“Under construction, thankfully”

Hampton Inn Sacramento/Rancho Cordova
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I am a hilton loyalist and even when I am in a marriott dominated area I still try to seek out a Hilton brand hotel. I have come to appreciate some of the Hilton consistencies which made this trip very disappointing. In fact, I checked in and checked right back out after spending an hour in the room. The room was damp, the carpet was beyond filthy and the amount of hair on the back of the mattress was not what I have come to expect from this chain. The staff was amazingly nice and did their best to try and make me comfortable enough to stay there unfortunately, it was just not enough. Thankfully they are renovating the lobby and breakfast area, I can only hope they move on to the guest rooms next!

1  Thank Annmarie T
Liliana M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sacramento/Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Annmarie,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you try to choose Hilton properties during your trips to our area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Kind Regards,
Liliana Mejia
916.648.4800

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Sacramento/Rancho Cordova

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I came to Sacramento to pick up my daughter from school. I was looking for a nearby, convenient location, not too far from school. This place Hampton Inn Rancho Cordova was just right. Not only that, it was Clean, nice amenities, the staff was very helpful and cordial. I don't have a thing to complain about.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed at this location twice in the month of May. The first time was very pleasant, room on first floor, near side parking lot / exit, and room was very clean and comfortable. So I booked another room for a second business trip. On the second stay, I was on the third floor, immediately next to the elevator. The duvet on one bed had a coffee stain on it, but there was a post-it on the headboard saying it had been freshly cleaned for my arrival. I appreciated the irony, but I only needed one bed - so I picked the other. Late Saturday night, I reported some noise issues to the front desk, and while that did not stop the noise from the patio below, the clerk was helpful and made a credit on my account for the sleepless night. The staff has been very friendly on both stays, but the cleaning and sound dampening could be better.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor, end of the hall way.
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Friendly staff, clean and quiet rooms with comfortable beds!Our stay was for business, but will definitely stay here when we return for vacation. Its location between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe is perfect.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

This hotel is located near highway 50. Lots of hotel choices in the area but we chose Hampton for its price and reputation.

Room:
The room is normal size but a bit too small to my liking. Our room has a king size bed, a flat screen TV, a single couch, a small working desk. Plenty of wall plugs for charging phones. No refrigerator or microwave but the front desk will happily store your drinks/food in their refrigerator for you. There is a coffee maker in the room but they also serve coffee all day long by the reception too.

Toiletries include face soap, bath soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, Q-tip, mouth rinse. There is an ice bucket and a hair dryer too.

There is an indoor heated swimming pool approx 4-5 feet. Good for relaxation.

Service/ Safety:
Front desk service was superb! Ample of parking space that are well-lit. The area is very safe - we even walked to the restaurant after 8:30pm - 10:30pm at night and there is no problem.

Breakfast:
Standard hot breakfast is included - fruits, cereal, yogurt, eggs, muffins, juice etc. Plenty of choices. The only thing I dislike is the coffee. It seems a bit too diluted compared to other Hampton Inn that I have stayed before.

Restaurant:
There is a restaurant called the Lodge (casino) within short walking distance. If you are willing to walk for 10 mins, there are plenty of choices in the area. While staying here, we dine at Persian Fine Cruisine and Habit Burger & Grill. Love both places!

Our 2 nights here and are overall satisfied! Hotel itself: 4 stars. Excellent front desk staff makes it 5 stars.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The staff was pleasant enough and the location was great (sufficient places to eat, etc) - But this location needs a major renovation! Rooms were old, appeared to be unclean - just not a pleasant stay. Will not likely stay at this location again.

Donna,

We appreciate your feedback and regret that our hotel decor did not meet your expectations. We're always looking for guest comments to help provide us with insight on what they would like to see offered and welcome any additional suggestions you have. We hope we'll have another opportunity to serve you, should your travels bring you back to our area. Please come back and experience our positive changes and upgredes to our hotel being completed this summer.

Kind regards,
Liliana Mejia

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Comfortable bed, fairly quiet room, good breakfast, slow WI FI connection. In an effort to fill up my 200 characters, I'm now going to write some giberish. Here goes - flim flam ala kazam, hoo doo who knew, ping pong bang the gong, zing zang drink your Tang.