I chose this motel due to positive reviews on TripAdvisor. Boy, they were either employees or family of the manager.
The cost of this motel is reasonable - another attraction, and staying one night for an event I would say would be the limit. I would not recommend long stays or family stays.
The staff was friendly, but the room was to be a nonsmoking room. It had a musky, mildew smell to it and a faint odor of cigarette smoke - maybe not a big deal to some, but to those who are allergic it is. The bathroom floor was not clean, minimal amenities, including small shampoo packets and no conditioner, no hairdryer, and the water pressure in the shower was dismal. It was one of those soap up and take five minutes to rinse kind. The bathroom was in need of a good paint job at minimum.
When I pulled back my covers, a spider started darting across the sheet. Okay. Well, bugs like dark cool places, but in the bed? So, yeah, the rest of the night I kept imagining something crawling on me - a good night's sleep not! Not that it mattered a lot at this point, but I would not have slept much anyway due to somebody beside me or above that was snoring, and yes, the walls are thin.
Right across the parking lot was Hooters, so that was a concern for noise level, but what was noisy was something that sounded like a big rig outside my door all night. The next morning I saw the pool house and figured it was the pump.
The outside grounds were well kept and clean. There was no breakfast bar of any sort, and that's my fault for not noticing that when I booked it, but the savings I achieved by a lower room rate were lost in the cost of breakfast. They do have a coffee and hot chocolate machine, though, and surprisingly, it grinds the beans and makes some pretty good coffee!
Overall, there was nothing horribly wrong with this place, but I certainly could not give it a rave review, and the next time I am Sac, I'll stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mather Airport, California State University, Sacramento VA Medical Center, Mercy San Juan Medical Center, Kaiser Hospital and Sacramento Convention Center. While in Rancho Cordova visit local attractions including the Sacramento Raceway Park, Travis Air Force Base, Sacramento Children's Museum, American River, Folsom Lake, Sutter's Fort, the Museum in Old Sacramento, the California State Railroad Museum, the Sacramento Zoo and Golden 1 Arena. ed Roof Rancho Cordova offers free WiFi and a flat screen TV in all guest rooms. We feature an outdoor unheated pool, a conference room (seats 10 - 15), a workout facility, a coin laundry facility and extended stay rooms. Most rooms offer microwave and refrigerator units. Experience our complimentary coffee-house style coffee and tea in the Lobby. We welcome your pet as a guest as one well behaved pet stays free. Welcome to Rancho Cordova and we invite you to be our guest at the Red Roof Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Red Roof Inn, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova
- Rancho Cordova Red Roof Inn