“Very disappointed”

Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Typically the holiday inn is a great place to stay. But I'm very disappointed. I looked for a hotel with a pool and hot tub, which is why I stayed here. A letter in the room outlines amenities and lists the pool. The front desk informs you that the pool and hot tub are closed. I asked for a room with a jacuzzi tub, filling the tub and ready for a soak, the jets aren't working. I inform the front desk, as they investigate I hit the gym. The gym is ill equipped with only treadmill and elliptical machines and the tv is stuck on cold case crime tv. I see the front desk, no one has a remote or knows how to work the television. After the gym they decide to move me into another room, it's the same room with a jacuzzi tub. The tub works and is so loud it sounds like a tractor, the carpet is loose and has lumps in it, and there is a plug in the sink. I will be moving out tomorrow, not recommending this place. The only reason it's getting 2 stars is because the front desk were friendly.

Room Tip: Wait until they remodel before staying
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Sac... R, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Holiday Inn Sacramento, Rancho Cordova. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your comments have been reviewed by the hotel’s management and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will continue to use Holiday Inn hotels as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from InterContinental Hotels Group Hotels.

Management at Holiday Inn Rancho Cordova

Reviewed February 8, 2013

From check in to check out, this hotel is GREAT! Front desk staff and all employees are friendly and attentive to travelers needs. I am in hotels approx. 130 nights per year and spend at least 38 of them here. Whether your on business or pleasure, this one won't disappoint.

Room Tip: South side of the building is a good bet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Sac... R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments. We truly appreciate the praise you have given us. We depend on guest feedback to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to welcoming you next time you are in the Sacramento area.

Management at Holiday Inn Rancho Cordova

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel was great to me and my travel partner. They let us check in early and they dried my laundry for me because the dryers were broken. Also the room was clean and comfortable.
A great place to stay!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Would absolutely stay here again. Very clean, nice people. They really seem to all want to go the extra mile. They even asked me if there was something they could have done better? I have never been asked that before. I think that question says a lot! I was impressed.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

For the most part a room is a room. The fancy lobby's mean the room is just more expensive. I stay 50 nights a year in hotels and this one just stood out. The front desk staff was not only friendly and courteous, but helpful in every way. The night staff recommended a menu item that turned out to be fantastic! (Chicken penne pasta). The morning staff was pleasant and was genuinely concerned about how the stay was. The room was clean, fresh, modern and the complimentary slippers was wonderful surprise. Then there is the bed. What can I say other than if there was a way to take it with me I would have!!!! Comfortable beyond description.. The ventilation unit was very quite which all added up to the best hotel sleep I've had in years. Thank you for a great property and staff. I can't wait for the next time I'm in Sacramento. I know for sure a great nights sleep awaits me.

Room Tip: I would hope they are all like mine
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Sac... R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sacramento Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the Holiday Inn Rancho Cordova.
We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.
We are always pleased to received praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you.
Your comments will be share with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn a leader in excellence.
Once again, thank you for thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Rancho Cordova Sacramento.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This Holiday Inn is a full-service hotel, and an oldish property, but it has been fully renovated, and is quite nice. It is clean too. The A/C and heat in the room worked well, and although the unit was a really old dinosaur, it was quiet. The internet was fast, but required a log-in every time you re-connect. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. The bathroom had a nice jetted tub/shower combo, but the one light was weak and it was very dark in the shower with the curtain drawn. I spent a little time in the heated spa tub, located outside under a covered area. It's a large spa with room for many. The pool is not heated and was very very cold this time of year. One additional surprise was the sauna located next to the outdoor spa - these are rare to find outside of resorts, and it was nice to sit and sweat for a while in the quiet sauna with the cold and rain outside. Breakfast was included in my room rate, and was limited to a basic choice of eggs and bacon/sausage with breakfast potatoes, plus serve-yourself OJ, toast, and fruit. The restaurant is themed "The Venitian Court" however I did not eat there for dinner. It's a safe bet you'll get a better room rate here than at the Marriott next door, if you're looking for a good value in this area.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The staff at Holiday Inn have consistently provided our Marriage Encounter meetings with exceptional service. They are extremely capable at providing for our needs which are special and different from most groups. I highly recommend any group consider this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business