“Pretty good for a hotel restaurant”
Review of Formaggio

Formaggio
Reserve with OpenTable
Formaggio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 145 Restaurants in Rancho Cordova
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Formaggio Taverna & Patio is an upscale Rancho Cordova, CA, restaurant in a casual yet contemporary setting featuring savory Cal-Italian cuisine alongside various wines and signature cocktails.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had the special. Food was tasty, served hot and good. Service was great. They really seemed to want treat everyone the same even though I was a party of one this evening. Recommend this for the business traveler when you need a good inner with good service.

Dear Rodney,
Thank you for visiting our Formaggio Restaurant. We appreciate your comments regarding the quality of food and service. Our associates have a "passion for service" and respect for all guests whether dining as a single or a large party. I am pleased that you found our service
"great." I will definitely pass the positive comments on to our restaurant team.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The food is very good and the service is excellent. They bring it to the table quickly and the chef even comes to say hello.

Dear Cheryl,
Thank you for your comments regarding Formaggio. We take great pride in the quality of our
food and service. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience. We look forward to a return visit from you.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and sister-in-law had dinner there while I was at the George Strait concert. Just as our last dinner there, the food was outstanding. It's just not polite to lick the plate in public. We were surprised how good Formaggio was the first time we ate there - and it was not a fluke. My husband was the one who made the comment about licking the plate. Excellent selection of wine.

1  Thank lanie101
Gina H, Manager at Formaggio, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your visit to Formaggio.

I’m so pleased that the George Strait weekend wrapped up with a palate pleasing

dining experience! We hope you join us again, soon.

Gina Haskell

Food & Beverage Manager

Formaggio Restaurant

Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova

Reviewed December 17, 2012

In Sacramento on training, I was looking for a nearby good quality establishment to eat. Consulitng TripAdvisor, Formaggio showed up as 2 miles away, and rated as #3, so off I went. Electing to walk from my accomodations, I had quite an appetite when I arrived. I'm pleased to report that the effort was worth it. I had the Pepperoni Pizza, and it was one of those dishes that actually tasted better as I ate it. That doesn't happen often, but it happened here. The service was excellent as well. Well done Formaggio.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

dessert was fabulous! The staff is great! It's always so wonderful & convenient as a business traveller to have a restaurant in a hotel that serves great food!

Gina H, Manager at Formaggio, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Alvin,
I'm sorry your club sandwich was such a disappointment. We take great pride in providing quality food and service at Formaggio, and we surely missed the mark here. I will definitely bring it to the attention of both our kitchen staff, as well as service staff, as we are all responsible for delivering a memorable guest experience. I do hope you will consider another visit to our restaurant.