“Good value”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Houston, Texas
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

The location is good and personnel was polite. We received a complimentary breakfast which was very good. The room was large and clean. The Starbucks right in the hotel is nice perk. The only thing I thought lacking was their concierge level happy hour snacks. It was not very appealing and looked old.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Capma,
We are pleased that you took time to post a review on TripAdvisor. As a very frequent traveler it is important to us that you found good value in our property, our people polite and breakfast and Starbucks a plus. I apologize that the evening snacks in the concierge lounge did not meet the mark for you. Thank you for letting us know so that we can take a closer look at the offerings. We hope to serve you again soon. Safe travels!
Kent Peterson, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Emeryville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I travel to Rancho Cordova every week on business and always stay at this hotel. The customer service they provide me has always been top notch; the staff is amazing. As usual, I was in Rancho this week, albeit briefly (2 nights), and they put me up in one of their suites (712). I was just blown away because I hadn't requested an upgrade, despite my elite status. The suite was amazing; it's larger than my apartment in the East Bay! After this experience, I'll be requesting upgrades more often; like first-class, once you've experienced it, you'll never EVER want to go back to coach! Thank you Marriott - see you next week! :)

Dear Ideper01,
Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We were pleased to not only provide you excellent service but also the upgraded suite which can take some of the stress out of busy travel schedules. Your loyalty is greatly appreciated and we look forward to serving you again, Safe travels!
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel was awesome! I felt like I was at home. The rooms were super clean and modern. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The location was awesome, close to everything we needed to visit and see. Highly Recommend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear HONdominik,
We greatly appreciate the high "grade"! Thank you for taking time to be a top contributor on TripAdvisor. It is satisfying that our service, facility and convenient location exceeded your expectations. We look forward to serving you again and safe travels to you!
Folsom, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and have also held many conferences here for my work. Every time I am here, I am amazed by the entire staff, facility, and experience. It is clean, comfortable, updated, and enjoyable. I have worked closely with Denise Bennett in Catering for my events and she is absolutely, hands-down, the best in the business! She is knowledgable, helpful, quick to respond to questions and makes my events run effortlessly. I consistently receive positive feedback from my guests and always make this hotel my first choice for all of my events.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Shannon A.,
Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Your very kind words for Denise will certainly be shared with the team. We are so pleased to be able to serve you and your meeting attendees over the years and greatly appreciate your loyalty. Your recognition of the staff and catering facilities make our efforts worthwhile and we look forward to another opportunity to host your events.
Englewood, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed over 100 nights at this property since November 2012. It is the only full service Marriott in the Sacramento area.
I will start by saying that it is very well managed an maintained. The rooms are larger than most Marriotts. This property was a Sheraton previously. Every room has a bay window. The restaurant has excellant food and the bar has a great Happy Hour. The Hotel also has a Startbucks onsite with indoor and outdoor seating. The pool area is beautifully landscaped with waterfalls and a Koi pond along side the outdoor pool. It also provides a free laundry area. Parking is plentiful and free.

Room Tip: I preferred a room at the end of the hall. Rooms that end in 27. Odd number rooms face the mountains...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kaleviks,
Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Your loyalty over the past months has been greatly appreciated! We are very pleased that you found the spacious rooms to your liking and you were able to enjoy the many amenities we offer as a full service property. We look forward to more opportunities to serve you at the hotel, the Formaggio Restaurant and Starbucks! Safe travels.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

As a frequent business traveler when I walk in the door to this wonderful hotel I feel like I am home. From the bellmen, to the desk staff, to the concierge hostesses, I am greeted like an old friend. And I think I am, an old friend.
Now about the hotel.
Easy and ample parking, (no fee). Beautiful lobby, meeting rooms, very nice gym (4 treadmills, 4 ellipticals, 2 bicycles, free weights, resistance machine, yoga equipment with personal TV's on each machine). There is a beautiful pool and hot tub and pool side is a wonderful place to just relax.
Excellent restaurant and bar. If it's not on the menu - ask!. If they have the materials they will make it for you.
The rooms are roomy and bright. Well furnished and comfortable. The linens feel luxurious. Ample closet space, in room coffee/tea (not in the bathroom!), ironing board and iron, hair dryer and most rooms have a fridge (if not- ask for one).

This location is within walking distance of a few excellent restaurants if you want to "get out".
Within driving distance is a vast array of excellent dining options.

It is also freeway close without being noisy. The windows are well insulated and there isn't any traffic noise.

Smoking area out front.

Starbucks on site: early AM to about 3pm
Concierge for qualified Marriott members. You will enjoy a wonderful selection for breakfast and again for happy hour and evening relaxation.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise ask for a room away from the Elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear KSparrow,
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. It seems that you were able to enjoy many amenities we offer, not only in your guestroom, but throughout the hotel including Formaggio Restaurant. We are always delighted to serve you and others to make it "feel like home". Safe travels!
Kent Peterson, General Manager
Ventura, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean and the front desk is fast. My only negative experience was at the bar/ restaurant where I was charged for drinks I didn't have. The bartender chose to argue with me so I just paid the bill and went to eat somewhere else. There aren't many other choices to eat nearby.

• Stayed April 2013
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Jad27,
Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We're delighted that you found the hotel clean and front desk staff efficient. Also, please accept my apologies for any confusion and misunderstanding regarding your experience in our lounge. I truly want to rectify any mistake that may have been made and since we could not make that happen while you were still here, I offer you the opportunity to contact me direct at the hotel so that we can regain your confidence. Thank you again, and safe travels.
Kent Peterson, General Manager