low. Having been in the business, I can't imagine why the room rates are as high as they are. Noting special, not even a pool. Rooms are adequate for my needs, but rate increases every few months are unacceptable.
This review might not apply to most visitors, though I can't see why you would be4 treated any better. Look around, there must be a better place to stay.

Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank PGChef
Gold River, California
Reviewed June 14, 2010

This hotel is run by people from the Ghetto! They ruin what could have otherwise (COULD have) been a decent hotel.
They seem to fight with all of the clients in the morning to get them OUT of their hotel as quickly as possible. I have never seen nor heard such behavior from a hotel staff before. It comes across as very "low life".
I heard them carrying-on with my neighbors and they did it to me also when it came time to check out. They threatened to charge me another day's fee if I didn't disappear within 30 minutes of their notice......WIERD!!!! I've been to plenty hotels too. None like this one!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business