“Relaxation CAN be found in the most unlikely places.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Relaxation CAN be found in the most unlikely places.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Last night I stayed at the Red Lion Inn in Rancho Cordova, Sacromento. Considering we were not basking in the sun on the white sand beaches of Hawaii or taking in the beauty of skiing Aspen the Rocky's I enjoyed the las 2 days at the humble Red Lion Inn at Rancho Cordova in Sacromento as much as any of the formentioned paradise like destionations that I have been lucky enough to stay at in the past. I wound up sipping coffee with Christina who was working the front desk at 5:00 a.m. while she helped me finish my laundry and she (quite honestly, listened to me bable on and on about my troubles). This reminded me that it always boils down to the staff that make or break a hotel. You can be in the most beautiful place on the planet, but if you are arguing with the valet guy about where he parked your car you are not enjoying yourself. Another pleasureable experience was every morning not only was the complimentary breakfast out of this world, but Francine the staff member in charge of the line was very personal and a joy to talk to. After the first day she remembered my waffle ordere and at first site would have it on the griddle heating up, only to wait for the next guest to come around the corner and she would remember their name and waffle order as well..... I was impressive! It always boils down to the human touch and that touch can feel like the very soft tip of your finger or the cracking knuckle of a fist to your face. The human touch is what made my experience at the Red Lion Inn, at Rancho Cordova to be one of my most relaxing in recent memory!!!!!! Thank you Christina and Fracine you made my trip!!!!!

Mark Spitsen

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank mspitsen75
Best Western Pl... R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your response and feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you were very satisfied. Our staff works very hard as a team to provide our guests with the best accommodations possible, starting with great customer service, providing quality conveniences such as great food for breakfast, to providing a clean and comfortable room to relax in. We greatly appreciate it when our guests give our hard working employees the recognition they deserve. We hope that we will be your first choice for future visits to the Sacramento area.

Thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Rancho Cordova, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

First I was a bit disgruntle because my work forced me to stay here. Then upon my first stay I was very surprise I had previously stayed at this hotel back in 2008. I was not impressed with the last brand I recognized Red Lion and they have a good reputation so there was some hope. Hotel was very clean, nice, and the staff was amazing. I travel a lot stay in hotels once or twice a month, I have had horrible experiences with high end hotel chains because of rude and snobby staff but Carol and Kristina always greeted me with a smile and a greeting morning or night regardless what time it was. Service like this is what makes our country great, honest good people working hard to make a living. As an American Soldier I am proud to see my people have hope and enthusiasm to florsih and grow with pride, humbleness, and honor.

Room Tip: Book early to get the third floor it offers more privacy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jorge A
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. If your travels bring you back to Rancho Cordova, be sure and let us know you are coming as we would love to have you with us again. Thank You!
Los Angeles, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Got in real late and hotel clerk was friendly and welcoming . Got to remodeled room and slept like a baby. My Sacramento hotel of choice from now on. Didn't her to try the breakfast , but again night clerk made sure to let me know about it . I haven't stayed at a Red Lion since 1996 so this was a pleasant surprise .

Very close to Costco for gas , tons of restaurants and near interstate .

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Juno F
RedLionInnGM, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Juno F

Thank you very much for choosing us and your kind feedback. We hope that you will have the opportunity to try our complimentary hot breakfast next time you are in town. We look forward to welcoming you back againg.

Safe Travels.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

kristina was very friendly and helpful and being around her makes you feel lik royalty and the rooms are very cozy and beautifully designed if everyone were like kristina the world would be a much cooler place

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Stephen S
Dear Stephen S
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback.
We are very proud of our team here as we all aim to provide the best guest service and create a memorable stay for all guests. I will be sure to share your kind words with Kristina.
We look forward to welcoming you againg.

Many Thanks
JJohnson.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel offers great value with room quality equal to the nearby and much pricier Courtyard and Hyatt properties. The staff is great with Frances greeting you with a smile and wonderful complimentary breakfast. And in the evening, Carol is there to give you any assistance necessary to make you stay more enjoyable.
The location is very convenient right off of Highway 50 offering easy access to downtown SAC and Folsom.. GIve it a try, you will not be disappointed and splurge for one of the interior King rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank john m
Dear John M.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel where we aim to exceed expactaions. Very pleased to hear that our team showed you our genuine hospitality and great service.
Look forward to your next stay with us.
Kind Regards
Jjohnson
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

For the price, it's a very good value. Very clean. Lots of choice in the breakfast. Francine was very friendly and helpful in the breakfast area, keeping it very clean. Updated rooms and baths look good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an interior entry. I think those are on the upper floors.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank deenieween
Dear deenieween

Very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the excellent value we provide. We have interior and extrerior rooms to serve our guests and very soon you will find many more upgreades through out the property.
Thank you for your kind feed back and we look forward to having you again soon.
Kind Regards
JJohnson
Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a great small hotel. It was clean, quiet and the people especially Francine for the free breakfast, very friendly folks. If you need to stay in the Rancho Cordova area and are on a budget this is a safe bet and they are renovating so that is plus once finished. The renovations did not interfere with my stay in anyway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Neil G
Dear Traveler,

We're happy to have hear that our great rates lead you to this little gem of a hotel. Don't be a stranger here in Sacramento!

Hope to see you soon.