“Clean and Quiet”

Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stopped here and requested a room at the last moment as we were too tired to drive all the way back to Santa Cruz after visting family in the Sacramento area. We were pleasantly surprised! We were given a room close to the elevator, but we never heard a sound coming from the hallway. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. We left early in the morning and did not have a chance to use the pool (which looked fabulous) or explore any of the other hotel amenities. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Dear KateL,
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We're delighted that you found our facility and rooms clean, quiet and comfortable. We also appreciate you recommending us to family and friends. Safe travels, and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Actually my hotel stay was satisfactory. I encountered the Mgr(Ken) at the front desk, who YELLED at my 9 year old "you need shoes on in the lobby" and proceeded to berate me for allowing him to be barefoot. 30 minutes later he was STANDING GUARD at the pool and seemed to be waiting for us to do something wrong. Luckily, during the rest of my visit to the Folsom area I didn't have to interact with him, but it did leave a sour taste for the rest of my stay. The head cook Jose actually went out of his way to make sure I was taken care of after hearing of the incident. Rooms were fair, but dated (as is the rest of the hotel). In my opinion, overpriced for the area when you include internet and breakfast(neither included).

Room Tip: freeway noise can be an issue as can "after hours" pool drinkers....We had a 7th floor roo...
1  Thank randyfromSJ
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Dear randyfromSJ,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize for the style and manner that you and your son were approached regarding his bare feet. We have a great concern for everyone's safety, but my manager certainly could have stated it to be less offensive to you. I'm glad that Chef Jose was able to respond to you and I see that you also posted a postive review for our Formaggio Restaurant during your stay. Thank you! We look forward to an opportunity to serve you and your family again.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

The hotel is older, but still nice and well maintained. I like the spacious rooms, TV, clean bathrooms, etc. All of that is expected. What I don't expect these days is the extra effort the staff seem to go through to get to know you, to know you by your first name and to make sure you are comfortable and well taken care of during the stay. From the sales staff to the front desk to the bartender and the maids, I've had nothing but top-knotch service. If you want a good, full service hotel that goes the extra mile, then I highly recommend you stay in this hotel while in the Sacramento area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear A6Pack,
We are proud to have delivered "top notch" service to you on your visits to the Rancho/Folsom area. I'm also happy to see you found our spacious guest rooms to your liking and you enjoyed the 42" flat screen TVs. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Safe travels!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I recently stayed at the Marriott Rancho Cordova on business. It was my first trip to the area and I will be sure to return to this Marriott location on my subsequent visits.

The hotel was busy with various large groups, but the noise was not bad and the restaurant was suprisingly good (I recommend the quail). The room was comfortable and nicer than the other two Marriotts at which I stayed elsewhere on the trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear bearcatprof,
We were delighted to serve you on your recent business trip to our Sacramento/Folsom area and we thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. I will be certain to pass along to my Chef that you enjoyed his quail dish in Formaggio Taverna & Patio Restaurant. We're glad that the room accomodations also exceeded your expectation and we look forward to serving you again in the near future. Safe travels.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

After staying in numerous Hilton properties, we opted to try the Marriot in Rancho for a night. The front desk people were friendly and the room was clean. It is obviously an older hotel and the decor/styling is somewhat retro. The primary reason for 3 stars is $12.95 for internet access and no breakfast.

That's weak, unfortunately we were in a pinch and didn't read any reviews prior to reserving.

Go to a Hampton. Nice breakfast, and no charge for internet..

Dear pfreeling,
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on TripAdvisor. I appreciate you recognizing our friendly staff and I'm pleased you found your room clean and comfortable. While many of the full service hotels in the Sacramento area, including ourselves, charge a la carte for internet and breakfast, we now offer packages both weekday and weekend on marriott.com that include these options. That way only those that want those services can select the packages vs. have it built into the rate for everyone. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or confusion. It was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Have used this hotel from time to time over the years and have found it to be generally consistent in service and usually good clean facilities. This trip after a few years I found the hotel to be in a slight decline. Still a Marriott but .........

The food service is solely located off lobby a bit tired, and if your here more than a day and not a total Italian food fan your in trouble. Food is marginally tasty, limited menu items.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ghostrider5408
Kentmarriottrc, General Manager at Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Dear Ghostrider5408,
Thank you for taking time to post on TripAdvisor! I value your travel expertise and feedback regarding your recent trip to our hotel. As the economy continues to recover you will continue to see improvements in many different areas of the hotel. Our goal is to be the leader in both quality product and service in the Rancho Cordova/Folsom hotel market. While it is true that our Formaggio Restaurant leans towards Italian fare, please contact either myself or the Chef on your next visit and we would be happy to go "off the menu" to meet any culinary taste/preference with a little notice. Thank you again, and safe travels!

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Just got back from a business trip to Sacramento and I was very happy with my choice of the Marriott in Rancho Cordova. It was in a good location for my meetings which were spread around Sacramento. The room was nice and clean and the concierge lounge breakfast was excellent.
Didn't get to use the gym but it looked nice if a bit small.
The best part was the staff at the front desk, who were about as pleasant as you could hope to find. It's amazing what a nice smile and a warm welcome means after a long day of traveling.
Had dinner in the Italian restaurant where again the service was wonderful.. better than the food actually. The hotel has a Starbucks in the lobby as well.
Overall I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear bccrab,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We're delighted that our central location enabled you to easily reach your business appointments in the Sacramento/Rancho Cordova/Folsom area. Thank you for recognizing the desk and restaurant staff for their service as well and I'm happy you enjoyed the Concierge Level. We all hope to serve you again soon!