“"The Perfect Getaway"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ramona
Alhambra, California
“"The Perfect Getaway"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at San Vicente Golf Resort several times, and will continue to do so any chance we get, it's just far enough from home that we really get the feeling that we've gotten away from the hubbub. The accommodations are extremely nice, parking near your room is a huge plus (larger, near-the-ocean resorts get away with charging a hefty fee for you to park your own car near your own room ... ridiculous!), the restaurant and lounge have not only a great selection but also excellent food and very gracious servers. The golf course is challenging but fun and always in great condition. And, we have always been greeted with such warm hospitality, the last 2 times by Mary Lou. She remembered us this last time which made us feel even more welcome! We look forward to our next visit, and will gladly make recommendations to anyone who is looking for such a getaway!

Room Tip: We've stayed on all 3 levels and I will say that I prefer the top, mostly because of the views.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
, Public Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
All of us at San Vicente Golf Resort thank you for choosing our resort and sharing your experience. We pride ourselves on providing the best service possible. Many of our employees, including Mary Lou, have over 20 years employment with us. We look forward to your return visits. May I suggest visits in the different seasons? Our location avails us a slight yet distinct "view of Mother Nature's" changes. If I can be of assistance please contact me at 760-310-5107.

Hope to hear from you and see you soon, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
La Quinta, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We have never been to Ramona, before and this hotel, restaurant, lounge, golf resort property was enormously impressive when we arrived. We chose this destination based on other guests' glowing reviews. We usually choose coastal resorts, but wanted to try a new place, someplace we had never been, for a 4 night rejuvenating golf retreat.

We arrived Sunday, and were delighted with the spacious room, 3rd floor, open air, large, nicely furnished outdoor seating, swivel, rocking, comfortable cushioned chairs, tile table on our balcony, overlooking the beautiful 10th tee box, and gorgeous golf course, and views. Our room has a lovely, tinted sky light, and pretty furnishings, decor, updated window coverings, and large, very comfortable bed, linens. Everything was perfect until it wasn't. You may wish to read on as the front desk agent was impossible, and argumentative.

This property has a beautiful, huge, sparkling pool, and enormous hot tub. Very impressive, and for you tennis players, you will be happy with the tennis courts.

The restaurant/ lounge is outstanding. Their happy hour is such a bargain, the menu, and nightly specials are great, divine pizza, prime rib, and generous portions. Since this property does not have room service, we have enjoyed 4 fabulous meals in the lounge. The drinks are strong pours, with the friendliest, most personable, fun, attentive servers & bartenders. Bravo to all the staff in the restaurant, and lounge~ you are consummate professionals and we felt so welcome, and you should all be given raises!

If you are like me, you will appreciate the free, safe parking, and complimentary in-room wireless Internet. I am highly annoyed by $35 a night parking, and $15 a day Internet the 5 star hotels charge. What a rip-off. They need to stop charging guests for parking, and Internet. Thankfully, this property does not, another plus.

Cons, no room service, no newspaper delivery and no turn down. This property needs to provide amenities. They give you one shampoo, one lotion, very tiny tubes, and skinny, cheap green soaps, with plastic disposable soap dishes, you better ask for extra towels, and they do not have hair conditioner. Bring your own toiletries. Also, the plastic cups, and foam coffee cups should be upgraded. They do have a mini coffee maker and ironing board and a very nice, upscale roomy refrigerator.

What ruined an otherwise sublime stay was an elderly woman who appeared to be the front desk manager on duty- Mary Lou. Her demeanor was that of very stressed out individual who had lost their capacity to deal with routine guest needs and wishes. The details are unimportant. However, when a matter is resolved, you do not hijack a guest as they are leaving dinner to get in the last word about how you need to explain why you were right (she in other words) and then interrupt me 3 times while I was reminding her who the guest was. Enough said.

Room Tip: Third/ top floor~ the bottom floor is down dirty, filthy stairs, and has disgusting, old stains on d...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SoCalSiren
Sequim, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was just a fun stop. The lodge was comfortable with a balcony that looked out on a gorgeous golf course and beyond to the mountains. They really have all bases covered with a heated junior Olympic-sized swimming pool, lighted tennis courts, hiking trails and terrific food at the Par Lounge and Oaks Grille Restaurant. They have two Equestrian Centers with lots of big spaces to ride or train horses. And the whole place is surrounded by beautiful individualized family homes and a condominium community.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor overlooking the golf course and it was very quiet. I enjoyed the balcony.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
BESTGOLFSPOT, Guest Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you so much Sharlene. We truly appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. We look forward to having you return for more "balcony" time and whatever other "fun" offering we have. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator, janice.baldridge@sdcea.net.
Simi Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I have stayed at this resort twice now, once in April for 3 days and then again last week for another 3 days. It is so clean, and I requested my same room for the second visit not only due to the convenience for me (parking, ice machine, ground level) but for the beautiful view overlooking the golf course. I have eaten in the restaurant, visited the bar on Friday night for the live band entertainment and I have had the BEST food and great service! I definetley will be booking there again when I have business to attend to in Ramona. I live in Ventura County but have meetings I attend for my company a few times a year - Thank you so much San Vicente! Sincerely, Jerri Rieger - Simi Valley

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the golf course!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
BESTGOLFSPOT, Public Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
All of us at San Vicente Golf Resort thank you for your time writing this review and choosing to stay with us. We take great pride in providing each guest with the best service possible.

Each season provides a different look and feel - try all 4! If I can be of assistance please contact me at 760-310-5107. Hope to hear from you soon, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator for San Vicente Golf Resort
Corona, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

stayed at another timeshare & 1st time to play the course...played w/my son 5.7.12 on a Monday afternoon shotgun...paid $22 each (w/cart)...what a great value...I would be willing to pay more after the nice experience...staff was accomodating... layout was magnificent with varieties of interesting holes...the condition was superb from tee to green...love the mature character of the course with all those full grown trees...if there is any minor downside, the green is just a little bit slow for me (but that's just me, still in great shape though)...will definitely make it a yearly R & R w/our timeshare and play this course twice next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank dayunski
BESTGOLFSPOT, Public Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
All of us at San Vicente Golf Resort want to sincerely thank you for your review. We take great pride in the course. Did you know that the course is 100% watered with reclaimed water? Our golf carts are all solar powered and if you feel like stretching your legs you can walk your round of golf. We experience mild changes of season which adds to the beauty of the course.

Our AAA Triple Diamond lodge is a great place to stay with every room overlooking the golf course. Please contact me if I can be of assistance, Janice Baldridge, Marketing Coordinator, San Vicente Golf Resort 760-310-5107
Fort Mcmurray
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Decided to book here after much research into what available within 30 min of Safari Park zoo where my 9yr old & I could stay; reviewed website and trip Advisor....couldnt wait to experience and share in this 'treasure' with my competitive swimmer as pool was what sold me......After spending full day with soso weather at zoo navigated through mountains and arrive. Told though that pool will no longer be opened to children after 9 and no jacuzzi at all, puzzled re hot tub but left it at that (have stayed many places& only 2nd time experienced this)
Fantastic supper at oak Grille with superb service; ask front counter about pool in morning told opens around 630/7 in morning so decide as would only have 20 min then to go in morning instead before we check out & go to Yuma. We get up early & head down and advised by 'manager' talking with friend that pool not open until 11 for children 2 access but she could go into wading pool (which was freezing and one foot deep). One swimmer in pool doing laps & my child would have to sit freezing to watch me...rooms lovely, gorgeous scenery and looked like good course but this restriction soured most of the stay as if I had known we would have stayed elsewhere...I advised front desk of this when checking out and was told they would update website but no other attempt to acknowledge what felt like misrepresentation- this alone raises questions and will pay more to stay elsewhere & advise my other golfing families to do same if want fair access to amnetities that u pay for- oak grille staff and food fantastic

Room Tip: middle rooms provide easy access to vehicles and still enjoy balcony
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
BESTGOLFSPOT, Public Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
We appreciate your comments. The only way we can provide better service is if we know what we can improve on. As a result of your review we have revised our pool policy to have it open to accommodate our guest's needs.

We are very proud of our restaurant, the Oaks Grille. Thank you for acknowledging it!

Sincere thanks from all of us at San Vicente Golf Resort. We hope you choose to stay with us again.
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Found San Vicente golf resort on Expedia. Wow what a treasure! Golf course was beautiful. Wonderful, peaceful setting. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Food was delicious. Staff was friendly. Met interesting people from Canada. Definitely will visit again!

Room Tip: All rooms have good view of golf course.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
BESTGOLFSPOT, Guest Relations Manager at San Vicente Golf Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words and taking time to post a review. All of us at San Vicente Golf Resort take great pride in providing the best service we can. Our property has so much to offer and we love to share it!

Please visit again soon. We have a "mild" version of the seasons changing which makes for a unique visit each time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramona
San Diego Country Estates
Riviera Oaks Resorts
Riviera Oaks Resorts
#3 of 3 in Ramona
4.0 of 5 stars 93 reviews

Been to San Vicente Golf Resort? Share your experiences!