“Good food, service is OK, would go again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nimbus Road
Sacramento
“Good food, service is OK, would go again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

First of all, just to be clear, I'm not a sushi fan. And quite frankly, Japanese food is typically not my cuisine of choice; but we have friends that are big sushi eaters so they often opt for Japanese food. That means that I will usually be eating teriyaki chicken or salmon.

However, I have to say that I really enjoyed Samurai Sushi. The menu had many good options besides teriyaki and bowl dish I ordered was great. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the dish and they have no website so I couldn't see a menu, but it was very good. Service is average, but no real complaints, the price was reasonable.

The only real complaint I would have is parking. The Friday night we went it was very crowded. The parking lot was not only full, but there were several cars in the same predicament trying to find a space. But there were none and nobody was leaving. The restaurant next door has ample parking but it is clearly posted for their use only and they do tow. The hotel next door is the only other option which many of us took and we were luckily not towed. There is no street parking.

Other than that, it was a good experience, especially for a person who is not particularly fond of Japanese food. By the way, our sushi eating friends loved the sushi!

The atmosphere is pretty standard for a Japanese restaurant, a bit loud but not too bad considering how crowded it was.

Overall, a good experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Appalling service - I walked out”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch with a colleague. Place wasn't that busy. Took for ever to get 2 ice teas and after 55 minutes when the veggie roll didn't come out we got up and left
We were completely ignored - I will never return

Denver, Colorado
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The restaurant is convenient to the Comfort Inn and Suites. The menu is large with a lot of variety. The wait staff was very good and gave suggestions on meal choices and was very attentive. The prices are a litle high, but the food preparation was very good. I would recommend this restaurant and would go there again.

Visited December 2012
Plano, Illinois
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

The place is not cheap, but it rivals the best places in town in terms of creativity and quality. Especially good is the menu, which goes well beyond sushi and sashimi (for those who prefer more "American" Japanese food like pork, chicken, etc. The service is great and the place has a nice feel to it.

Visited January 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
“Fan"freakin"tabulous!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Have driven past the restaurant to many times to count, but decided today that it was time to try a new place and what a find!!!! Justin was our server and he was very nice and helpful. We only had sushi rolls, but they were in a word amazing!!! Some of the best sushi rolls I have had in quite some time. The Poki Maki was fanstastic, Wakemi salad on top of the roll was a great new idea. The other rolls we had were equally great, but the show stopper was the Forever Samuri Sauce!!!! It was amazing and ended up on just about every piece of roll eaten. Also great was the Miso soup that I had was great too, not to salty and the tofu was tasty and had the consistency of hand pressed (very firm) tofu. Total experience great! Will definitely be back and looking forward to trying some of the rest of the menu as well.

• Visited August 2012