Ramona Valley Inn
San Vicente Golf Resort(Ramona)(Great Value!)
$98
Orbitz.com
Riviera Oaks Resorts(Ramona)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We had several rooms in this motel and everyone was different. There were no phones in the rooms so you had to go to the office any time you needed anything. Several of the rooms had no hand soap, our rooms was full of flies when we got there. We were poolside, but with all the plants we could not see the pool and it felt like we were in a dark place because of the plants. When I tried to sign on to my computer, their advertised WiFi did not work. The girl in the office seemed unconcerned and said that the rooms by the pool seem to always have a problem, but I could bring my computer to the lobby and try to sign on there. Seemed like it was just one thing after another. My husband travels for work so we are in hotels a lot and this one was a serious disappointment. Next time I will drive a few miles to get something a little better and someplace that at least provides the service they advertise

Room Tip: Stay in one of the timeshare places in the area or drive up from Escondido
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Smidty28
Reviewed July 20, 2011

This Inn is very clean, The room was well appointed with air conditioning, refridgerater, lots of TV channels and a comfortable bed. The Inn was equally impressive outside with a sparkling pool (they had cold drinks and large towels available in the office) and surprisingly pretty vegetation around the grounds. Great office staff and good location....I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank targa911
Reviewed June 18, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. We had a pool side, ground level room with 2 double beds. The room was spacious and VERY clean. It came with a fridge and the TV had a built in VCR and DVD player. We did not have any problems with outside noise. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.
However, just a "heads-up": There was no hair dryer, no coffee maker, no clock and no iron or ironing board in the room. We could get free coffee in the front lobby from 7am-noon and we could borrow an iron and ironing board. The iron was fine, but the board was a table-top board which had little broken legs, so it was extremely hard to iron.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GigiAlbuquerque
Reviewed November 23, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this motel after te wildfires in November 2007. We are catastrophe insurance adjsuters and we travel all over the Nation. This was a very clean place with great matresses. The value was excellent for the price which was very low compared to many of the hotels we have stayed in. The staff was very nice and even brought us extra pillows on request.

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank gapetty
Reviewed July 29, 2007

The Ramona Valley Inn proved to be a great find. We stayed two nights in their "Country Suite" and were pleasently surprised. The staff was friendly and the price was very good. The beds were new and quite comfortable. The rooms were quiet, clean, and had been newly remodeled. The pool was clean, though we didn't find time to swim. Ammenities are sparse and the neighborhood lacks charm, but the pros definately outweigh the cons. I'd say the Romona Valley inn rates a solid AAA two stars in that you get quality, no frills lodging at a reasonable price.

The town of Ramona is located about halfway between the San Diego Wild Animal Park and Julian, and makes a good staging area for visits to both attractions. The town has more charm than Escondido, and is far less pricey and has more services than Julian. There are nice restaurants near the hotel; I highly recommend the nearby Ramona Cafe (truely excellent breakfast), and Mamma Rosa's (very nice Italian food).

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family