“first impression is a lasting impression”

Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Rancho Cordova, California
“first impression is a lasting impression”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

We have all heard the phrase, the first impression is the last impression right? Here at the Marriott Rancho Cordova, it is more like the first impression is a lasting impression! From the time you check-in to check-out. It all starts with a friendly welcome from the Front Desk, and the friendliness continues with the entire staff. And I mean all staff, from the greeting from the Bell Service, Front Desk Staff, the restaurant staff, concierge lounge staff, house cleaning, maintenance, Starbucks, and all others.
The rooms are comfortable and clean! If there are any issues, I have only had 2 or 3 very minor over a six month time, they are attended to and corrected immediately! There are several other hotels in the area but it is the attention I receive as a person that keeps bringing me back.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Dear btravguy,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor and for the kind words about the staff here in the hotel. I'm both proud and lucky to work with this Team and will be sure to pass along your sentiments.

Safe travels,
Kent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Modesto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

Every area of service was excellent during my 2 day stay at the Marriott Sacramento. I was most impressed by the staff's attentiveness and wonderful customer service. Everyone I encountered, bellman, front desk, housekeeping, servers--all were gracious, happy to help and made us feel quite welcome. Our dinners at the restaurant were also excellent. The servers were friendly and professional and the food delicious--all created a memorable dining experiece. As business traveler I stay in many hotels. The Marriott Sacramento is truly one of the very best!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
Dear fmitchum,

We appreciate the kind words you have posted about the staff and your dining experience in Formaggio Restaurant during your recent visit. We are proud of our entire team at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova and it was a pleasure to serve you. Have a great Holiday Season and we look forward to you returning soon. Safe travels!

Regards,
Amsterdam, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2010

My motto for this hotel is "if you cannot or do not want to stay at home, stay at this Marriott property". The staff treats you in a warm and professional manner, they care for you as if you are family - that special treatment for visiting relatives but they do it in a very professional way that it makes you just want to keep coming back. I have been staying at this property for two years and will miss the staff and facilities, kudos to them - they know how to do it right.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
Dear Ms. Trombley,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. Your kind words about the staff here at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova will certainly be shared with them all. We're pleased to serve you in a way that feels like home. Business travel can be tiresome to say the least, especially for you "road warriors". Safe travels!

Regards,
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

Liked: huge room, all mod cons, very comfy bed, well laid out bathroom, efficient laundry service, reading my book by the pool, cooked-to-order omelette for breakfast, very handy for the office, Starbucks concession for quick breakfast option. Disliked: no restaurants nearby so car essential ( but guess it's America...), public areas last redecorated circa 1985 by the look of them, breakfast foods tucked away in dark slightly grubby looking corner of restaurant. Overall I enjoyed my stay and had nothing to complain about.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
Dear Ms. McCormick,

I appreciate you taking time to post comments about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We're pleased that you enjoyed your room comforts as well as other hotel amenities like the outdoor pool and Starbucks.
Your comments about the public space have been noted, and you will be pleased to know that we have already installed new lighting in the restaurant to help brighten the area of the breakfast buffet. Thank you and we look forward to serving you again. Safe travels!

Rocklin, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2010

I travel every week on bussiness and I had head that this hotel had great food and so I decided to stay one night. I was not greeted when I checked in and the young lady was very rude I asked to speak to a manager and was told she was the front desk manager. Once I walked into my room it smelled like cigarrette smoke and so I asked for another room. By this time I was very tired and hungry when my food arrived it was cold. When I checked out I just mentioned some of the problems I had. I was told sorry and then she acted like I was trying to get out of paying for the room. This place is a joke! Also I recommend hiring a more pleasant front desk manager. Please save your money!

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank TeenaWachtel
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Dear TeenaWachtel,
I appreciate you taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. Let me apologize for the service standards and room quality you experienced on your July visit to the hotel. Your experience is unacceptable and we certainly covet the opportunity to regain your confidence on a future visit. I would be most happy to discuss your issues personally, and how we might use them to improve our hotel. Please don't hesitate to call on me at any time.

South San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

Stayed here over Labor day weekend and the family enjoyed a great time there. Clean hotel with nice spacious rooms. Took our kid swimming in the good-size pool. There's even a nice hot tub (we jumped in there even though it was 90 degrees outside). Starbucks coffee was downstairs which was perfect for us coffee lovers. Plenty of parking spaces in the parking lot. Convenient location right off the freeway. Couple blocks from gas stations and fast food and some chinese buffet. Very easy to find. Close drive to downtown Sacramento. I'll stay up there everytime I go up to the State Capitol again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Dear paphi4life,

We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us over the Labor Day weekend and enjoyed the many amenities available to you beyond the spacious room. It is great to see that you took advantage of our central location to see the sights as well. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Safe travels!
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

I had done some researching over the internet as to where was the best place to stay in the Sacramento area for a little one night getaway out of town from Reno. I found the Marriott in Rancho Cordova, the reviews all were mostly positive and the hotel just looked pretty nice. Upon arrival, my family and myself walked up to the front desk, the staff there was very nice and welcoming. She kindly told us at about 4PM that housekeeping was backed up and no rooms were ready, but she did check us in without assigning us a room at that time, no problem. We go out and come back two hours later, another girl at the desk was also very friendly and placed in room 310, two queens non smoking just as I had reserved, no problems booking with Expedia, I did get a great rate.

When we got into the room, it was very spacious, clean, up to date with luxury bedding and nice LCD screen TV the view was of the pool, I noticed a party or something was getting ready to begin we didn't think anything of it UNTIL later on in the evening a band of drums started playing and it was very loud and annoying, we could hear everything, plus they had an announcer who spoke over a loudspeaker that was very clearly heard in our room. Due to this, we called the front desk who told us the drums would be playing for another two hours, well based on the fact we were never told about this going on, we were a little upset as the desk told other guests because they told us they handed out little notes telling guests of the event, I was frustrated we never got this memo otherwise I would have never taken the room. We asked to switch rooms, at first, the front desk was hesitant but after we asked for the manager over the phone the desk clerk's tone changed and suddenly there was another room ready on the same floor with two beds and non smoking. We moved into our new room and everything was fine but for this little fiasco I don't know if I will be returning to this hotel as I am disappointed by the level of service we received when we inquired about the loud noise and how they were hesitant to let us switch rooms. Other than that, the Marriott is a beautiful hotel I just don't think this happens very often so they really didn't know how to handle it.

• Stayed September 2010
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
Dear harrahs,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I apologize about the disappointment you experienced. Being the seasoned traveler you are, your perception about what happened to you is spot on. It was not a normal weekend mix of business for us and though we had a plan to execute, we failed in your case. Again, I'm sorry.

I'm glad your research brought you to us and you found our people friendly and the amenities to your liking. The 42" flatscreens and rooms with 2 queen beds are big favorites with many guests. I do hope you return to allow us to redeem ourselves, We do make mistakes but pride ourselves on how we recover and get better as a result. Thank you again for the valuable feedback.

Safe Travels!