“'non-smoking' room smelled of smoke, loiterers outside, not worth 4-stars”

Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed October 18, 2012

UUUggggghhh! Let me start by saying that It was a room. It had a bed, desk, tv, microwave, refrigerator, and a bathroom. However, it was HARDLY the 4-star rating everyone has given it. And it was NOT a 'superior king' room, as it was no bigger than any other basic hotel room. Curtains had rips, chair had stains and felt falling off the bottom. Less significant was the fact that the interior decor was crazy, with red/blue striped curtains that blew around with the AC on, the stained, blue chair had red polka dots, and then the comforter was tan and burgundy.

All of this I can tolerate, really I can. As I said, it was a room, it served its purpose. HOWEVER, I asked for non-smoking room; the room I received (123) was extremely strong smelling of smoke. There was no 'no smoking' sign evident anywhere in the room either. I understand they cannot prevent people from smoking, but at some point you need to realize during room maintenance that your room is now stuck with cigarette smoke smell. Either take measures to de-funk the room or let people know it stinks of smoke.

Lastly, there were some people loitering outside that seemed like they might be from the neighborhood. Unsavory characters, as that part of Rancho Cordova has gone downhill in the last 10 years. There was even a Target shopping cart outside of this room that I rented.

The hotel serves it's purpose, but if you are sensitive to smoke smells or worried about loiterers later at night, then you might want to go elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, and desire a non-smoking room, be prepared that you might endure some smoke s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank valerie m
Malhar J, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Valerie M,

We are extremely sorry for the bad experience you had while you stayed with us. Please be advice that we take careful measures to ensure our guest the safest place possible. Also, the ambiance you saw while you stayed at our hotel is not the typical one will find on a daily basis. On behalf of my team and I, we are deeply sorry that you had requested a non-smoking room and we gave a room which had a smoking smell, the room that we gave you, is a designated non-smoking room. I will personally talk each one of my employees about issues brought up by you. Thank you for all your feedback. It is with your feedback that we make improvements to better serve those future guests.

While my apologies cannot reverse the experience you had, I truly hope you’ll accept mine and return to us at Red Roof Inn, Rancho Cordova-CA. Should you choose to, please reach out to me directly so I may make sure you are properly taken care of. Should you have any more questions, you can contact me at (916) 638-2500.

Regards,
Malhar Joshi

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I found the room clean, the service refreshing, the amenities in perfect order, and the ambiance quite comfortable.I rested quite well which for a researcher writing a book on sleep is perhaps an understatement in terms of value. Dr John R. Engbeck.

Room Tip: 3rd floor for non wheelchair bound is the best spot
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John E
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Clean and tidy, good value for the money. Free internet with bearable speed.

All was good, except one thing - we waited for the receptionist ~10 minutes, and when he came he was rude and unwilling to give any service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jbaruch
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and I love it. It is very convientantly located near my business. Also restrauants, and shopping is walking distance. Very nice and clean rooms. Great stop for everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west have good views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick S
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The rates at the Red Roof Inn are reasonalbe and the customer service is really good. I am staying red roof inn every time i am in rancho cordova. Very convientantly located near restaurants and cofee house. Great location near HWY 50.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Arjun J
Malhar J, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Arjun J.,

Thank you for your valuable time and leaving us a review on TripAdvisor. It is always great to hear that a guest like you liked our customer service and our very reasonable rates. We are also glad to hear that, you choose us whenever you are in town and need accommodations. It was our pleasure to serve you and your family and we all look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Kindly,

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel in Rancho Cordova many of times before, now a Redi Card member. Which everyone should join, the more you stay the more you earn (free nights). All of my visits have been a pleasant stay and the staff has been courteous and helpful. Although, on this last visit I experienced was the best stay. I must say the front desk receptionist, whose name was Amanda, provided superior customer service. I appreciated her greeting me as I walk through the lobby door, despite her already helping other guests in front of me. I hate it when employee's don't say hi or greet you when they look at you. I didn't wait long to check in, she handled the line in a timley manner. When it time came for me to check in, she asked me if I wanted to take advantage of their promo deal before I could even say I wanted to participate. When selecting a room style, she explained the difference between each room including the perks each one had. I even recieved a promo to use on my next visit. Amanda was awesome, I hope she can help me everytime I come to stay there. ;-)The prices are always reasonable and the upgrades are nice, if I'm ever in the area this is the place I stay hands down. The TV's are a nice size but it would be nice to see those upgraded to LCD's. Probably would up the room costm but it be worth it. :-)

Room Tip: The deluxe queen room is a nice room for two, has close outlets to the bed to use your laptop. The b...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Francess T,

First of all, thank you so much for taking your valuable time and leaving a great review on TripAdvisor for our Rancho Cordova location. We are glad you found the rooms to your liking and we are also glad that all of your needs were taken care off by our entire staff and the recognition of Amanda will certainly be passed along to her and our entire staff. We are glad that you liked our RediCard membership as RediCard is one of the richest programs in the industry with rewards earned at only 6000 points. And, membership is FREE! and being a member there are so many other perks, like our members will be the first one to know about our exclusive offers and Red Hot Deals!

We look forward to seeing you again in the nearest future!

Regards,

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Iv been coming to redroof hotel for few years already i like it becouse of nice price and close by my area. Marina always helping me out good she a nice worked give her some props, other then that everything is fine.

Room Tip: If u dont smoke 209 is a nice not smoking room
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Malhar J, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Peter S,

Thank you for your time to post a review for Red Roof Inn, Rancho Cordova-Ca on Trip Advisor. I apologize that we did not meet and exceed your expectations. The good news that I would like to let you know is that we are expecting flat screen TVs in all of our rooms by end of this year. I will make sure to pass the recognition of Marina's efforts to her and our entire staff here at Red Roof Inn, Rancho Cordova-Ca.

We will see you soon, on your next stay with us!