“San Vicente Golf Resort”

San Vicente Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ramona
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Best sandwich or one of the best I have ever had. Went to the grill before our tee time, nice atmosphere and tv's plentiful. I ordered a turkey sandwhich with ortega chili and cheese, Fantastic. Course layout is pretty good. Not alot of trouble, but water can come into play. Fairways wide, greens were very, very slow, due to the heat. They left the greens long so the grass did not burn. I liked the course, would play again. I could not rate it better than average because of the sand traps. Hard packed, no sand, and hard to navagate your way out. You can get out, but without any accurracy. There was no sand to carry the ball out. Good Luck!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
BESTGOLFSPOT, Public Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for your in depth review of San Vicente Golf course. It holds a variety of challenges that people never tire of. We are glad you enjoyed the Par Lounge and hope you plan to visit with us again. Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator, 760-789-5107

Reviewed September 4, 2013

on my arrival I was greeted with a friendly smile and how can i help you? The room was neat and clean, with a good golf course view from the balony. The frig was the largest one I have ever had in a room, kept everything nice and cold. The beds were comfortable. The restaurant had the best scrambled eggs light and fluffy, the prime rib was so good. The prices are very good, breakfast was $3.99 Monday thru Friday and you get a coupon for $4.00 off. I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WF B

Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your San Vicente Resort experience. All of us here are very proud of our product and service. We hope you choose to visit again soon, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator, 760-310-5107

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I usually dont like to complain, but this place was not nice..they put us in a downstairs room.."facing golf course" this means, golfer are less than 40 feet from your bed..from 530 am til 8pm..Then in the morning, right outside our room, was a banquet being set up..Couples downstairs, families upstairs..kids running amuck..pool was lovely..had more waiters standing around than guests..how do you serve cold baked potato and cold fish tacos, when we were the only couple in the dining room???? Sadly..2 thumbs down for this place**(

Room Tip: another hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CorkyMata
BESTGOLFSPOT, Public Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Only by hearing of our short comings can we correct them. We would love to have the opportunity to make up for your unpleasant stay. Please let me know how I can assist you, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator, 760-310-5107

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The resort accommodated 30 lady golfers for 2 nights and could not have been more hospitable.
I also stayed there a second time with my husband. On both occasions the staff were friendly, helpful and professional.
The food and wine were excellent, and the prices extremely reasonable.
Although the resort is older, most of it has been renovated nicely, providing comfortable accommodations and good views of the golf course from most rooms.
The golf course is wonderfully natural and very pretty, seeming to be in good shape generally.
Overall, the resort is one of the best values I have ever encountered!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
BESTGOLFSPOT, Public Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Wow, you covered everything we offer that we are so proud of. Thank you so much for sharing your San Vicente experience with TripAdvisor. Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator, 760-310-5107

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This off the beaten path resort-style golf club offered a lot of activities for a decent price. I was speaking at a Ramona conference and the extra drivetime was worth it. From the large pool with adult swim time to the live band in the bar, howling coyotes and chicken-fried breakfast special, the value was excellent. Nice staff too.

• Stayed: May 2013
BESTGOLFSPOT, Guest Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to share your "San Vicente" experience with TripAdvisor. Your description really sums up what we are about. Hope to have you with us again and often, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator, 760-310-5107

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nice quiet property, overlooking a golf course. Nice pool and clean comfortable room.

The best part was the helpful front desk personnel, and the friendly restaurant wait staff. Since the town is a little ways away it was great to find good food and service on-site.

Overall the resort is a winner.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your "San Vicente" experience with TripAdvisor. We take great pride in our property and the service we provide. Hope to have you with us again soon and often, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator, 760-310-5107

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I like to swim, so it's a treat to stay at a place that has a big lap pool. I mean 25 yards, lanes and big clocks to see your lap times. It also has a big jacuzzi. I stayed here one night because of a project I was working on in Ramona and I'm glad that this place is so close. The rooms were clean and big, it had a big refrigerator, and a private balcony overlooking the golf course. The resort has a nice on site restaurant and lounge with great servers. The location was quiet and I had a very restful sleep.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Acj1966
BESTGOLFSPOT, Guest Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for sharing your San Vicente Resort experience. We hope you stay with us again for business and pleasure. If I may be of assistance please let me know, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator, janice.baldridge@sdcea.net 760-310-5107

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramona
Rancho Bernardo Inn
#2 of 3 in Ramona
Ramona Valley Inn
Ramona Valley Inn
#1 of 1 in Ramona

Been to San Vicente Golf Resort? Share your experiences!