“Definitely not the best Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Philadelphia, PA
“Definitely not the best Residence Inn”
Reviewed July 14, 2005

Definitely below par as far as Residence Inn's go. Rooms are on the smaller side and look a bit worn but not horrible. Breakfast was absolutely terrible though-- there was no hot food on the line any of the three days I was there as all the bins were empty. At no time did I see them filled in the 15 minutes each day I was in the lounge eating. Two of the days there were no plates until someone asked nor were there napkins. By the third morning, I thought of going somewhere else for breakfast but toughed it out with a bowl of cereal (again) and an apple.

One thing to note: at check-in, someone coded my room key for a day earlier than I was staying so when I came back from work the second day and parked in the back in 110 degree heat, I couldn't get inside. I had to walk all the way around the building and get them to recode my key. No apology or anything, just took it, asked what room I was in and recoded it. I think the scariest part was that he didn't ask my name or anything, just recoded the key based on the room I said I was in.

Overall, I've stayed in worse places but won't be back at this property if I return to the area. The full service Marriott up on Sunrise Blvd is a nicer property so spring for that and I promise you'll be happier!

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank ski2dude

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed June 1, 2005

We stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend and were very happy. Fortunately, I booked it many weeks in advance as the Jazz Festival was that weekend and most hotels were booked up. This hotel was also booked to capacity but we did not notice any strain on the staff. It was a bit crowded at breakfast time as there were a few volleyball teams and little leaguers there.

What we liked was the price (only $80 a night and the breakfast alone is probably worth $40 for a family of four) and the location. We were right by the American River which allowed early morning fishing and also I could pop over to ride my bike along the beautiful trail.

Also, we were close to Folsom which has a fun, *old town* section with some nice restaurants.

Nice staff, quiet accommodations (you can hear some traffic noise from the freeway if you open your window for fresh air), two tvs in each room. A little worn (the fold out bed was had a broken spring), could use a little cleanup, but for the price, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed May 2005
1 Thank Barbara45
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 15, 2004

We decided to take a quick trip to Sacramento with the family and found the best hotel ever. We got a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen, two tv's, INDOOR POOL, jazzuzi, excellant breakfast and a very pleasant staff. The room had a sofa bed that my boys slept on and best of all there was a door dividing the queen bed from the sofa so we actully had our own room. They provided popcorn for the in-room microwave which the kids loved and we ordered pizza to the room so it was like a family slumber party for us. In the morning we decided to check out the breakfast and we were pleasantly surprised to find sausage, eggs, toast, bagels, cereal, juice, coffe, oatmeal, yogurt and even a make-your-own waffle station. Best of all the room was $79.99 which was the same price we found the other hotels in the area asking for but we got so much more for our money. We will stay time and time again whenever we stay in Sac.

• Stayed November 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2004

Clean nice suites. Maybe getting a little long in the tooth. I wouldn't want to stay on the side of the hotel that face the freeway - but our room was quiet. The pool is indoors and the breakfast was OK. I have stayed in a lot of these business orientated suite hotels and this was one was OK. I would probably stay here again.

1 Thank heymossy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 19, 2003

Everything was great. Almost better than being at home. We stayed in one of the two bedroom suites and it was perfect. The full kitchen was great. Would stay here again and again. For what we got it was really worth the price. No complaints at all. The free breakfast was good too, good variety. I will recommend this to all my friends.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member