“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Milpitas, california, USA
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great hotel. It is the only full service Marriot in Sacramento. The area is mostly industrial, near the Korean town/area of Sacramento (Folsom Blvd) and has few good places to eat. I stayed here numerous time (for work at North Highlands). The front desk staff is always very pleasant and helpful. The housekeeping keeps the rooms clean. The club lounge’s breakfasts and evening snacks are well stocked and clean (much better than most Marriotts). The GM keeps the place running smoothly and often doing things to keep the hotel humming (like helping the breakfast staff at the club lounge, very unique!). The rooms are nice and clean. The only disappointment I have with this hotel is that, it is really hard to get upgrades (I have over 900 nights and Platinum status with Marriott). I guess that says a lot about their occupancy rate. The free internet is pretty good. The fitness center is very good with numerous treadmills, stationary bikes, and elliptical machines. One thing I really like, is the CHP, Capital and Sac PDs officers take their breaks at the lobby Starbucks or parking lot. I never have to worry about my car/safety.

Room Tip: The mountain side rooms are quieter (not facing the freeway)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
David B, Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for the nice feedback about the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova. On your next visit, be sure and stop by the front desk or bell desk for a list of lots of local restaurants. There are a number of great dining experiences within minutes of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Safe Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Hollywood, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights. We had a wonderful time. The rooms were very comfortable, the hotel was just the right size, not too big or too small and it offered everything we wanted. We are night owls so it really worked for us that the pool stays open til 11pm, check out is noon and the gym is 24hrs.
Alex, was extremely accommodating and the rest of the staff were great! Thank you Marriott for a perfect stay!

Room Tip: Get a view of the pool & waterfalls.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear deesweetest,
Thank you for posting your experience here with your husband. We are delighted that you were able to enjoy the pool area and fitness center. Your kind comments will be passed along to Alex as well. Please come back soon and safe travels!
Douglasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I was impress by the quality and service this hotel had to offer. The rooms were very nice with the largest TV screens I have seen in any Marriott. The pool area is relaxing and quit. You can lay in the lounge chairs and enjoy an adult atmosphere. Formaggio resturarant is amazing with the service. Kathy had my Ahi tuna salad out in record time. Unbelievable. I dont think I waited no more than 5mins.

• Stayed May 2013
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear billy7217,
We're so pleased that you were able to enjoy the amenities of your room and the pool in solitude. The Ahi tuna salad is my absolute favorite dish in Formaggio and thank you for recoginizing Kathy's good service and taking the time to post. Safe travels!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

The location is good and personnel was polite. We received a complimentary breakfast which was very good. The room was large and clean. The Starbucks right in the hotel is nice perk. The only thing I thought lacking was their concierge level happy hour snacks. It was not very appealing and looked old.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Capma,
We are pleased that you took time to post a review on TripAdvisor. As a very frequent traveler it is important to us that you found good value in our property, our people polite and breakfast and Starbucks a plus. I apologize that the evening snacks in the concierge lounge did not meet the mark for you. Thank you for letting us know so that we can take a closer look at the offerings. We hope to serve you again soon. Safe travels!
Emeryville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I travel to Rancho Cordova every week on business and always stay at this hotel. The customer service they provide me has always been top notch; the staff is amazing. As usual, I was in Rancho this week, albeit briefly (2 nights), and they put me up in one of their suites (712). I was just blown away because I hadn't requested an upgrade, despite my elite status. The suite was amazing; it's larger than my apartment in the East Bay! After this experience, I'll be requesting upgrades more often; like first-class, once you've experienced it, you'll never EVER want to go back to coach! Thank you Marriott - see you next week! :)

Dear Ideper01,
Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We were pleased to not only provide you excellent service but also the upgraded suite which can take some of the stress out of busy travel schedules. Your loyalty is greatly appreciated and we look forward to serving you again, Safe travels!
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel was awesome! I felt like I was at home. The rooms were super clean and modern. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The location was awesome, close to everything we needed to visit and see. Highly Recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear HONdominik,
We greatly appreciate the high "grade"! Thank you for taking time to be a top contributor on TripAdvisor. It is satisfying that our service, facility and convenient location exceeded your expectations. We look forward to serving you again and safe travels to you!
Folsom, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and have also held many conferences here for my work. Every time I am here, I am amazed by the entire staff, facility, and experience. It is clean, comfortable, updated, and enjoyable. I have worked closely with Denise Bennett in Catering for my events and she is absolutely, hands-down, the best in the business! She is knowledgable, helpful, quick to respond to questions and makes my events run effortlessly. I consistently receive positive feedback from my guests and always make this hotel my first choice for all of my events.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Shannon A.,
Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Your very kind words for Denise will certainly be shared with the team. We are so pleased to be able to serve you and your meeting attendees over the years and greatly appreciate your loyalty. Your recognition of the staff and catering facilities make our efforts worthwhile and we look forward to another opportunity to host your events.