“Great value and location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Rancho Cordova Sacramento
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great value and location”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here for for four nights while working in Sacramento. The room was clean and well maintained. Everything worked fine in the room. Room seemed pretty well insulated and could not hear much exterior noise. Breakfast was good. Front desk employees and breakfast server were all very nice. Did not use the pool. Gym was ok but lacking weight equipment. Bathroom was pretty small but the shower was nice and had numerous water settings. Beds were comfy. Showtime, ESPN and many other channels on a good tv. Plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Ask for room not facing freeway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My friend and I decided to stay here very last minute I am talking we booked the hotel at 9pm and it ended up being a pretty nice place. Good price and the staff was friendly even when we showed up at 11pm. The room was nice and we had a comfortable stay. They had breakfast which is always a plus. The only problem I had staying here is we were a non-smoking floor and the whole floor still reeked of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank whereyoufromfool
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I expected a lot more out of La quinta.
Cons- *The entire hotel smells like cigarette smoke.
* The bathtub and toilet was covered with mold.
* The towels smell musty like they left them in the washer for a few days.
* All of our lamps/ clocks were unplugged. I had to move the entire bed out just to find the plug to fix them.
* The room was sadly outdated and smelled like someone threw up on the floor. Literally the entire room smells like a mixture of smoke and vomit.
Pros- *We got a military discount.
* The hotel was easy to find.
* Plenty of parking.
* The bed is comfortable.

I'm hoping our experience was just with this room in this hotel. It was one of the last rooms that was available so I'm hoping they don't normally put people in this room. I'm also not happy with the fact we got charged an extra 20$ a night for a pull out couch? With our military discount it ended up being only 10$ more but still I've never been charged extra for an extra bed or couch at any other hotel so that was new. For almost 80$ a night with a military discount I was very displeased with this hotel. Our next trip to Sacramento we will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Yoders_gal
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good price on Priceline with Military discount. Upon arrival they had my reservation but wanted eight dollars more. I showed my printout and they said they could not match it but by using a code they could lower the price so I paid only $1.00 more per night . La Quinta and Priceline need to talk. Was late and I did not wish to argue over a dollar so took it. Hotel and room were clean. Staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. Good value regardless of my problem above. Hotel is pet friendly. Breakfast was better than average and the woman running the breakfast was great. Location was easy to freeway and their was food nearby and a Costco near so I could gas up. Metal rod used to close drapes came off in my hand. Towell rack fell off wall when I grabbed a washcloth. Other than these minor things the room was satisfactory. Entry door, bathroom door and sink were all next to each other and caused traffic jams inside the room. A bunch of silly little things plagued me but would stay again, especially if they get the Military price correct next time/

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Have stayed here several times and always find it pleasant, comfortable and most important noise free. The free breakfast is always fresh and in a clean environment. The fruit is also fresh and freshly washed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple