“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Kansas City, Kansas
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were visiting my brother and stayed at this hotel. Very close to everything and the service and room were excellent! The restaurant had a great breakfast and happy hour. The Starbucks was a great addition also. We were able to use the computer to print our boarding passes. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear george w,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We're delighted that our hotel was in a convenient location for your family visit, and that you found our service and food and beverage offerings to your liking. Thanks for the recommendation and we look forward to serving you again. Safe travels!
Kent Peterson, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Sacramento Marriott is a good hotel overall with exceptional customer service. I'd go as far as saying the employees at this hotel are the friendliest I've ever experienced in North America! The front desk is well staffed at all hours, with helpful employees who are polite and personable. All other employees I encountered around the hotel - hallways, pool area, restaurant - always said hi and asked if I needed any assistance.

The hotel itself has a good restaurant and bar just off the main lobby as well as a Starbucks. The pool area with hot tub, change rooms and free laundry are way nicer than you'd expect.

Rooms are kept clean and furnishings are pretty decent. Its not the most stylish decor but in line with the price and is clean enough for there not to be an issue.

The only draw back to this hotel would be if you were staying on a floor with every room occupied. My stay was for two weeks with a large group and I found the doors slamming shut to be loud at times when there was a lot of traffic in the hallway. For whatever reason, the doors of each room are loud when they shut. I'd ask to be roomed on a quieter floor if you had the choice.

Overall a good hotel, better than average pool/hot tub area, exceptional customer service with the convenience of restaurant/bar and Starbucks on the main level.

I've stayed here 4 or 5 times and would go back...definitely the best hotel I've seen in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a quieter floor....5+ floors are better
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear SNV2,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. As a frequent traveler we take your comment as being the "friendliest staff in North America" as high praise! We are happy that you were able to take advantage and enjoy the many amenities we offer as well. I apologize for any inconvenience for the noise issues you encountered. We look for to serving you again soon. Safe travels!
Oakland, California
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The room was great and the Pillow-top mattress was so comfortable I decided to just stay in bed and rest. The best part of my stay was the exceptional service by the employees from the Room Service Staff, the Restaurant and the Front Desk.

The get an A+ for the overall weekend and it is my Hotel of choice whenever I'm in the area!

Room Tip: Make sure the room is away from the generators or heaters - they can be a litlte noisy
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Cheryl W,
Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. It is satisfying that you found your room and bed so comfortable. Thank you as well for the "A+" service rating for the staff. We're delighted that you found the Team here to be "exceptional" and we look forward to serving you again soon. Safe travels!
Fallon, Nevada
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Once again - another great stay. We stayed in the Governor's Suite this time - and it was spacious and comfortable. The hotel staff were great when we showed up early trying to check in - the room wasn't ready, but they hopped right on it and we were checked in in minimal time. On the 2nd day the heater quit working and we forgot to tell them. When we remembered late that afternoon and informed the front desk, it was fixed by the time we returned to the room. Very quiet on the 10th floor - there will always be some street noise, but it is minimal compared to other hotels.

I would recommend a different fabric softener or new towels - they are beginning to show the affects of age.

The fruits available in the concierge lounge during breakfast was excellent. The weekend breakfast was also very good.

Even with the several business related meetings going on during our visit, it was quiet with few distractions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear lanie 101,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We're pleased that you found the suite on the 10th floor to your liking and the dining experiences in both the Concierge Lounge and the Formaggio Restaurant pleased your palate. I'm sorry that the heater malfunctioned, but that it was remedied quickly. We'll also be sure to check on our laundry processes to insure a softer product. We look forward to serving you again soon. Safe travels!
Kent Peterson
Modesto, California, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Recently, My wife and I had a work related training seminar at the Rancho Cordova Marriott. The hotel accomodations are paid for by my employer so we don't have much say in what type of room we receive. While checking in, (with Jenel Bailey) my wife and infant twins come in right behind me.

Originally, we were assigned a single king bed, but we were hoping to have to queens so as to have extra space for laying out all the baby goods. Jenel did an excellent job finding us a room and with the bell man in tow, cart full of baby goods away we went. 8th floor with two beds. While still on the elevator ride up, the bell mans phone rang and all I heard him say, was; "okay, I'll let them know."

What he was to tell us what that Jenel felt as though we would need even more room and upgraded us (free of charge) to a suite on the second floor. Additionally, she had room service provide (free of charge) two baby cribs so our twins would feel right at home.

All I can say is that was the nicest gesture ever shown to me and my family. The room was already charged at a much lower rate because of the employer paid rate that was provided by my employer.

In the years to come, whether personal or professional, I know that my family and I will always choose Marriott Rancho Cordova.

Thank you Jenel Bailey. I never got the chance to say THANKS...!

Nathan and Kerrie Crain..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Nathan C,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. It is a delight to hear how Jenel exceeded the expectation for you and your family. It is an extra challenge for sure to travel with small children and any comfort of home is important. Thank you for recognizing Jenel's hospitality during your brief visit to our hotel. Safe travels!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I travel here for work almost every week. No matter who I am speaking with, people are ready to help, friendly, and will make sure to call you and follow up. The last part is something I rarely encounter in the service industry but this hotel manages to surprise me every time. Their can-do attitude certainly makes up for the half renovated hotel. I have stayed in many Marriotts all over the world and unfortunately (I believe due to location) this hotel has not had a complete make over. They do carry quality bath care products, and of all the things they could renovate, the beds are great. That being said it is definitely an older hotel with the common rundown from business traffic, but ALWAYS CLEAN. Of all the things I could say about a hotel, this is a fine place to stay especially for business because the staff is the best I have ever encountered!

Room Tip: Rooms at both ends of the hotel don't have very strong wireless, but otherwise a good connection...
Dear Abby D,
We appreciate you taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for recognizing the staff for their friendliness and "can-do" attitude. As time goes by I'm confident you will see improvements made on property to bring it up to date. As you noted, we take special care to make sure the property is clean and the service is first rate. We look forward to serving you again soon. Safe travels!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very pretty Hotel! Clean, Smells Good and Great Location! The Young Lady whom checked me in on the other hand! Very Snobbish, When i Asked how is the Food, She replied " What were you going to get? " No Conversations skills at all, Just acted like she was too good to talk to me! I'm the Guest! I then asked her for directions again because she said it so fast i couldn't get it. She sighs! My Key didn't work came back down she asked me if i knew how to use it and how many times i tried it! Wow She is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE AND HORRIBLE she was rude to me every time i saw her not to mentions gives me dirty looks and then a fake smile! And i was there on a work event for 7 days! Hope you don't get her! To Save her Job I wont mention her name but i will NEVER EVER go back! Courtyard it is!

Room Tip: Don't Get her!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank R C
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear RC,
Thank you for your time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I'm disappointed that your encounter at our front desk left a negative impression over what was otherwise a positive experience. I personally invite you to reach out to me in order to discuss your interaction with our associate at the desk. It is vital to me and my staff that, without exception, we all provide service that exceeds the expectation of each guest. I apologize that we failed you in this instance. We certainly hope to have an opportunity to regain your confidence. Safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cordova
Larkspur Landing Folsom
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
Hyatt Regency Sacramento
#4 of 81 in Sacramento

Been to Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!