“I've stayed here a lot (50+ nights so...”

Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I've stayed here a lot (50+ nights so far this year). Compared to other Marriotts the interior is nicer than average, and the outdoor pool area is very nice, but the location isn't in the nicest of neighborhoods. That said it's only about a half mile of running before you get to a nicer neighborhood and can pick up some really nice running trails from there. Overall I can't complain too much about the location though since we choose it in order to be closer to work. What really sets this Marriott apart is the people and the social events they host where you can relax and if you are lucky meet some of their staff who go out of their way to make you feel at home. In particular both Megan and Kevin, who have hosted the free wine nights on Wednesdays, have proved to be great hosts and genuinely seem to care about and remember you when you return each week. Unfortunately I've heard that they will be ending the wine nights after this month which is a shame. While these events are common place at some of Marriott's other brands such as Residence Inn, I hadn't seen it before at too many Marriotts or JWs and really hoped that it was catching on with their upper level brands. As a regular at this hotel I will really miss it, and truly wish they would consider keeping it around.

• Stayed: August 2010
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2010

Dear Rob3294,
Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and people and your kind words for Megan and Kevin! I'm glad you were able to negotiate through the business end of Rancho to more scenic running trails. You'll also be happy to know that the "wine tasting" will continue but in a different format. Seven night a week (not just Wednesdays) you will be able to taste wines directly from your server in Formaggio Restaurant. That way the servers can assist you pair wines with your meal.
We are always pleased to serve you when your travels bring you to the Sacramento area!
Best Regards, and safe travels!

Reviewed August 24, 2010

On behalf of the entire Luther Burbank 25 Year Reunion Committee, we would like to give you a BIG THANKS for all of your help with making our 25 Year High School Reunion such a success! The setup crew was great, the catering staff was awesome and the food was delicious! The Chocolate Fountain was a big hit! ! We heard nothing but great compliments from all of the attendees. Everyone had a wonderful time!

So thanks to you and all the staff at the Marriott for helping us to make wonderful memories! (and thanks for making sure that every little detail was taken care of!). This is a night that we will never forget!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2010

Dear Ms. Ellis,

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, food and amenities you experienced during your reunion at the Sacarmento Marriott Rancho Cordova. The chocolate fountain nevers fails to be a hit! We were pleased to serve you and your classmates and look forward to the 30th!

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2010

The staff was extremely friendly and not the fake friendly "I'm just being nice because its my job" friendly but the genuine nice people friendly. The room was beautiful and comfortable. When I made my online reservations I requested a few extra items and when I arrived in the room the item were already there. The food at our event was delicious as was breakfast the next morning. I greatly enjoyed my stay and highly recommend it this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear kdgn,

I'm pleased to hear of your positive experience while staying at our hotel. We pride ourselves with great accomodations and food, but the friendly people you encountered here are the best I've seen in my 30+ years in the hotel business. I thank you for taking the time to recognize them on Tripadvisor!

Safe travels,

Reviewed August 12, 2010

Our meeting facilities at the Marriott this past week were excellent, as always. From our preinspection of the room to our ending notes, everything was perfect! Our morning refreshments were nicely displayed in multi-tiered service trays in addition to the tastefully arranged coffee/tea service. Afternoon treats were fresh baked peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies which, our compliments to the chef, always completely disappear within our 10 min break, with people asking for more!
I ate at the restaurant for lunch, and our entire party remarked how good their food was; I had the club sandwich which, based on their Express Menu, is both delicious and a great deal. Others had the chicken Caesar Salad, grilled chicken sandwich, and salmon salad, which is a favorite of many! This was my first dining experience on the patio, which I throughly enjoyed with the sound of the waterfalls by the pool adding a calm, relaxing background. The wait staff were all pleasant and professional in both their dress and manners.
A few kudos to some people who always make our business meetings there run smoothly and much more enjoyable. The Assistant Banquet Manager, Richard, is always checking on us, and I throughly appreciate his concern and caring attitude. Ron, our Audio Visual person, is always sunny, polite, and willing to help us with anything! And finally, my Sales Manager is always delightful. Teng makes everything happen without a glitch and her professionalism, caring attitude, and hard work are to be commended!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2010

Dear IvoriSalmon,

Your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor gives me reason to be proud to work here. The commendations you gave for the meeting facilities, the Chef's food, the service in Formaggio Restaurant and on the Patio, along with Ron, Richard and Teng are great examples of the teamwork we have at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova. I will be sure to pass on your accolades to our associates. Thank you so much, and come visit us again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2010

I travel extensively for work and pleasure. The Marriott hotels are usually my first preference. The Marriott Rancho Cordova is at the top of my list. The hotel speaks of service! From the time you enter the front door until the end of your stay, the staff is nothing but superb. Everyone is so helpful and pleasant.

The facilities are always immaculate and the rooms are large and comfortable. I appreciate the way the hotel is kept in tip top condition. The restaurant is very good and at a moderate price.

Of the Marriott hotels, all brands, Rancho Cordova rates at the top with me.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Kirchner,
Thank you for taking the time to recognize the service and facilities here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate that you have choices, and we are always pleased to serve you when you visit the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova while on business.
Safe travels and our best!

Reviewed August 4, 2010

Glad we stayed here. Service was great. Room spacious. Restaurant was good and outstanding service.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

We were pleased to serve NHfamilytravels and glad that you found our facilities and service to be "outstanding". Come back soon, and safe travels! Kent

Reviewed August 2, 2010

This hotel is the best choice in the area for business or leisure. My recent stay included two nights for each, and I can’t say enough great things about this location or the staff. My telephone conversation with Olivia the day prior to arrival gave me the feeling that she truly cared about my upcoming experience. She greeted me with enthusiasm and a smile upon arrival, and she continued to validate her sincerity for the duration of my stay.

A short drive from downtown Sacramento (10 minutes), this hotel was the perfect location for business travels. They offer comfortable accommodations, a meticulously maintained facility, and all of the right features to make business travel easy. The gym features new equipment, there’s a Starbucks onsite, the business center is well-equipped, and the restaurant is very good. The rooms are spacious, the high-speed internet was quick and reliable, and the concierge lounge is among the best.

This hotel is also ideal for leisure, as it’s conveniently located to the surrounding wine country. A short drive down Sunrise will take you to a highway that winds through the Sierra foothills and delivers you into the blissful heaven that is Amador County. There are so many wineries, small markets, and restaurants to explore. The Rancho Cordova Marriott offered the perfect place to rest between days of exploration.

Thank you Olivia and the entire staff at the Rancho Cordova Marriott…we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2010

Dear Winopanda,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova. Your kind comments for Olivia have already been shared with her and she is indeed one of the best! I'm pleased that we can not only serve you for your business needs, but leisure as well. The Sierra Foothills are a well kept secret that is gaining momentum for day trips out of Sacramento, and our location puts us only 40 minutes to the nearest vineyard.

We look forward to serving you again soon! Thanks again.

Safe travels,