“An old downtown cafe, deep in history, with the greatest cinnamon buns”
Review of Ramona Cafe

Ramona Cafe
Ranked #9 of 57 Restaurants in Ramona
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 3, 2013

There's a sign outside this old place, bragging out the 1/2-pound cinnamon buns being the greatest ever, so we had to go in.

They were right! Oh boy were they right! And other breakfast stuff was very good, too -- coupled with low prices (out of the high-rent district, 45 miles from San Diego) -- and I'm wishing they had an annex here on the Monterey Peninsula.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had a very enjoyable experience at Ramona Cafe. We happened to catch it during a fairly slow time so we had really good, fast service. I had the chicken fried steak and it was by far one of the best chicken fried steaks that I have ever had. The accompanying mashed potatoes and gravy were also really good. The side of corn looked kind of boring but was actually sweet and delicious. My husband had the fried chicken cordon bleu and he loved it. Both items came with yummy bread and soup or salad. I took a cinnamon roll to go and it was amazing, I highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Ended up trying this place out for breakfast since our favorite Kountry Kitchen was closed. Everything was good, chicken fried steak was excellent, pancakes were not as good as Kountry Kitchen's but were good as well. We shared a giant cinnamon roll, super sweet and gooey as expected! Comfort food, diner food.Portions were huge, server was very friendly.

1  Thank _megameg_1
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had the vegetable omlette and pancakes. Enough for several meals. Very tasty. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were on our way to a blues concert next door at the Ramona Main Stage Theater for the first time and grabbed a bite to eat at the local cafe with a great menu with choices galore. Entrees were generous and good tasting in a homegrown atmosphere. Good stop for those who want to grab a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner on the way to or from Julian.

1  Thank regener8us

Been to Ramona Cafe? Share your experiences!