“Horrible Customer Service and Dirty Room!”

Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I travel every week on bussiness and I had head that this hotel had great food and so I decided to stay one night. I was not greeted when I checked in and the young lady was very rude I asked to speak to a manager and was told she was the front desk manager. Once I walked into my room it smelled like cigarrette smoke and so I asked for another room. By this time I was very tired and hungry when my food arrived it was cold. When I checked out I just mentioned some of the problems I had. I was told sorry and then she acted like I was trying to get out of paying for the room. This place is a joke! Also I recommend hiring a more pleasant front desk manager. Please save your money!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TeenaWachtel
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

Dear TeenaWachtel,
I appreciate you taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. Let me apologize for the service standards and room quality you experienced on your July visit to the hotel. Your experience is unacceptable and we certainly covet the opportunity to regain your confidence on a future visit. I would be most happy to discuss your issues personally, and how we might use them to improve our hotel. Please don't hesitate to call on me at any time.

Kent Peterson

Reviewed October 20, 2010

Stayed here over Labor day weekend and the family enjoyed a great time there. Clean hotel with nice spacious rooms. Took our kid swimming in the good-size pool. There's even a nice hot tub (we jumped in there even though it was 90 degrees outside). Starbucks coffee was downstairs which was perfect for us coffee lovers. Plenty of parking spaces in the parking lot. Convenient location right off the freeway. Couple blocks from gas stations and fast food and some chinese buffet. Very easy to find. Close drive to downtown Sacramento. I'll stay up there everytime I go up to the State Capitol again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2010

Dear paphi4life,

We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us over the Labor Day weekend and enjoyed the many amenities available to you beyond the spacious room. It is great to see that you took advantage of our central location to see the sights as well. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Safe travels!

Reviewed September 25, 2010

I had done some researching over the internet as to where was the best place to stay in the Sacramento area for a little one night getaway out of town from Reno. I found the Marriott in Rancho Cordova, the reviews all were mostly positive and the hotel just looked pretty nice. Upon arrival, my family and myself walked up to the front desk, the staff there was very nice and welcoming. She kindly told us at about 4PM that housekeeping was backed up and no rooms were ready, but she did check us in without assigning us a room at that time, no problem. We go out and come back two hours later, another girl at the desk was also very friendly and placed in room 310, two queens non smoking just as I had reserved, no problems booking with Expedia, I did get a great rate.

When we got into the room, it was very spacious, clean, up to date with luxury bedding and nice LCD screen TV the view was of the pool, I noticed a party or something was getting ready to begin we didn't think anything of it UNTIL later on in the evening a band of drums started playing and it was very loud and annoying, we could hear everything, plus they had an announcer who spoke over a loudspeaker that was very clearly heard in our room. Due to this, we called the front desk who told us the drums would be playing for another two hours, well based on the fact we were never told about this going on, we were a little upset as the desk told other guests because they told us they handed out little notes telling guests of the event, I was frustrated we never got this memo otherwise I would have never taken the room. We asked to switch rooms, at first, the front desk was hesitant but after we asked for the manager over the phone the desk clerk's tone changed and suddenly there was another room ready on the same floor with two beds and non smoking. We moved into our new room and everything was fine but for this little fiasco I don't know if I will be returning to this hotel as I am disappointed by the level of service we received when we inquired about the loud noise and how they were hesitant to let us switch rooms. Other than that, the Marriott is a beautiful hotel I just don't think this happens very often so they really didn't know how to handle it.

• Stayed: September 2010
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2010

Dear harrahs,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I apologize about the disappointment you experienced. Being the seasoned traveler you are, your perception about what happened to you is spot on. It was not a normal weekend mix of business for us and though we had a plan to execute, we failed in your case. Again, I'm sorry.

I'm glad your research brought you to us and you found our people friendly and the amenities to your liking. The 42" flatscreens and rooms with 2 queen beds are big favorites with many guests. I do hope you return to allow us to redeem ourselves, We do make mistakes but pride ourselves on how we recover and get better as a result. Thank you again for the valuable feedback.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed September 17, 2010

Last weekend I needed a hotel for one night to accommodate my sister, her best friend and myself the night before my sister's wedding. I didn't book until 2 days before the wedding so I didn't expect to find anything nice or reasonably priced. I found the Marriott in Rancho Cordova, great location, and it had a Starbucks in the lobby! The room was clean, the staff was friendly, and the beds were SO comfortable. Around 11:00 pm my sister's friend realized she lost her ring so she called the front desk. The maintenance man came up with a smile on his face to take apart the sink to make sure it didn't fall down the drain. He didn't find the ring in there but didn't mind looking. He also said when we check out he would have the room searched floor to ceiling and make sure we find the ring. We ended up finding the ring on our own but the fact that they eased my friend's nerves by looking with us was absolutely above and beyond what a hotel staff is required to do. Loved everything about this hotel, 100% recommend it to ANYONE needing a night away in a relaxing hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

Dear ccisrael,
Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor! I'm pleased that you, your sister and friend were able to relax here and enjoy the comfy beds and Starbucks. We're also glad to see the "case of the missing ring" solved and that our engineer was able to assist. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Safe travels!

Reviewed September 13, 2010

The overall experience of our association members were way above expectations. We note that during our stay, the hotel was full and busy with numerous activities within and out of the property. The entire staff were courteous and very, very helpful.
The rooms were spacious and clean. Housekeeping staff go out of their way to make the stay a notch or two higher. Parking was complimentary and plentiful. The location is centralized for the various sight seeing destinations in northern California.
Our association was directly involved with Kristin Goble, Sharon Morris, Alina Hussain and Melinda Bragg in the planning and culmination of our event. All of them performed admirably and they immensely contribute to the success of Marriott Rancho Cordova.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

Dear Lakayboy,
Your posting on TripAdvisor is greatly appreciated. We're pleased your Association used our hotel as headquarters for all your No. Cal activities. Your kind comments about Housekeeping and the fine staff in Sales and Reservations will certainly be shared with them. The entire staff at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova looks forward to serving you again soon.
Safe travels,

Reviewed September 6, 2010

Our company recently held a weekend long function at the property involving about 300 people. Every member of the staff without exception were extremely friendly and accommodating and showed a very high level of pride and dedication to the property and their guests at all times. The food at our banquet was outstanding, and showed an exemplary attention to every aspect of the meal that is rarely seen in a function of this size. The service was attentive and efficient without being intrusive at all. The professionalism and overall class that we experienced at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova is easily on par with properties in the largest metropolitan cities and the finest resorts with which we have experienced similar functions in the past. I would highly recommend the property as a real gem in the greater Sacramento area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2010

Dear Seanbuj,
Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor! We were pleased to serve you and your associates for the event held here. You taking the time to recognize the staff for their "extraordinary" service means alot to them. The culinary team is also proud of their food presentation and quality and I will be sure to pass on your gracious comments. We hope to see you again next year! Safe travels,

Reviewed August 28, 2010

It just seems like the Hotel Staff is very hospitable and pays extra attention and care to detail. My nightly turn-down service from Emelia was really great (left extra towels and the chocolate was a nice touch) and Joan in the Concierge Lounge manages to keep the food coming at all hours of the evening. She a great host and makes you feel at home.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I will be certain to pass on your kind words to both Emelia and Joan. They are two big reasons why we enjoy excellent service scores from our guests. The Concierge Lounge is a great retreat for guests to relax and enjoy great company, food and drinks. I'm happy you were able to do so.
Best Regards,