“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Columbus, Ohio
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Nice and relaxing pool area. Great gorgonzola stuffed meatballs and bruschetta in the restaurant. Room was alright - mattress really needed replaced. It was nice to have a Starbucks on property. Close to train stop.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank BiltmoreGirl
Marco F, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Biltmore Girl

Thank you for making time to review our hotel. As you mentioned we are close to public transportation that can take you essentially anywhere in Sacramento. I was happy to share your comments with the culinary team. They take a tremendous amount of pride in their work. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I'm a Marriott Platinum Elite member, which means I stay at Marriott hotels at least 75 nights a year. This hotel is by far one of the worst Marriott hotels I've visited this year. The rooms are dated, the bathrooms have mold on the ceilings, the concierge lounge food looked days old and the wine selection is horrible given the proximity to Napa and Sonoma. The only positive is the staff - they were very friendly!

Room Tip: Must be on a top floor - 10 or 11
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
2 Thank cedwardski
Marco F, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Cedwardski,

Thank you for making the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the cleanliness that you experienced in your guest room. Guestroom cleanliness is a top priority in our hotel and I can assure you that your feedback will be reviewed with the housekeeping team to ensure this doesn’t happen to our future guests. While our rooms are a bit dated we are expecting a renovation in the not so distant future. Finally, Thank you for recognizing the most valuable asset this hotel has, its staff, whom takes tremendous pride in providing our guest with a warm, friendly environment.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We live in Reno and frequently visit Sacramento for short trips (shopping, sports tournaments). We have been consistently disappointed with the room quality and price of hotels. So for this trip we decided to travel a little out of the way and stay in Rancho Cordova. This hotel is approximately 15 minutes from Arden Fair and 15-20 minutes from Roseville. It was completely worth it! This is the best hotel we have stayed at (including a few fancy ones downtown), and the cheapest as well. We paid $85+tax for a Saturday night (AAA rate) with two queen beds. Everyone at the hotel was exceptionally friendly and efficient. I requested a high floor, quiet room when making my reservations and it was done without a reminder upon check-in. We were placed on the eighth floor away from the freeway. Beds and pillows were super comfortable. The rooms are pretty standard looking, but everything was very clean and well kept. There is a Starbucks downstairs for a quick bite on the way out. My only complaint would be you can hear doors closing in the hallway from inside the room, but this is a problem at most hotels. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank teelips
Dear teelips,

Thank you for making the time to review our hotel. We too think that our hotel presents an excellent value for the variety of amenities at your disposal while your staying with us. We like to look at our location as being central to all Sacramento has to offer. Drivable to downtown, and closest to the variety of outdoor activities such as rafting, lake Folsom, aquatic center on lake Natomas, even panning for gold here in the gold country. Not to mention were not too far from Lake Tahoe. Thank you for staying with us as we hope to see you again soon.

Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed here and were very happy with the amenities, awesome restaurant as well as the room service.Food was A++, Great Staff, plenty to see within a short distance. Nice pool and indoor services would be a great place to stay on business. Lot's of local places to eat in the area for the foodies.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brad M
Dear Brad M,

Thank you for making time to experience many aspects of our hotel. Our Urban Oasis pool area is a great way to spend an afternoon and our pool side service make going to the pool even more fun. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I checked into the Marriott Rancho Cordova at 10:00 p.m. after not being able to sleep at the hotel across the street. This hotel was super quiet and I could not hear any of the freeway noise below, thanks to the super-thick windows. Also, the walls were very thick and I could not hear any noise from the adjoining rooms. This made my stay very pleasant and I was able to sleep very soundly. The front desk was kind enough to book me on the top 11th floor and it was especially quiet up there. The view from the top was spectacular; I could see the whole city. This hotel is very beautiful and I felt like I was staying in a 5-star hotel. I loved every minute of it and will definitely stay here again next time I visit Sacramento. Highly recommend to all. Thank you so much. By the way, it cost less than some of the major motels; very good price!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the top floor. It is the 11th floor, called the "concierge" suites.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LuckyCharm A
Dear LuckyCharmA,

We Agree! Thank you for the fantastic review. Were very happy to hear that you not only found value in our hotel but received an experience that we always seek to provide. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for staying with us.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Horrible bed, horrible service , towels smelled of mildew ...I can't even believe this was a Marriott hotel . It is absolutely NOT on par with other Marriotts I've stayed at the bed in room 610 is like sleeping on a rock. I woke up several times with sore spots on my shoulders and elbows ... WTH.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 2 of 5 stars
Marco F, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Sheryl315.

My sincerest apologies regarding your rest at our hotel. I can assure you that we will inspect room 610 and make any necessary improvements to prevent this from happening to any future guest. Thank you for your feedback as it’s how we improve our product and experience for our guests.

Marco FIlice
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a great hotel, the staff is first class, service awesome, rooms fantastic great amenities like a Starbucks and well-designed swimming pool and facilities i used this hotel for business when i am in town

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Marco F, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear DD19351

I always say that this hotels most valuable asset is its team members. Thank you for the kind words, it always make us feel special when customer recognize our efforts. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you back again soon.

Warm Regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cordova
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn
Hyatt Place Sacramento/Rancho Cordova
Residence Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova
Hampton Inn Sacramento/Rancho Cordova
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova Sacramento
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rancho Co...
#10 of 17 in Rancho Cordova
3.5 of 5 stars 219 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova

Been to Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!