“I will be back!”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Orange
“I will be back!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I RARELY visit the same hotel twice. I pretty much just go wherever I can find the best deal and find the nicest kind of hotel at the rate I can spend. Usually under 80 bucks. My mom told me about the red lion inn but I recently went for another deal on priceline. I decided to check it out this time and for 54 bucks on priceline I will definitely be back! it is VERY comfy. Landed a decent room, small but very clean and new, nice paint, good tv and has a fabulous bathroom with large tiled shower and multiple shower heads. Great soap too! Big issue for me is things like that are usually cheaply sourced. Front desk told me there are many other better rooms and breakfast is supposed to be great!

Room Tip: Heard that you can sometimes get decent upgrades for being a regular patron by calling in.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
RedLionInnGM, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Gav M,

Thank you very kindly for your very kind feed back and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. Please reach out to us for your future visits to the area and take advantage of our excellent value and service once again.
Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Berkeley, California
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I frequently travel to Rancho Cordova and Sacramento on business, and this is my first choice for a short stay hotel. The rooms are clean, spacious, and secure with access to upper floor rooms requiring a key. The staff is friendly...Carol has checked me in the last few times. The breakfast is exactly what I need to get me going in the morning...meat and potatoes with my hot tea. Best of all, it is priced right. My only complaint is that the entrance to the hotel can be hard to find. I had to drive around a few times before I found it the first time around. Summary: Great value for the money.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Wetgato,
Thank you very much for choosing us as your host hotel when you are in the area and glad to hear that you enjoy the service and the amenities. Carol is a great team member with a great host. We are working on getting a better and more clear signage to put out to for our guests.
Again thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Willows, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here for a baseball tournament that my son was playing in. Upon check-in, I was told that I would be in a first floor room...I asked the front desk lady if I could be moved to a higher floor. Even though they were completely sold out, she made sure that I was moved to a higher floor...and she couldn't have been nicer. We will defintely be staying here when we are in town again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dra12,
Thank you very much for choosing us as your host hotel and we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. With our extra value added amenities (Putting green, hot breakfast, table tennis, etc) and our great location we are the perfect place for travelling teams. We will always try our best to get the best rooms for all the teams and try to keep them together as well when requested. Again thank you for the opportunity to welcome you and we look forward to your next visit.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A group of us come to the Rancho Cordova, CA area every September for a golf tournament. We used to stay at the Hampton Inn off of Gold Center Drive. A few years ago, the Hampton Inn messed up our reservation; so we started staying at the Red Lion Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova. Over the years our group of six has now grown to a group of 12, due to the outstanding customer service and accomodations. We regularly stay on the 3rd floor of the hotel. We have yet to be disappointed by the room setups or the cleanliness of the our rooms or the hotel in general. The provide a outstanding breakfast with eggs, potatoes, bacon and sausage. Quite filling and provide early enough for us to make our early morning tee times.

The Manager's Welcome Reception on Wednesday is a very nice added bonus. It includes food and drinks for all the hotel guest. A group of us were sitting in the pool area when we were surprised by Janan, with a bottle of wine and treats. She didn't have to do this greatly appreciated act of customer service; however, she did. Sean, Carol and Claudia also went above and beyond the regular scope to assist in every way to make our week long stay very enjoyable.

I have been encouraging other members of our golf club to come enjoy the OUTSTANDING HOSPITALITY AND ACCOMODATIONS of the Red Lion Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova.

Room Tip: Request the third floor, the rooms are inside, quiet and very well maintained.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
RedLionInnGM, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rancho Cordova Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Bradlee67,
It was a true pleasure to welcome your group once again and be your host hotel andThank you very much for the kind feed back. It was realy nice to have you all here and we look forward to having you back again next year. We will make sure that we got the BBQ ready as well.
Again thank you very much for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you you again.
Willits, California
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend and found everything met our needs perfectly. The room was great, very comfortable and clean. The food was delicious and filling. The staff was very nice and accommodating. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I felt misled by all the positive reviews, because when I booked a room at this hotel, I was very disappointed. The receptionist had a really negative attitude from the moment I stepped in, not like when a person is just tired, but the attitude was really offensive. The hallways on third floor smelled old, the room smelled like cleaning chemicals, had dusty-looking carpeting, needed to be modernized and cleaned better. Did I just get the worst room because of late arrival?? Maybe some of them have been updated? I usually avoid making negative comments, but this time I felt so misinformed that I had to say something. However, I agree that location is great, there's lots of parking, and amenities seemed good, and it was very quiet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was our second stay and we weren't disappointed. Our room was beautiful - comfortable, good sized and clean. We stayed on a Saturday night and the property was sold out, but the room was incredibly quiet. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and plentiful. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple