Complement first: Front desk clerk Andre was very accomodating
during my stay.
Now the bad news: I checked out of this hotel after only about a week and a half of this planned 2-month stay for several reasons:
1. Most importantly, as a woman travelling alone, I did not feel safe there. There was a disabled/abandoned car in the back parking lot. The morning after I checked in, my coworker who had stayed there last fall, told me that she had seen the homeless person who lives in that car several times. She was also aggressively panhandled in the back parking lot. She also checked out because of feeling unsafe. I talked to Andre about the problem and he wrote it down in a book that clearly nobody reads or acts upon. I asked if there was hotel security, and he didn't have much of an answer - only that the doors are locked late at night. Nobody ever followed up with me about it. 10 days later, the dead car was still in the back parking lot. Also, when I returned to my room on the 23rd, the door was not latched closed, probably by housekeeping. Anybody could have walked in and wiped out my room's contents, and of course, the hotel takes no responsibility for thefts. I told Andre about this problem as well.
2. When I checked in, every GFI in the kitchen and vanity was tripped so nothing worked when I tried to use those outlets. The microwave turntable did not turn. Maintenance was able to replace the microwave the next day -- my one successful request for help.
3. My fireplace was non-functioning. Repeated requests for maintenance went undone.
4. Lack of drawers in the vanity, only cabinets without shelves. I had to keep all my cosmetics and makeup on the counter top to get dusty and rearranged by the housekeeper almost every day. Not very convenient.
5. I had to play hide and seek with the trash cans every day. Despite repeated requests to have housekeeping leave them where I put them, they were hidden every day.
6. Lack of HBO on the TV. Showtime is an unacceptable substitute.
7. Lack of replacement of laundry bags and dry cleaning slips when they were used up.
8. High cost of using self-service washer and dryer - I typically stay in Res Inns 150 - 250 nights a year and the only time I've payed $1.50 per load is when soap was included with the washer.
To summarize, this hotel was unacceptable as a place to stay long term.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Rancho Cordova hotel offers a convenient location in the Sacramento area and modern amenities. The hotel is located off of the Lincoln Highway and a short commute to nearby attractions including Folsom Lake, SMF Airport, Golden1 Center and American River rafting. Our extended stay hotel is also pet friendly and minutes from local businesses NEC Corporation, VSP Global, Murieta Equestrian Center and Sutter Health. Maintain your day to day routine when you stay with us by enjoying our amenities including: free Wi-Fi, free daily breakfast, The Residence Inn Mix on Monday-Wednesday evenings, fitness center, indoor pool and laundry room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Rancho Cordova
- Rancho Cordova Residence Inn