“quantity, not quality”

New Panda Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
“quantity, not quality”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

On this return visit, I was very disappointed. There is a super large selection (they advertise over 150 choices daily), but the quality is poor. Many entrees taste similar. The fresh fruit was literally tasteless -- which is pretty hard to accomplish in southern California. There is now a DIY chocolate fountain, with skewers and marshmallows provided. Many patrons chose to bring over a plate of strawberries to cover and that looked like fun. Currently, the lunch buffet is $8.99, the dinner buffet is $12.99, and the weekend buffet (Friday -Sunday, all day) is $13.99. Our water glasses were never refilled, but our plates were whisked away quickly. My highlight was the wrapped fortune cookie at the end of our meal.

• Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
San Diego, CA
“Run Away as Fast as You Can-- and that isn't fast enough!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We decided to try this local restaurant because many other favorite options were closed when we arrived at 8:40pm. They said they were open until 10pm. Although a bit pricey for adults at 13.99 + drinks, the kids were $1 per year which was reasonable.

We were seated quickly and the drinks were normal. The food was disgusting. It had been sitting out for hours and was either dry, congealed, coagulated, or worse. I am 9 months pregnant and tried to eat only veggies and rice as I was sure to be ill from the other options. As soon as we filled a plate, they started packing up the buffet and cleaning-- not a very welcoming sign when it is all you can eat.

The desserts were just as hard, bad, unappealing. I was actually shocked by the restaurant's poor quality cuisine and not "A" standard cleanliness.

When the manager/owner?? came to ask how everything was, I was completely honest and said how old and disgusting everything was. I think he was in shock-- but I am not one to lie. He did do the right thing and refunded my meal. I will never go back.

They then asked us to leave at 9:32pm out a side door because they had started pouring water on the entry way and bathrooms to clean. My daughter was still eating her dessert. We did leave that way, but there was no true exit and the ground was unlevel. I tripped and fell. If the baby is hurt-- you can believe me they will also be hurting.

There are many wonderful eating establishments in Rancho Bernardo-- in the same mall you can have excellent freshly cooked Chinese at Hunan, delicious Greek at Pegasus, classy Japanese at Akai Hana and top notch cuisine at Urge or the Barrel Room. Turn around and choose one of these and if they are not open, Coco's and Denny's will be happy to receive you!

• Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“Gone downhill.”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Wasn't nearly as fresh or varied as I remember, disappointing.

V
“a little disappointing..............”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I got an add in the mail. The pictures were beautiful. The actual place was not so hot.
The food wasn't bad, it just wasn't too great. I ate and it wasn't expensive. We had a coupon to buy one meal and get one for half. They did have crab legs as pictured. The did have pretty good sushi. It was noisey with lots of kids making lots of noise.

There are just to many good places to eat to make a second visit to this one.

• Visited May 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“save your money”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

we use to visit this buffet monthly when we lived in the area. recently on a trip back we stopped for dinner, what a mistake. this place was empty and now we know why. gets a one star as a couple of dishes were ediable. the cold shrimp were mushy, too old. the fried shrimp were hard, over cooked as was the dish next to it, not sure what this was. service was below average, most staff just standing around and talking to themselves. another younger couple was eating the crab legs and i needed to take them a shell cracker as the staff was oblivious to them trying to do this by hand. save your money, go elsewhere.

• Visited April 2012