“Better Than It's Predecessor”
Review of Sheepherder Bar & Grille - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sunrise Blvd
Transit: Sunrise Blvd. Light Rail
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I remember the old family-style Sheepherder Restaurant and this new incarnation is a far cry from it. We started with cocktails. I had the chocolate mint martini and last a blue drink. I can't remember what my sweetie had, but he also selected from the specialty cocktails. Our party of 4 each order a different entree, but two had the soup of the day. The spicy tomato bacon pasta was amazing as was the lobster pot pie. My sweetie and I finished each other's entrees. Our friends had the shepherd's pie and jambalaya. Everyone raved about their food. We shared a pumpkin cheesecake and something else. This was one of the best meals we've had in quite some time.

2  Thank sactokaren

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My coworkers and I ate at Sheepherder Bar & Grille for dinner last week. We all tried different entrees as varied as steak and shepherd's pie. I had a cup of clam chowder and the lemon roasted chicken, and both options were tasty. The service was a little slow, but we were in no hurry - luckily. I would definitely dine here again.

1  Thank Tap49Dancer
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went here for a business dinner and my colleague ended up apologising to our guest. Service was practically non existant - we had 3 different servers - surely in this age when so many are unemployed they coudl find more help?
Took forever to get even a menu, forever to get a glass of iced tea.
Our main course came out first, then my soup and then the appetizers - someone read the order in reverse
Food was ok - plain - nothing fancy - had the Shepherds pie
Soup - chicken tortilla - again nothing special
Menu is very very limited

2  Thank Tribesman5398
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Dinner here was good. At first, our server did not tell us of all the specials of the day (not on menu). I had the halibut and my spouse had lamb shanks, which she overheard another waiter telling his table of the day's special. She then had our waiter summoned and changed her order. I must say that the Halibut was very tasty, but skimpy. The lamb shanks were very good. Would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Went there for drinks and dinner May 2013 and June 2013 with 3 business associates.

Greeting and order taking........Took order in reasonable amount of time.
Food preparation time..............Reasonable.
Food quality and taste.............Very good
Service overall..........................Very good. Very friendly and helpful staff.
Portions:...................................Decent Size.
Noise Level...............................Reasonable .
Prices:......................................A bit pricey but as expected for California.
Customers:...............................Middle upper class clientele.
Location: ..................................Near hotels and business park.
Ambiance:.................................Very nice; upscale; bar and grille.