Lowest prices for your stay
$169
Free cancellation until 12/04/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
$169
$144
Free cancellation until 12/04/22
Hotels.com$144
Travelocity$144
Vio.com$144
All reviews tennis courts san diego golf course washer dryer every evening small patio clean unit young children la jolla southern california grocery store electric bbq nice resort get away hour drive two couples rocky hills
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2016

First of all this is not a really great location for vacation. There is a swimming pool on site and horseback riding nearby. Our first day here I put in about 2 miles of pacing in the apartment, barefoot and by the end of the day the heels and balls of my feet were literally black. There is a sign that you can put on the outside of your door that says "Privacy Please" however, they still come in your apartment if you are not there. I called the front desk and spoke with the manager, Patty and she told me that, of course they serviced the room and that "Privacy Please" is not the same as "Do Not Disturb." So I told her that I wanted NO ONE to enter the apartment while we are here unless I call and ask for some service and she agreed. We left to go to the grocery store and when we returned they had been in the apartment...AGAIN! They also moved some of our stuff. I will not ever stay here again. By the way, we are clean people and clean up for ourselves and we wash the towels and sheets ourselves as well if we have a washer and dryer in the unit (which we do here).

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nonie3150
PIVacations, General Manager at San Diego Country Estates, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations and any inconvenience you experienced. Your input is welcomed as it provides us an opportunity to hear our guests' concerns and make improvements to enhance their overall satisfaction. Thank you.

Reviewed August 18, 2016

Our unit was great. Clearly renovated, carpet drapes, linens, paint. Very roomy and very clean Fully equipped and free wifi. Interior hall entrance even though this place is clearly 30 years old. We can see that they are still in the process of renovating other units. Nice setting, fireplace, private patio with your own electric grill. If you want to get away from it all, this is the place! Lots of families enjoying the beautiful pools. OH, FULL SIZE washer and dryer in the 1 BR unit! There are 2 other 8 ft closets in the MBR with lots of room.

The only complaint is that this place is 15 minutes from Ramona, which has quite a number and variety of restaurants, and 50-60+ minutes from San Diego or the coast. Other than the lovely pools and racquet facility, and a "rough' gold course about 10 minutes away, you feel a bit remote. I'm talking winding 2 lane roads.

One of the fastest, easiest and most pleasant check-ins for a time share we've experienced.

Room tip: no elevators s if stairs are a problem stick to the 1st floor, but we are on hills
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ArizonaTwo

Thank you for taking the time to provide us a review of your stay. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great time. We apologize for your inconvenience regarding the resort's location and proximity to nearby sight-seeing venues. If overlooked, I think you will agree that our resort has great accommodations and amenities.

San Diego Country Estates Management.

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

We had an amazing time this weekend. If you want quality time with your family with no distractions this is the place. We loved it, the staff is friendly, there is lots to do with kids, even a movie poolside under the stars.

Trip type: Traveled with family
PIVacations, General Manager at San Diego Country Estates, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2016

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us your comments regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you had a great time. Providing outstanding customer service is crucial to our high standards. We hoped we have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your visit soon. Thank you.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

My husband and I arrived to the San Diego Estates and we were pleasantly surprised on how large and clean the place was. We had a 2 bedroom suite, there was plenty of drawer space, the closets were large, the beds were very comfortable. I was very concern on how the beds would feel, but to my surprise again (nothing like sleeping on a good mattress). The Kitchen had everything we needed, as we enjoyed cooking our own food. We also used the electric barbeque grill, which was very clean, The only issue I had was the people above us in the upstairs unit were loud, I think they had a child that like to run, but it did not last all night. The pool was wonderful and the spa was nice as well, I enjoyed watching a movie under the stars at the pool as well. The golf course was very nice and the cost was very reasonable, the tennis courts were always available, the winery we visited was awesome and the people of Ramona are very friendly, we met so many nice people. Now I do have to admit that as we were driving up the winding road to get to the estates. I was thinking that maybe we made a mistake, because it was dark and we felt like we were going to no mans land. but after getting a good night sleep, we woke up to see how lovely Ramona really was. Overall I would come back again, I would just pack lightly ( my husband and I over packed. great place, staff was very nice.

Room tip: it may be more quiet upstairs, but be ready to climb stairs.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank veronica p

We appreciate you taking time to provide us a review of your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you had a great time. We are always happy to learn that are guests enjoyed our accommodations, amenities and location. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experience. We feel that providing outstanding customer service is a key factor in making a favorable impression on our guests and it sounds like we were successful with you. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

Very spacious accommodation and beautiful area although a good 40 minute drive to San Diego. Great facilities, tennis, table tennis and lovely pool area and all included in cost. Accommodation slightly tired but lovely and clean. We really enjoyed our stay

Trip type: Traveled with family

We appreciate your comments about your stay. We are always happy to learn that are guests enjoyed our accommodations and amenities. Thank you for informing us about the minor things that you thought needed enhancements. This will greatly assist us in making continuous improvements to our resort. We look forward to your return soon.