“Horrendous Housekeeping”

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Orange ,California
“Horrendous Housekeeping”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I always try to see the bright side of things but this Hotel has the worst housekeeping I've ever seen . 4:30 pm we returned and my parents room was untouched and our room was lacking towels after it had been cleaned. . We had to call for toilet paper at 9 at night . The topper was on checkout we were doing our check to make sure no kids clothes toys etc were left behind and what do I find under the duster on the bed A Hypodermic Needle Full of Medicine . Are you kidding me !!!! We took it to the front deck and requested to speak to management , but no one was onsite so I asked that they call me the next day to discuss this and as of today ( 12 days later ) I am still waiting on that call . IHG Corporate is not the least but thrilled when I notified them .

Stayed July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Dear Rknunkl,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to your response and be of further assistance.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I will only stay at this hotel when we are in town. The service is amazing, the rooms are great, and the price can't be beat. We have actually changed our trip plans around availability at this hotel. The front desk staff is very accommodating to all your needs. Five star hotel for a reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kims6767
Lone Grove, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I've just returned from another business trip to this area and stayed at my favorite hotel. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn at Rancho Cordova numerous times over the last few years. I've also stayed at several of the surrounding top level hotels/competitors.

But time after time, this continues to be my favorite place to stay.

Between the very nice staff, excellent housekeeping, wonderful mattress-pillows-bedding and the great location. It is my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall towards the stairwells have more foot & door traffic noise. I alway...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed 2 different nights and then added a 3rd due to a change in business plan. Front Desk was as smooth as any...even in the dream......Housekeeping was fast and effective, as our room was first class every afternoon we returned after the day out and about. Location is perfect for contacts in Rancho Cordova.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jaded-Bird
White Haven
Reviewed June 21, 2014

stayed here for 4 nites recently while visiting relatives. staff was extremely cordial and helpful during our entire visit. rooms were clean and everything was in good working order. there is a Starbucks in the bar/restaurant area. room was quiet and beds were comfortable. the only downside that we encountered was that the bar closes at 9pm. if you are in the mood for a nightcap, you'll need to go elsewhere

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tutter2
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My son's rowing team stayed at the Holiday Inn during the US Rowing Youth Nationals last week. I travel frequently for work and usually stay at Hyatt, Marriott or Hiltons. The Holiday Inn Rancho Cordova however was cleaner and more comfortable than any of those! Toni Mack was very helpful as we prepared for our trip to California. Once there, the staff could not have been kinder and more welcoming. We loved the early morning buffet breakfasts and the beautiful pool and hot tub to soak the kids sore muscles in.....also grateful for the washer and dryer to clean their racing suits! Housekeeping did a great job taking care of us...the beds were clean and comfortable every night. We slept great. Thank you so much. WE will definitely choose this hotel again when our travels take us to Rancho Cordova!

Room Tip: The hotel was very quiet at night but I would ask to be away from an ice machine if you are a light...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank GreaterDaytonRowing
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our team recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 4 days. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff was professional and very friendly and we felt welcomed by all. Enrique and the entire wait staff were pleasant and efficient. Holly and everyone at the front desk were helpful and kind. And as the team's travel coordinator I had the pleasure of working with Toni Mack, Sales Manager. I rarely see someone as efficient and such a pleasure to work with as Toni. Thank you everyone for making our stay so enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business