“Quality down since my last review”
Review of Greenhorn Ranch

Greenhorn Ranch
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Quincy
More attraction details
Owner description: Greenhorn Ranch is a dude ranch tucked away in the mountains of Northern California’s remote Plumas County. Here history is alive and well. Cowboys and wranglers work with our 60-head herd of horses to ensure they’re healthy and trail worthy. Service is in their blood. Our ranch hands teach horse back riding lessons and guide guests on twice daily trail rides across our 600+-acre property. Our signature whiskey bar is the ideal place to get to know ranch life as it used to be. Connect with modern day wranglers and get a taste of real cowboy living here.
Reviewed August 4, 2015

Sad to say as the owners are wonderful people. They have let the food quality and quanity go down hill. Where there used to be "cowboy breakfasts" cooked to order now it is pre-cooked and limited selection. One of dinners featured thin pork chops in a good sauce with cold beans and cold wild rice (no butter offered). The ranch is feeling tired.

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank SaltSpringCurt

Reviewed April 22, 2015

We hosted our daughter's wedding here. It was a beautiful location (on a perfect summer day). I couldn't imagine anything nicer. The staff was easy to work with

Date of experience: July 2014
Reviewed September 17, 2014

We attended a wedding here. They were able to put up all of us on the property so no one needed to worry about drinking and driving. The weather was perfect for an outdoor event and the setting was lovely. The owners and staff treat you like family- breakfast in the chuckhouse is excellent and all you care to eat.They do events but you can also go for a short vacation and learn to ride...they have classes and rides for beginners and those with more experience. Line dance at night in the saloon. Lots of fun.

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This facility went way beyond our wildest expectations. The staff treated you like family. The trail rides were phenominal. I cannot say enough of what a great time was experienced. Activitites, food, serenity, and overall relaxing time. I highly recommend if you are in the area or want a place to ride this is it.

Date of experience: May 2014
See more reviews
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Received a week from my husband for my birthday. Best gift ever!!!. Everything is included, rides, food and evening fun. The staff at Greenhorn is incredible. They truly make you feel like part of the family. We were there for a week. Two rides daily! Good food, Great People and Terrific horses!. I can't say enough good about the people and the facility. I am already planning my trip for next Spring. Can't wait to go back. There are many trails. I don't think we repeated any trails once. I felt like a ranch girl but then changed that to spoiled ranch girl since I didn't have to do chores. I just can't say enough good about the people and this place!!

Date of experience: May 2014