“Lobsta Time”

Rudy's Hideaway Lobster House & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudy's Hideaway Lobster House & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hazel @ US 50
Transit: Light rail stop is located one block away.
Folsom, California
“Lobsta Time”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very much enjoyed a dinner at Rudy's last week with friends. Being in the mood for Atlantic Lobster, and with Rudy's having a Lobster special on the menu for the month of September (chowder or salad, Atlantic Lobster, and choice of potato for $21.95), 10 of us met for dinner. The service was very good, attentive, but not overly so. The food was very good. My lobster was cooked perfectly (and I know my lobsta). If you are in the mood for Atlantic Lobster - and eating one in Maine is not an option, this is the place!

• Visited September 2013

Galt
“Good place for Maine lobster”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just a passerby for 50 years, we decided to try Rudy's for lobster on a Friday for lunch. We were greeted at the front door and seated instantly; not many customers. Walking through the older style, seafood place one is transported back the 50's-60's. That is part of the charm. Neat old tables and art. Older, bar crowd and customer base appeared to be the order. Our waitress Robin was helpful and attentive. My wife and I ordered the full lobster. Garlic mashed taters were only available at dinner. We wondered if two dinners would be too much (we are not big eaters) it wasn't. Not much meat there. The clam chowder was my favorite part 5outa5. Good overall, we wouldn't drive 40 minutes to go again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank sonnybear47
sacramento
“Remember-it's a lobster place!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Having beeen in Maine last year, and reading about another year of record harvest we thought we would do the Thursday night lobster special. Rudy's is an old school lobster place. Once you are inside you could be in Atlantic City, NJ for all you know. We began with a well made martini and a bottle of local sauvignon blanc (Boeger) and the calamari. The calamari is strips of squid, no tenacles, the cocktal sauce could use a kick. I've had better. The one pound lobster was great, served with clarified butter. We chose coleslaw instead of carbs and it was delicious. I have been told by others, order lobster and you can't go wrong. They were right. and go when it's on special- a real bargain. Chocolate mousse, the old fashioned creamy style, very good. Our server, Brandi, was a delight!

• Visited August 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good seafood and service, but ambiance lowers rating”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Greeting and order taking: Took order in reasonable amount of time.
Food preparation time: Reasonable.
Food quality and taste: Very good
Service overall: Very good. Very friendly and helpful staff.
Portions: Decent size. May have some to take home.
Time of day: Went for dinner.
Prices: Good
Customers: Mostly older local people the time I visited.
Location: For someone on business trip, not very familiar with the area
it seemed to be in low-rent area.
Ambiance: Seemed dated, and bit dingy. Reminded me of the local seafood places in Maine and New England. Not much on decor, but good food, Owner should spend some money on sprucing up the place.

I liked food and service. People I was with did not like their food, and did not want to ever go back.

• Visited June 2013
Lemoore, California, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you for such a WONDERFUL TIME.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This Place is Older but has Great Charm. My Parents use to love to eat here when I was very small. Now in my 50's I had a chance to introduce this Restaurant to my Friends. We had Ronnie as our waiter and he was so Pleasant. We had the Lobster and Prime Rib. Cozy inside / Older Outside. Nice Dining space and Our dinner was so Nice and Tasty we will be back again and again. Thank You.

• Visited July 2013