UUUggggghhh! Let me start by saying that It was a room. It had a bed, desk, tv, microwave, refrigerator, and a bathroom. However, it was HARDLY the 4-star rating everyone has given it. And it was NOT a 'superior king' room, as it was no bigger than any other basic hotel room. Curtains had rips, chair had stains and felt falling off the bottom. Less significant was the fact that the interior decor was crazy, with red/blue striped curtains that blew around with the AC on, the stained, blue chair had red polka dots, and then the comforter was tan and burgundy.
All of this I can tolerate, really I can. As I said, it was a room, it served its purpose. HOWEVER, I asked for non-smoking room; the room I received (123) was extremely strong smelling of smoke. There was no 'no smoking' sign evident anywhere in the room either. I understand they cannot prevent people from smoking, but at some point you need to realize during room maintenance that your room is now stuck with cigarette smoke smell. Either take measures to de-funk the room or let people know it stinks of smoke.
Lastly, there were some people loitering outside that seemed like they might be from the neighborhood. Unsavory characters, as that part of Rancho Cordova has gone downhill in the last 10 years. There was even a Target shopping cart outside of this room that I rented.
The hotel serves it's purpose, but if you are sensitive to smoke smells or worried about loiterers later at night, then you might want to go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mather Airport, California State University, Sacramento VA Medical Center, Mercy San Juan Medical Center, Kaiser Hospital and Sacramento Convention Center. While in Rancho Cordova visit local attractions including the Sacramento Raceway Park, Travis Air Force Base, Sacramento Children's Museum, American River, Folsom Lake, Sutter's Fort, the Museum in Old Sacramento, the California State Railroad Museum, the Sacramento Zoo and Golden 1 Arena. ed Roof Rancho Cordova offers free WiFi and a flat screen TV in all guest rooms. We feature an outdoor unheated pool, a conference room (seats 10 - 15), a workout facility, a coin laundry facility and extended stay rooms. Most rooms offer microwave and refrigerator units. Experience our complimentary coffee-house style coffee and tea in the Lobby. We welcome your pet as a guest as one well behaved pet stays free. Welcome to Rancho Cordova and we invite you to be our guest at the Red Roof Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Red Roof Inn, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova
- Rancho Cordova Red Roof Inn