“Very Accomodating Hotel and Staff”

Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel lives up to its four star rating, though a little more variety in hot food is needed in the Concierge Room. Breakfast and evening there were only two hot dishes to choose from and for the five days I was there, every morning for breakfast it was just scrambled eggs. More variety is most definitely needed for the regular customers. Apart from that, the staff were excellent and the hotel was extremely comfortable.

Room Tip: If you like quite, ask for a room on the mountain side otherwise you will constantly hear the freewa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Frank W.,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We're pleased that you enjoyed our 4 Star service staff and facility and it was our pleasure to serve you. I apologize that the items served in the Concierge Lounge didn't meet all your expectations but we do meet, and most often exceed, the Marriott Brand standard in our fare. Our Formaggio Restaurant also offers an extensive menu at each meal period to augment the limited menu served in the Concierge Lounge. Safe travels and we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Top down superior customer service- from Kent Peterson, Hotel Manager who sets the tone for his staff and responds courteously to suggestions; to the awesome, professional, friendly front desk staff who greet you by name and know your likes and really DO care- Jenel, Bri, Jenny and Olivia (why did you leave!), when I had a medical emergency in the middle if the night I was provided written directions with offer of transport to hospital- then received gorgeous flowers at home from Marriott staff received when I was discharged and follow up inquires asking how I was doing- THANK YOU!!! Then to the Starbucks crew, love my daily Chai Tea Latte and the prompt service; to housekeeping- Emelia is a treasure, with a sparkling clean room and she always makes me feel cared for and asks after my daughters! To the Concierge staff Joan and Brenda- so friendly, biggest smiles ever, urging me to grab a treat, take a soda or water and relax; to the porters- who always offer to assist me even though I carry my own stuff, I still appreciate the offer and your warm greeting. I have been traveling here since 2008 and will continue to do so for years to come I hope.

My only suggestions to make hotel better go to the people at Marriott Corporate and I did complete a survey online pointing out these ideas:

1. Redo entire parking lot to get rid if staggered parking (every other spot is SO short) and improve the outdoor lighting. This would make guests so happy, as it is the thing I hear repeated most amongst your guests.

2. Rearrange lobby to make more hospitable to include grouped seating areas conducive to reading, socializing or just waiting for transport to arrive; it is more of a corridor now.

3. Remodel Starbucks- idea is to have a bar counter with stools along the window and move actual store in a bit more (maybe where TV section is now); as customers would have more appreciation for window seating. People traffic with luggage going by is too near seating; thoughtful redesign would give the Starbucks a more relaxing feel and more space for customers who want to stay. Maybe add a fireplace on wall and put plasma atV over it?

Also, a protein option at the Starbucks for those of us on the go would be great- egg sandwiches or the Bistro boxes! I don't have time for the restaurant and sometimes want a change from concierge food.

4. Update guest rooms- they are always very clean; just need a makeover! Replace bathroom doors so they can stay open without propping!

How great is it that the only requests for improvement are cosmetic in nature? That means the local management is excellent and even corporate cares as the survey was emailed to me and asked specifically about a lobby redesign? Corporate just needs to throw in the parking lot and hopefully the guest rooms at some point and this property would be a physical shining star too; not just one with stars for cleanliness and a 5-Star shining hotel staff!!!

See you next week!

Nichole Nava

• Stayed: March 2013
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Nichole N.,
I certainly thank you and am honored to share both the accolades for our Team Members here, as well as the property improvement ideas to the "powers to be". Some of your ideas are on the board for 2013 and some for further down the road. Capital improvements are a very high priority for us and we are making plans to implement as many impactful improvements as resources allow. We're glad that you have had a speedy recovery and are back to a regular schedule of traveling to Rancho Cordova. Safe travels.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I booked the use of one of the meeting rooms based on location and room size. What I got was a whole lot more. Denise in Catering office was outstanding in her suggestions and accommodation. The meeting went well partly because of her pre-planning work. In addition to business I stayed two personal days to visit California's Mt Shasta and Yosemite Park. The front office staff helped me account for business expense and personal expense in an understanding and with attention to detail - even though my request was made in the evening when there was low staff and many other demands on the front desk attendant's time. And then there was the restaurant staff. Breakfast was delicious and the service even better. Dinner was served with personal attention even though I was just a party of one with a full house of other dinner guests. Dinner selection was moderately broad and the three dinner meals were flavorful and good portion size. Of course it wouldn't have been worth writing about if the room hadn't been up to standard so suffice to say it was the Marriott high standard of clean, fresh, well appointed, and very comfortable. All and all very enjoyable way to spend a hotel stay and above average people focused on making a personal effort to accommodate a guest.
PS. And if you're a coffee lover they have a full Starbucks on premise. Greg G. from Wisc.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Gregory G.,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Your very kind comments regarding the meeting experience and interaction with Denise will certainly be passed along to her. We are also pleased that your entire hotel stay, including dining in Formaggio and Starbucks exceeded your expectations. We were delighted to serve you for both business and pleasure. Safe travels!
Kent Peterson, General Manager

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here for a three-day business trip/convention. The meeting rooms were quite nice. The provided lunch was the standard steam table fare. I provided my own food by the third day.
My first room -- shared with a colleague, was perfectly nice. I then got my own room on our last night there. I was told that it was one of the last rooms left, and I can see why. I turned the air conditioner on and went to dinner. When I got back, the room wreaked of mildew. I opened the windows and slept with them open.
The rooms are clean and updated. The beds are pretty and seem comfortable until you wake up. Both my colleague and I woke all three mornings with backaches.
The staff at the desk and hospitality were very friendly and accommodating. I wonder if I had complained about the moldy smell if they would have had a solution. In fairness, I didn't ask. But the beds were not great in two different rooms.
The location in Ranch Cordova is "industrial" to say the least. It is located in the middle of a number of storage facilities. lf you travel the wrong direction from the hotel in search of dinner, you will encounter a rather questionable area. Lock the car doors. If you travel north a mile or less you will find a nice area that has many recognized restaurants.

Room Tip: Check out air conditioners before you settle in.

Dear K P,
Thank you for taking time to submit a posting on Tripadvisor. We're pleased that your overall experience was good, but I also want to apologize for the discomfort you experienced in the bed and for the smell you encountered upon turning on the A/C. We know the cause and we will check the various sources to remedy it. If you wish to call me direct with your exact room number it will speed up the "diagnosis" process and I can make arrangements to recover from that inconvenience. Safe travels!
Kent Peterson, General Manager

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Beautiful mural greets you at the front door and good choice of wall art through the hotel. Lovely restaurant with the good pool and Jacuzzi. Convenient Starbucks in the lobby. Very clean and very friendly. Very quiet rooms. Stayed many times and hope to be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear 121Traveler,
Thank you for taking time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We're delighted that on each of your many trips here you find the staff friendly and all the amenities clean and confortable. The mural in the lobby always has somebody standing in front for a picture. It is indeed unique. We hope to serve you again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This Marriott is very nice. We have stayed in Sacramento area many times and really liked this hotel. Rooms were clean, hotel looked beautiful. Pool and patio are clean and very nice whirlpool. It is very comfortable with a starbucks in the lobby and great breakfast. Worth every penny! You do have to have a car because it is just off the freeway. Parking is free and you are just minutes from Sacto. Lots of shopping close by. Marriott service was wonderful.

Room Tip: higher rooms have a better view of the valley.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear David1101,
Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you and your family enjoyed the hotel's convenient location in the Sacto area, hotel amenities and found the staff service accomodating. Your loyalty as a frequent traveler to Marriott and our hotel is greatly appreciated and we look forward to your next visit. Safe travels!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Staying at the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova is a very comfortable experience. Traveling as often as I do, it never ceases to amaze me that when I come to this hotel, it is almost like coming home. The staff is great, ready to be of any help possible. One of the first things I noticed this year was the change in menu... the changes are quite economical and very savory. I am a fan of the seafood pasta dish. Maybe it is just me, but the beds seem to be softer and more comforting. It's nice to be home (away from home)again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear jhw622,
As a frequent guest of our hotel, I thank you for your loyalty as well as the kind review on Tripadvisor recognizing the staff and new menu in Formaggio. It is tough to be on the road so much so it is important for us to provide the feel of home. A comfy bed, good food and great service are a focus for us all. Safe travels!
Kent Peterson