“Just as I Suspected”

Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stay in hotels somewhere around 180 nights a year, so I see all kinds of hotels. I am platinum elite with Marriott, so I know what to expect from each hotel brand. To be honest this hotel is exactly what I would expect. Great rooms with great beds. Top of the line service from excellent and friendly staff members! The concierge lounge was terrific with good food and fantastic service! The exercise room, though not the best I've ever seen is certainly above average. The restaurant and bar on site has excellent food and good place to catch a game. My team and I don't get to stay in full service Marriotts very often and it didn't look like we would this time, but one call to the manger and we were in. Thanks David! Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, business or pleasure!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 7, 2013

It’s a very nice hotel and at a perfect location. The staffs has always been friendly and are the reason it gets a 5 from me, they are very responsive and friendly. King rooms are quiet, laid out nicely. Gorgeous patio restaurant and the Starbucks coffee bar is very convenient.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I am with a business group and we all agree we have never experienced such dismal service at other Marriotts as Platinum members. First of all, only 1 out of 6 of us was accomodated on the concierge floor. The evening concierge lounge sells drinks at a higher price than the bar, the food seems to never be refreshed because the hostess hides behind a bar - it feels like buying a ticket at Amtrak. to interact with her, but Amtrak agents are more animated and don't come across as bored with every interaction. Not friendly and no management floating the room amd smoozing like other Marriotts, or calling for replenishments. Rooms are OK, but even as a Platuinum you can't have a refrig and are placed over the very noisy freeway,

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
David B, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Hula54.

Thank you for making the time to share your experience. I am disappointed to learn of your experience, especially in our concierge lounge. I assure you the experience that you had will assist us in reviewing our processes and how our best guests perceive our services. It is our goal to make our Platinum Members feel as comfortable as possible during their time with us and on this occasion we unfortunately did not live up to our promise. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to see us in a better light.

Warm Regards

Marco Filice

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very nice hotel - clean and plush compared to the alternatives in the area. Had the usual Marriott touches (quiet rooms, nice heating and AC system, great beds, and the usual amenities you would expect from a Marriott.) This hotel had a specially nice restaurant and the Starbucks was a good additional benefit. I'd definitely stay there again for my business travel to the East Sacramento area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
David B, Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Rancho Cordova/Sacramento Area. Enjoy the Holidays.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

When I checked in and walked into my room, everything was incredibly low to the ground, including the bed, sink, tub, chairs, etc, and there was a phone on the wall next to the toilet... all signs pointing to a handicapped accessible room. I asked to be moved to a different room that was not handicapped accessible, and they moved me to the exact same style room. I called them again, and apparently all of their rooms are like this. Low to the ground, very old, and CREEPY. I could also hear the people in the room next to me coughing- the walls are paper thin. Horrible experience. I would never, ever stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
David B, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

My sincerest apologizes for your unfortunate experience here at the Marriott Sacramento Rancho Cordova. Concerning your room we are known for the quality and comfort of our beds and take pride in the cleanliness of our accommodations, I am so sorry the room aesthetics were not to your liking and will certainly take your suggestions to heart during our next renovation. Thank you for the feedback as this is how we improve.

Warmest Regards

Marco Filice
General Manager.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I Stayed here for business and as always - Marriott delivered on its promise and gave me a clean quiet room where everything was ship shape. Our meeting expectations were met and all went as expected. So , business travelers have no fear about staying here. I am not sure that tourists couldn't find a bit better location but didn't really have time to assess it

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights for business (Sun-Fri).
-This hotel is not in or near Sacramento- my business is near downtown and with traffic it takes me at least 40 minutes to drive EACH WAY into the downtown area. Consider that when booking here.
-Location: middle of nowhere, industrial park. My "view" from the 9th floor is of the tops of warehouses. Can't see the mountains due to smog.
-Hotel is incredibly dated- I feel like I stepped into the Golden Girl's house circa 1996- wicker furniture, pastels, hideous artwork, the most schizophrenic decor I have ever seen in a hotel room and dirty/fraying carpets, walls, ceilings and bathroom. Place needs new carpet, new paint, new drapes, and on.
-Internet is very slow. Expect to pay $13 per day if you are not Marriott Gold+
-Checked in on Sunday night when there were about 5 cars in the parking lot. Asked to be upgraded to the concierge floor as I am a Gold member. Was told that the floor was "sold out" for one night of my stay. Unless every car in the parking lot (max 20 on the busiest night)=person staying on the concierge floors, I don't believe they were fully booked.
-Was put on the "business" floor- could hear my neighbor through the wall with a hacking cough (I could hear this woman clearing PHLEGM from her cough) every night the whole week. Also heard her hair dryer at midnight; what kind of walls are these? THank god she wasn't getting busy- that would have been the last straw.
-Food was sub-par in "Formaggio"
-Went all the way up to my room after work to put my stuff down, went back down to the bar and ordered a glass of wine and the 70 yo bartender refused to serve me without an ID. I am 35 and look maybe 33, nowhere near 21. I went back up to my room and ordered the same glass of wine from room service and was not IDd. What a pain.

Normally I don't write reviews but I think it's outrageous that I paid $200 per night (170+tax) to stay in a full service Marriott that is nowehere near downtown Sacramento, good restaurants or any desirable part of town and that looks like a cheap hotel from 1995. Take your $200 and stay elsewhere (the Hyatt downtown is beautiful).

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a concierge room but what's the point? They probably won't give y...