“Not Clean!”

Ranked #48 of 58 Restaurants in Ramona
Ramona, California
“Not Clean!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

After the new owner took over from Sizzler there were a few inconsistencies which I attributed to the change over, so we were patient and tried back a few more times.

Consistently the staff does not clean tables off immediately, in fact there are usually dirty tables when we arrive and after eating are still sitting untouched when we leave. Other issues with cleanliness include: debris on floor, staff touching inside food containers and/or setting one salad bar container inside another to carry out to deliver "fresh" food which is now contaminated with whatever was on the bottom of the other container.

The last visit (and final straw as it were), while I was waiting for the rest of my party to arrive I viewed a customer coughing all over the counter, his hands/arms, and putting his hands in his pants... then he went over to the salad bar and started touching everything. No one did anything at all to ask him to please cover his mouth, wash his hands before touching the food, or at least replacing and washing anything he had touched. I know I don't want some dude's sweaty, butt hands touching my salad. With a salad bar the restaurant has to be very carful about contamination and cleanliness.

Needless to say I left and told our group we were going to have to go elsewhere for dinner, which they definitely agreed with. I thought I would try and call and inform the owner, in an attempt to allow them the opportunity to make proper changes, but the phone rang 25 times and no one picked up at all. There were at least 4 staff there at the time that I saw myself and only 2 customers (including gross guy), so there is no reason for ignoring a call. There wasn't even a voice mail where I could leave a message.

This place fails completely and none of us will be going back. I would avoid it too, if you don't want to pick up some disease.

So sad because Ramona really needs more good places to eat.

Visited May 2014

San Diego County
“Not one of our favorites”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have been here many times, both when it was the Sizzler and after the change to RVG. The portion sizes got smaller and food consistency is only so-so now. The salad bar is about the same, and still my wife's favorite, although the dressings on occasion seemed to be water down and thin. Staff are friendly and efficient and restaurant has always been clean and even the salad bar kept up. We look for fresh lettuce, which is often not the case at many salad bars, and this one is average to above average.

• Visited March 2014
Remington, Indiana
“A great place for a nice meal”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stopped here on a Saturday night with a group of Four couples and we had an entrée with the soup and salad bar. The food was fresh it was very delicious the service was great and we enjoyed ourselves very much.

We heartily recommend this restaurant to anyone that is in this area for any reason. It appears that it has changed ownership has been renovated and it certainly was a nice dining experience.

• Visited February 2014
Ramona, California
“No Stars”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

running out of food on New Years day ( Rips; Steak) is not acceptable in my opinion.
The owner advertised that he discontinued the Sizzler Franchise because he wants to do more of his own menus. I'm a 30 year plus Ramona Resident and never had the Sizzler run out of any food I ordered. Ramona Valley Grill? with no Steaks and Rips? On New Year?
LOL.

Visited January 2014
Sandpoint, Idaho
“Great Salad Bar”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was a Sizzler and they kept it almost the same. Great price, neat and clean, fresh food, friendly servers. Love the salad bar...

Visited January 2014