“Super clean room”

Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed August 31, 2011

The bed was very comfy and our room had an office. We used our 11th night free certificate for this stay and it was a pleasant one! Right off of hwy 50. Free WiFi.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank BeethovensLady

Reviewed August 25, 2011

The room smelt like someone had smoked in it even though it was a non smoking room. TV didnt work without having to jam a pen in the input on the front of the tv. Remote didnt work either and when i phoned reception they said they would bring one right away and after an hour and a half rang back to see if i had got the remote to work, she thing brought one to our room.
The night sleep was interrupted due to rude guests in bedrooms, constant arguing and swearing.
Would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We have stayed at the Burlingame CA Red Roof Inn several times. We expected this Red Roof Inn at Rancho Cordova CA to meet the standards of Red Roof Inn or similar to the Burlingame property.

We were extremely disappointed with Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova because:

No telephone.
No tv remote control, although upon request we received one promptly.
Leaf blowers at 6am.
No welcome mat.
No desk lamp.
No paper.
No pen.
No tourist info.
No room rate card.
No required emergency info.
No signage where the ice machine is located.
The bed spread smells.

After emailing the Manager of our concerns & if they intended to make it right, we haven't had a response back. Still awaiting a response from the corporate office.

"How will you make it right"? is Red Roof Inns motto...still waiting.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank hotelcritiqueCa
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This motel lodges construction workers who are very noisy, stay up late drinking in the hallways and are rude. I ended up in the room next to them and had 2 very bad nights. the management did change our room after calling security and a second call to the night manager. however, we should have never been assigned a room next to these men. Ask about this when checking in.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I chose this motel due to positive reviews on TripAdvisor. Boy, they were either employees or family of the manager.

The cost of this motel is reasonable - another attraction, and staying one night for an event I would say would be the limit. I would not recommend long stays or family stays.

The staff was friendly, but the room was to be a nonsmoking room. It had a musky, mildew smell to it and a faint odor of cigarette smoke - maybe not a big deal to some, but to those who are allergic it is. The bathroom floor was not clean, minimal amenities, including small shampoo packets and no conditioner, no hairdryer, and the water pressure in the shower was dismal. It was one of those soap up and take five minutes to rinse kind. The bathroom was in need of a good paint job at minimum.

When I pulled back my covers, a spider started darting across the sheet. Okay. Well, bugs like dark cool places, but in the bed? So, yeah, the rest of the night I kept imagining something crawling on me - a good night's sleep not! Not that it mattered a lot at this point, but I would not have slept much anyway due to somebody beside me or above that was snoring, and yes, the walls are thin.

Right across the parking lot was Hooters, so that was a concern for noise level, but what was noisy was something that sounded like a big rig outside my door all night. The next morning I saw the pool house and figured it was the pump.

The outside grounds were well kept and clean. There was no breakfast bar of any sort, and that's my fault for not noticing that when I booked it, but the savings I achieved by a lower room rate were lost in the cost of breakfast. They do have a coffee and hot chocolate machine, though, and surprisingly, it grinds the beans and makes some pretty good coffee!

Overall, there was nothing horribly wrong with this place, but I certainly could not give it a rave review, and the next time I am Sac, I'll stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Not by the pool, away from the freeway, 2nd floor.