“Air Conditioner Noise Unbearable”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova Sacramento
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Modesto, California
“Air Conditioner Noise Unbearable”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed here for a conference at the Marriott, but the Marriott was all booked. La Quinta is easy to get to and there are lots of nice restaurants in the area. The room was nice but the bathroom was tight, the bed was just okay and the air conditioner noise was so loud that I turned it off so I could get some sleep. There was a dog howling in the room next door for at least 2 hours before I called management. No way they could fix the problem, they just called the owners to come back to take care of their dog. Not very sympathetic staff. I think I will pass on future La Quinta Inns.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mskyyoung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lakeside, California
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I went to call another guest room to room and the phone was dead. I went to the front desk to ask and was greeted by a very flippant front desk clerk who argued with me that there was a sign on the front door. I was looking right at the door and could see there was no sign. There was not a sign when I checked in a few hours before either! I should have been told there were no phones in the hotel rooms upon check in so I could make sure my cell phone was charged up. With only a car charger my phone could have easily been dead. This is a safety issue not a vanity issue. When I asked how do you do wake up calls I was told use your phone by Miss Attitude behind the desk. What if it was dead? She said in a voice like I was stupid or brain dead, "Use the radio." I can't tell you how many times a radio fails. What if there was a power outage? I always use two or three alarms and when talking to the others staying at the hotel so do they. What if I wanted to verify someone knocking on my door. What if there was an emergency in my room that needed attention right away? I would have to look up the hotel phone number, and because, when I called to find out the address for the hotel to drive there from the airport, the hotel doesn't have someone answering the phone live when you call them r, I had to go through their menu. When calling this hotel when I pressed the button on the menu for the front desk the phone would go dead. I never did get anyone that day! Horrible safety issue that they should be ashamed for putting guest in harms way! What if I needed verify if that person knocking on my door was really a maintenance person? What if there was a problem in my room and I needed to get to the front desk? What if there was an evacuation and the speakers didn't work. Heck I don't even know if they had speakers in the rooms!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

3 Thank momtks
Hawthorne, Nevada
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We live about 300 miles from our only grand child. We try to visit at least once a month. This means staying in a hotel each time. We found the La Quinta Inn & Suites to be the best place to stay. The price is great, the service & staff are wonderful, the rooms are always clean, and comfortable.The breakfast is good and the location is perfect for us. There's also a work out room and a seasonal swimming pool. We are looking forward to bringing our grand child to swim in the pool this summer. It's a great place to stay!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Cleo215
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The staff was very nice. The lady in charge of the breakfast area was very kind she made us feel appreciated. There was not much breakfast selection but the food available was just right if you're on the go. There were tables available for you to sit and enjoy your food.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Louisiana
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have stayed here before because it is close to places I need to go. Also has a great place to eat in the parking lot...Brookfield's....they make the stay worth it. This is an older hotel & needs a good renovation. Although the rooms are non-smoking the hallways & elevators aren't. It can smell pretty bad at times. The brkfst is enough to get you going in the mornings.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We often stay at La Quinta properties which we mostly started when traveling with our cat because they are pet friendly. We do not always travel with the cat..This particular property always exceeds our expectations at this price point. Property is clean and well maintained. Near tons of restaurants and markets. The staff treats and greets you as if you were a guest in their own home. Perfect!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne W
The Villages, FL, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The weekend of April 4-6 my family gathered to celebrate a 93rd birthday. Family guests ranged in age from age 6 to 93. La Quinta Inn Rancho Cordova accommodated all our different guest room and gathering space needs. The staff was superb and very accommodating to the 16 of us who stayed there, plus the 7 daytime only family members who joined us for the "party". Modest rates for top-notch service!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family