“Full service hotel; nightly rate high but as expected; nice rooms”

Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Room: Very nice
Multi-story hotel with elevators
Parking: Free; not covered.
Staff: OK. Not especially friendly.
Rate / Cost: As expected, more expensive then Marriott Courtyard or similar.
Location: Near highway.
Hotel Restaurant: Ate breakfast there. Expensive but as expected for full service hotel.
Nearby: Restaurants and stores north on Sunrise Blvd.
My stays: multiple nights in May 2013

Free Parking
Restaurant
Room Service
Swimming Pool
Concierge level for Elite level members
Clientele: seemed to be mostly people on business and upper middle class families..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Marriott Rancho Cordova is not considered an "extended stay" hotel; however, my one-month stay was wonderful. As a Platium Elite member of the Marriott, I had free breakfast every morning. In the evening, there was a nice spread in the concierge lounge. Even if you do not hold this status, there is a Starbucks inside the hotel, along with an Italian restaurant. I also found the front desk staff very attentive. I enjoyed many afternoons at the pool, where I ordered a delicious Italian sandwich and sipped on cold lemonade. I was even able to do my laundry at no cost.

There was a sweet lady named Amelia who stopped by every night with chocolates. One night, I mentioned that I was too tired to go to the concierge lounge. Within 15 minutes, there was a knock on my door. AMELIA stood there with a plate of food, including desert and bottled water! When I left, a bellman named BOB was at my door within minutes of calling down to the front desk. He wouldn't let me lift one bag all the way out to my car. Amelia and Bob both deserve commendations for their great service.

I do not have one complaint ...which should say a lot after a 30-night stay,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Rancho Cordova during a family visit recentlly. Old facility needs a really good facelift. Staff are very friendly and helpful. As it is the only full service Marriott in the Sacramento area, there is no other choice. Location is reasonable - about 15 minutes from Downtown Sacramento. Will stay there again when in the Sacramento area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THIS PROPERTY .... the out side of the property is beautiful the staff horrible. i checked in the hotel around 11pm laura the night auditor was so rude no welcome, no smile, i said my last name she pulled my reservation up she asked for a credit card i mentioned to her i wanted to pay cash i dont mind the deposit she said NO U CANT CREDIT CARD ONLY i said please read the notes in my reservation it states im paying cash she said i see that but we dont take cash . i asked central reservations three times and even called the hotel they all said i can upon arrival. so i dont know where the confusion was, she then told me you can speak to my GM in the morning . guess what she was going to leave me and my kids out on the street when we was there for a basketball tornament . she then called a manager after going back in forth with him for 25 mins he then decides to give me a room . BUT that was not it because we paid cash they singled us out they put notes in the system as if we were going to steal or trash the room remeber these are small kids what damage could really be done when curfew is at 8pm . she then put us in a king size room its 4 of us then said thats what our reservation said guess what that was a LIE i had to pull up my reservation and show her she then say thats not what it says on my side what the hell is what i was thinking , after 10mins with that she switched us to two qq beds . we go to the room guesst what everything i said i did not want they gave to me in my notes is clearly states no street side they gave me that and do not place near elevator guess what i had that . the tv did not work , candy wrappers under the bed , comforter dirty we used one from home , and the maid cleaned up but left dirty glasses in our room I WILL BE PUTTING THIS COMMENT ON EVERY SITE BECAUSE THIS HOTEL WAS A RIP OFF NEVER AGAIN .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Stacy N
Ralph S, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

We simply did not do a good job of delivering on our product and service. We have since followed up with more training to the individuals involved, reinforcing our commitment to provide each and every guest with the Marriott standards. We have also reached out to Stacy to apologize and hopefully receive a future opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We saw none of the 'problems' mentioned in other reviews. The room was huge and very clean. Great happy hour offerings in the bar/restaurant. The lobby, pool and parking lot were all very clean. There was no refridgerator in our room, I guess that is one thing that could be added, but as we were only there 1 night, it wasn't a problem. Very easy to access from the freeway, and noise was not an issue in our room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terry S
Ralph S, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at our property. The specifics you mentioned are the criteria that our staff strives for. I'm glad you had a pleasant visit. We do not have a refrigerator in every room but can certainly accomodate such a need. On your next visit to our property, please indicate the request when making your reservation.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed there for 1 night with family. Room was spacious and comfortable but not very well maintained. Carpet looked old and not recently cleaned, the whole room was more like the rooms we get in 2-3 star hotels but bigger. Pool is nice, but there were so many leaves floating in it. We booked the hotel through priceline.com so they didn't give us free wifi which was included as per our booking. Overall a higher 3 star hotel, not really a 4 star. I have stayed in a lot better hotels and this doesn;t come close to matching the experience they give.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Ralph S, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent visit to our property. I apologize for the shortcomings you experienced with your room. I know our Housekeeping Department takes great pride in maintaining a clean room for all of our guests, so your disappointment was shared with our Housekeeping Manager. I hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves on your next visit to Sacramento.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great hotel. It is the only full service Marriot in Sacramento. The area is mostly industrial, near the Korean town/area of Sacramento (Folsom Blvd) and has few good places to eat. I stayed here numerous time (for work at North Highlands). The front desk staff is always very pleasant and helpful. The housekeeping keeps the rooms clean. The club lounge’s breakfasts and evening snacks are well stocked and clean (much better than most Marriotts). The GM keeps the place running smoothly and often doing things to keep the hotel humming (like helping the breakfast staff at the club lounge, very unique!). The rooms are nice and clean. The only disappointment I have with this hotel is that, it is really hard to get upgrades (I have over 900 nights and Platinum status with Marriott). I guess that says a lot about their occupancy rate. The free internet is pretty good. The fitness center is very good with numerous treadmills, stationary bikes, and elliptical machines. One thing I really like, is the CHP, Capital and Sac PDs officers take their breaks at the lobby Starbucks or parking lot. I never have to worry about my car/safety.

Room Tip: The mountain side rooms are quieter (not facing the freeway)