“An All Right Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Rancho Cordova
GreenLeadersSilver level
Willits, California
“An All Right Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Mode our reservations online through Choice Privileges online, then later modified them via phone. Room was clean & check-in went fine. We stayed two nights.
The property is older & in need of some "upgrading". E.g., some of the outlets in the rooms won't hold a plug firmly. The rooms are not configured for laptop usage. No outlets on the lamps, etc. The wireless was not working at all the first night. After re-setting the router the next morning, it was OK. But - it is via satellite & therefore slow. (Faster than dial-up, but slow nonetheless - a function of internet via satellite, not the hotel's fault.)
The General Manage (& new owner I think) was very friendly & helpful, but had only been there about 1.5 weeks. Housekeeping blew it the first day by never getting to our room at all. Think they're going through some adjustments.
Breakfast is standard for Comfort brand. OK, but nothing to shout about.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Mitul T, Owner at Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad to hear about your stay with us and we appreciate the valuable feedback. We continue to improve on our guests experience and your valuable feedback helps us make progress in positive direction. Thank you again for taking time to give us your feedback. We appreciate it very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We would suggest a different color of paint for the exterior of this hotel, as this particular color of hot orange, on first impression, makes this hotel appear very old and tired. Once we got by that first exterior impression; surprisingly, we found the interior of this hotel to be clean and comfortable and the rooms very nice. The morning breakfast is very good; products fresh and the area kept very clean. Unfortunately, both times we stayed, within a 2 month period; the pool was closed for repairs and it was still hot in Sacramento.
We were, however, impressed with the staff, very helpful and eager to make our stay comfortable. The hotel has easy access to local freeways, downtown Sacramento, good shopping and fishing nearby on the River. There are several excellent restaurants nearby, with a mile or less. We will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate feedbacks from our guests to help us improve on how we can provide our future guests an even more pleasant experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon.
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Worst hotel experience ever! Made a reservation directly through their website and received confirmation that my room, 2 double beds, nonsmoking, would be guaranteed until 7 the next morning. I arrived after midnight, tired from driving for 5 1/2 hrs. The attendant checked me in and had me sign the agreement to not smoke in the room or I would be charge the cleaning fee. When I opened the door to the room, it smelled like the bottom of a dirty ashtray and only had 1 bed and was disgustingly dirty! When I told the attendant that my wife had asthma and there were 3 of us and the room was unacceptable, she basically said they oversold and that was all they had. She offered 10% off and that I could take it or leave it. I left it and found that everything was booked except for 1 room in a Days Inn. A few days later, they sent me a survey which I filled out honestly and ended up getting a call from their general manager who assured me that he would look into it and get back to me. The way he got back to me was, I received 5 copies of the same automated email apologizing and asking for another chance. They do not care if you have a room reservation. If they think you might not show up, they will resell your room and charge you if you don't show up. I would highly recommend to steer clear of this place!

Room Tip: I have always had great experiences at Comfort Inns until this one. There are plenty of better hotel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anthony R
First of all i would like to apologize the issue that you had when you arrived at the property. Due to issues beyond our control we were unable to accommodate you at our property and due to it's being a busy weekend we were able to accommodate you at any other property close to us as they were sold out as well. I had personally called you to understand what had exactly happened and apologized. Due to incident we have made some changes in our reservation and inventory policy so this doe not happen any more in the future. Thank you again for your feedback and helping us improve our guest experience.
Lincolnshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Rooms better than expected although we were issued 3 rooms by friendly but incompetent staff.
First room was not available on time, when we were given the key over an hour later the room was not the correct bed configuration. Returned to reception, new room issued by different member of staff - which turned out to be occupied. Could have been embarrassing. 3rd attempt a success.

Hotel next to very busy freeway, not for the light sleepers!

Pool small and cold due to the time of year. Around 25 minutes drive from All Outdoors Rafting which was the reason for the stay.

Breakfast OK but we found staff were packing up the breakfast stuff half-hour early due to lack of guests - not ideal if you're planning to visit just before end of service as you wouldn't get any!

All in all, hotel decent for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the Freeway!
Green Features: If it has any, I didn't notice Hotel no different form any other visited.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

At first sight , the hotel looked a bit dated \ rundown and my heart sank a bit but the hotel is well ran and clean and lacked nothing. In the morning I enjoyed a sensational run from Nimbus point which is just around the corner . It is heavily used but gives spectacular views over the lake
The price I paid was reasonable so no reason not to return !
Would like to have checked out Nimbus winery which is just a block away

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed in suite 331 facing the courtyard. The room is fine. Its clean, roomy and bed is comfortable. Shower pressure was okay. Internet speeds were decent when you can get connected. TV image quality was a bit blurry but had a decent channel selection. Breakfast was typical of Comfort Inn. Pool looks clean. Grounds seem to be maintained well.

However, several things left a sour taste in my experience. I had to go through several rooms before I got a decent one. The first room (322) had a gap under the door that let in sound and wind to come in. The 2nd room (325) I got was in a designated smoking area. In each of the rooms the door lock had problems being opened with the room key. Even the final room I got had problems with the door lock. When I went to tell the front desk staff about it (I think her name is Jasmine), I told her that it was the room key that was the problem and asked her if she could give me a new key. She got annoyed and told me not to tell her what to do, adding that everyone was telling her what to do. This is not acceptable behaviour of someone in customer service. I was offended by her behaviour to say the least.

I should mention though that the manager Eva was very accommodating and each issue that I brought to her attention she tried to fix. I should also mention that the maintenance guy has extremely poor english so when I was trying to have the door problem fixed it was very difficult to communicate what he wanted me to do.

Though the manager was great and the room good that encounter with Jasmine ruined my experience which really goes to show how important customer service is!

Room Tip: Room 331 was not only facing the courtyard it was also facing away from the interstate.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank shazam10
Genoa, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I found this property to be very comfortable to visit. Room was clean, bed and linens were super.
The staff and front desk personnel could not of been nicer! It was also quiet and pet friendly. I would call this property a real winner.

Room Tip: I had room 133 it was right by the pool and very quiet......
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cordova
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rancho Cordova Inn
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rancho Cordova/folsom
Larkspur Landing Folsom
Hampton Inn & Suites Folsom
Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sacramento
Red Roof Inn Rancho Cordova - Sa...
#12 of 17 in Rancho Cordova
3.5 of 5 stars 166 reviews
Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova? Share your experiences!