“The taste has changed on the Chicken Teryiaki”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nippon Teriyaki Bowl
Ranked #78 of 157 Restaurants in Rancho Cordova
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been going here for years but today somelthing was different. The Teryiaki is usually flame grilled and I wasnt tasting that. It was just plain cooked chicken. The rice was even bland. I know knew owners took over but why mess up what people are used to?

2  Thank Patty B

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I have been going to Nippons restaurant in Rancho Cordova for over 5 years now and I had not had any problems until December 10th 2011. So I go get my weekly usual, the male ower rings my order up and his wife proceeds to fix my order. She proceeds to pack the rice from the warmer and then takes what she says is burnt rice off my plate with her BARE HANDS. Then packs another spoon full of rice on top. Wow I could not believe what i just seen. This is the funny part. She hurrys to the back w
ith my food and comes back with one glove on her left hand. I had to call her out!! The bad part is she denied it and got upset, mad and walked off saying something in her language while her husband offered to re fix my plate. Nawwwww bruh! I need my money back and I left! EAT THERE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Reviewed October 13, 2008

I took taz's advice and tried the chicken teriyaki - awesome! I loved the teryiaki sauce! The dish also comes with a vegetable side so I chose the dill potatoes. Now, dill potatoes may seem like an odd combo with chicken teryaki but they were darn good anyway! We also tried the spring roll appetizer - not a fan.

Bottom line - I'd definitely go back. I'll stay away from the spring rolls next time though :-)

Reviewed February 6, 2008

My husband and I have been going to Nippon for 4-5 years and it is so good. The staff is very friendly and the restaurant is clean. I would recommend the teriyaki chicken and as the side the dill potatoes with ranch. It is so yummy!! The sauce is homemade and oh so delicious!