“bad experience”

Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This motel lodges construction workers who are very noisy, stay up late drinking in the hallways and are rude. I ended up in the room next to them and had 2 very bad nights. the management did change our room after calling security and a second call to the night manager. however, we should have never been assigned a room next to these men. Ask about this when checking in.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 24, 2011

I chose this motel due to positive reviews on TripAdvisor. Boy, they were either employees or family of the manager.

The cost of this motel is reasonable - another attraction, and staying one night for an event I would say would be the limit. I would not recommend long stays or family stays.

The staff was friendly, but the room was to be a nonsmoking room. It had a musky, mildew smell to it and a faint odor of cigarette smoke - maybe not a big deal to some, but to those who are allergic it is. The bathroom floor was not clean, minimal amenities, including small shampoo packets and no conditioner, no hairdryer, and the water pressure in the shower was dismal. It was one of those soap up and take five minutes to rinse kind. The bathroom was in need of a good paint job at minimum.

When I pulled back my covers, a spider started darting across the sheet. Okay. Well, bugs like dark cool places, but in the bed? So, yeah, the rest of the night I kept imagining something crawling on me - a good night's sleep not! Not that it mattered a lot at this point, but I would not have slept much anyway due to somebody beside me or above that was snoring, and yes, the walls are thin.

Right across the parking lot was Hooters, so that was a concern for noise level, but what was noisy was something that sounded like a big rig outside my door all night. The next morning I saw the pool house and figured it was the pump.

The outside grounds were well kept and clean. There was no breakfast bar of any sort, and that's my fault for not noticing that when I booked it, but the savings I achieved by a lower room rate were lost in the cost of breakfast. They do have a coffee and hot chocolate machine, though, and surprisingly, it grinds the beans and makes some pretty good coffee!

Overall, there was nothing horribly wrong with this place, but I certainly could not give it a rave review, and the next time I am Sac, I'll stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Not by the pool, away from the freeway, 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank N0rCal_2010
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Service, location ,cleanliness, sleep quality, ,value=A-
Coffee bar=A+
Pool -NEEDS A JACUZI...... I RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL EVERYONE!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sandy32650
Reviewed December 25, 2010

Stayed due to positive reviews. Must say I enjoyed my stay. Clean rooms, very nice bathroom, comfortable location with plenty of stores around and minimal 'shady' types. I rated a 4 due to the unfriendly chick at the front desk and the closed access to the ice machine at 9pm. Free wireless internet was a plus.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank xthrashx
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stopped at this hotel without plannning ahead and were pleasantly surprised at the good value. AAA discount made it under $50.00 for the night. Clean, good bed, quiet and restful, laundry facilities on premise all made for a great stay. The staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank deena l
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Two queen beds, free wi-fi, nice room decor, large bathroom, and good A/C. Booked the room through Red Roof for $30.00 with AARP discount. I liked the modern decor and furnishings of the room. Decor was bright and lively.
The bathroom was very accommodating. Hair dryer and coffee pot. Tile flooring. Water was always hot. The only problem I had with our stay was the bed, not very comfortable. This is a two story property. The second story was closed for remodeling as well as the pool and spa. The property is some distance from downtown but located just off Hwy. 50.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GABoy63
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Still a Disaster Waiting to Occur!!

I have stayed at this Red Roof Inn in Rancho Cordova for three separate business visits. Due to my nature of work in Television News, I stay in many hotels. Motels including an unbelievable amount of nights at Red Roof Inn. While the cosmetic appearance of this property is appealing and the customer service is tolerable, once inside the room it’s a downhill experience. I try to be objective knowing that Red Roof Inn is a moderate property but little things do add up. The last two stays have convenience me that I will no longer stay in this Ranch Cordova property. Previously the room was not in working order with problems with the working order of the television buttons being abused and not repaired properly. The television reception was poor also. The carpet was basically in foul condition. What was disgusting was that the bed sheets had a greasy substance that was embedded in the linen and would not wash out. They continued to use them after being unable to wash or bleach the stains out. In my imagination at first glance of the stains where of some activity on those sheets with vaseline – not inviting to see when you want to retire to a nights sleep!! The four days there, I would leave a tip for the maid each day asking her to vacuum and leave extra towels, which was never done! The towels I assume were bleached white from a burlap material (sarcastic) as they had the softness of burlap and the appearance of being used in a carwash! This past trip was no better. I need a fridge to store insulin. Upon opening the fridge, it had an odor! I turned it on as it was off and it never cooled down! In fact I had to get two buckets of ice to keep the fridge cool. They should realize if a person needs a fridge, keep it turned on at least to low so it will be somewhat cool. Eight hours later the fridge was still warm. The buttons on the air conditioner where all punched in and it took me 10 minutes to get the heat turned on by finally using a pen to push the punctured vinyl buttons to the appropriate settings. Again the carpet was dirty and looked like a carpet in a car repair shop with dark stains patches in various locations. The tub would not drain and I had to turn off the water as I soaped up so I would not be in 4 inches of standing water as I showered. Forget the Wifi on this trip. It was so slow and give new meaning to WWW – world wide WAIT! I carried the laptop to various areas of the room to gain access and actually sent four emails while sitting on the throne in the bathroom as that was the best area to catch a connection. Overall I find this Red Roof Inn to be a disaster, foul and a disgrace to the Red Roof Inn Chain! I have never left a bad review for any property but this one deserves it. If you find a cardboard box in the area of this property, better off staying in that overnight and taking a sponge bath at the gas station! This property is a basically a dump!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim M
rri, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2010

Dear Sir or Madam,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your review of our property. Anytime we recieve feeback like yours it gives the staff and I the opportunity and motivation to make changes that affect each of our guests positively in the future.

That said, we have implemented changes that address the aforementioned complaints. In addition, Red Roof Inn will continue to improve with the goal of bringing more value and higher quality to each of our hotel guests.

Thank You, and we look forward to your stay with us.

James, General Manager